Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Dartzap »

I'm really hoping that was Daala :lol:
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

You really hope who was Daala? :?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

The Arquitens captain from the latest epiosde I presume?
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Yep! Sorry, forgot it airs earlier here than over the pond.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I'm guessing said captain was total screw up even by imperial standards, as I know Daala isn't exactly a well liked imperial character from the legendaries (which is why I used her as an example that a lot of the old EU problems were in execution rather then concept).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Dartzap wrote:I'm really hoping that was Daala :lol:
Seems to be a new character named Brunson.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dartzap wrote:I'm really hoping that was Daala :lol:
Nope, Captain Brunson.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

If Hera came down to the cargo bay to talk to everybody after the pickup while they were in the shaft, who the fuck was flying the ship? I mean, they do that repeatedly, but in a situation where they actually need to have hands on the controls because one slip means wrecking the Ghost to say nothing of minutes of inattention, it becomes painfully obvious.

Also, apparently a pair of proton torpedoes can rip an Arquitens cruiser in half.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

I can only educe, that the Imperial Captain was a retard of such high degree, as to ignore raising shields in a combat zone
Other than that, I got nothing
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Burak Gazan wrote:I can only educe, that the Imperial Captain was a retard of such high degree, as to ignore raising shields in a combat zone
Other than that, I got nothing
Nah she doesn't need to be all that unintelligent, just arrogant and inexperienced. It's not all that odd for military personel to make calls that seem utterly moronic in hindsight if they were working for propaganda or other incorrect intel.

IIRC one of the major reasons Pearl Harbor and other early japanese attacks were so effective was that due to outright racist propaganda the US military thought (at least at high enough level for it to be an issue) that japanese were utterly unable to use carriers and were inhertly inferior to (white) US servicemen regardless or training or equipment, so US military was caught with their pants down (metephorically speaking) when the japanese did what US thought was impossible for them. Another such case would be the Winter War where USSR had superiority in just about everything, but due to arrogant underestimating of the finnish capability and will to fight cause by poor and inexperienced leadership made the whole thing into fiasko.

We shouldn't assume that imperials know everything we do nor should be we assume that imperial military works like US military does, I'd be surpriced if the empire wasn't hiding the full extent of rebellion and the capabilities of the rebels from non-flag officers. (aka captain/colonel or lower)
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yeah, but a military officer should still know that her ship will die to a torpedo attack if the shields are not up and act accordingly.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Hera notes in the episode that it's a move that shows that the other ship is led by someone inexperienced. Probably why she was consigned to patrolling a dead world that frequently gets false alarms.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

But she knew that the Ghost was one of the Empire's most wanted Rebel vessels; it should have occurred to her that there's a very good reason for that. Oh well. Imperials get handed the Idiot Ball once again.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

It's become a recurring theme for the rebels to dig up dirt for presentation to the Senate. Love it. :lol:
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Galvatron wrote:It's become a recurring theme for the rebels to dig up dirt for presentation to the Senate. Love it. :lol:
It's not a bad idea for trying to get support and/or undermine the Empire's current political support. There is a big however though
At some point, our crew WILL succeed and deliver some really nasty, or juicy intel. Giving that to Bail, might sound great, but it might also be hard evidence of a connection between he (or whoever) and the so-called Rebel Alliance. I do hope they think that through
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

It's also possible that the rebels had ways to leak such information anonymously, thereby allowing their sympathizers in the Senate to react with genuine shock and outrage.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

I think you're right. It's just that Ezra et al do not strike me as the most astute or sharp operatives.... :P
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rogue 9 wrote:Yeah, but a military officer should still know that her ship will die to a torpedo attack if the shields are not up and act accordingly.
and yeah a military officer should know that winter camo is more important then condoms in a war against northen European country during winter but they didn't, underestimating your opponent is nothing new, maybe be thought that her ship could take out the Ghost before it could counter.

Also do we know if proton-torps are standard issue for VCX-100 for all we know they're an addon made by the rebels to the ghost and said captain wasn't aware that the Ghost had torps. After all that logical reason would a light freighter have for anti-capship weapons and from what I've gathered the Ghost isn't the only VC(x)-100 in existance.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Sort of like, every YT-1300 aint the Falcon, BUT, that design can be hot-rodded and given teeth A LOT. Patrol Ship captains should be aware that certain designs, especially in Rebel hands, would not be stock in any way.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Burak Gazan wrote:Sort of like, every YT-1300 aint the Falcon, BUT, that design can be hot-rodded and given teeth A LOT. Patrol Ship captains should be aware that certain designs, especially in Rebel hands, would not be stock in any way.
Kind of like Stalin's generals should figured out that people from a country that's partly above the artic circle might know a thing or 2 about winter warfare and you victory shouldn't be taken for granted. Like Hitler (or his generals) made a similar mistake when invading USSR.

These "what an idiot" mistakes aren't that uncommon and you got remember that empire is probably hiding the extent of the rebellion or it's assets even from its own people for propaganda reasons, so it's possible that captains aren't told being the possibility of VCX-100s having proton torps as that would mean admiting that rebels have proton-torps. Stupid yes but understandbly so.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Possibly. But this dumbass was reading out the who and what on the Ghost like she had it's licence plate in front of her :) Now, if you know it's a Rebel ship, and KNOWN to have done rather illegal things in the past - including lots of 'splody-type stuff - then maybe, just MAYBE, you might want to exercise some caution. Or, plan B - use extreme violence dialed up to about 12, and slag the entire area with full-power turbolaser bombardment.
Yeah, yeah, I know, plot... :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Maybe she forgot that possibly underbelly armor AND shields are weaker than front armor and shields due to the nature of shaping. The underbelly is a much wider and flatter surface, so armor and shield concentration is spread thin. Something at the fore would optimize armor, shields and the dagger shape's silhouette.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Burak Gazan wrote:Possibly. But this dumbass was reading out the who and what on the Ghost like she had it's licence plate in front of her :) Now, if you know it's a Rebel ship, and KNOWN to have done rather illegal things in the past - including lots of 'splody-type stuff - then maybe, just MAYBE, you might want to exercise some caution. Or, plan B - use extreme violence dialed up to about 12, and slag the entire area with full-power turbolaser bombardment.
Yeah, yeah, I know, plot... :D
As I said it's like thinking you got more use for condoms (so your soldiers don't get STDs or bastards when raping the locals) then winter camo when attacking a country in the middle of a harsh winter USSR during Winter War gives some nice examples of incompetence due to arrogance and USSR did have intel on Finland so that's not the case here. Then there's Hitler(or his generals) making essentially the same mistake when starting Operation Barbarossa.

And that's assuming that what the empire tells their officers about what Ghost did and what we know for a fact the Ghost did are one and the same. After all using demo charges after infiltrating a ship/base isn't the same thing as having anti-capship weapons.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Not sure if this should go here or the Rogue One thread, but given the nods to Rebels in the film Spoiler
(reportedly the Ghost appears to be in the final battle, and I'm pretty sure I heard someone calling for General Syndulla over the com. at Yavin), and the implication that the crew are present at Yavin and Scarif, what does that tell us?

Does most of the main cast survive to at least the Battle of Scarif? Was the Ghost one of the ships that escaped (and could this be determined from screenshots)? Is their a possibility of a tie in episode of the show some time down the line, with Scarif shown from the show characters' point of view?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

About those nods Spoiler
At least Hera and Chopper survive until Scrariff and there's implications that Sabine will survive into the movie era as well as there's mentions of rebel artist/propagandist that's most likely her. No info on the male members at this point at least none that I know of