Dream EU casting

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Re: Dream EU casting

Post by Stark »

I think if there's one thing this thread has demonstrated, it's that you're a terrible 'sample of one'.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

It's one of the things this thread has demonstrated, certainly :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
fordlltwm
Padawan Learner

Post by fordlltwm »

Drew Barrymore as Mara Jade possibly?

Robert Downey Junior as Corran Horn?

Nu Kirk actor as Bror Jace?

Ellen Page as Inyri / Lujayne Forge?

I'm trying to think of an actor for Wedge since I'm guessing the original guy's fairly old by now?

*edit*
Just checked and Denis Lawson is 65 so quite a bit too old for the role in X-Wing novels, which I'd love to see as films.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

And as long as we're talking about the X-Wing novels, Jared Padalecki for Kell Tainer. (They actually look a lot alike if the picture on Wookieepedia is any indication.)
Batman wrote:It's one of the things this thread has demonstrated, certainly :D
The other being how easy it is to derail this board into a flatly ridiculous argument by getting one word wrong.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Oh, and while I'm at it, how about Teryl Rothery for Mirax Terrik?

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Christ you guys are really going deep into craptacular EU characters for this. I am ashamed I even know who these characters are.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Who would you rather we talk about? All we've seen from you is whining.

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

StarSword wrote:Who would you rather we talk about? All we've seen from you is whining.
How about what actors do you want to see in the next Star Wars movie and what kind of new character do you want to see?
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

StarSword wrote:Who would you rather we talk about? All we've seen from you is whining.
No, see this is complaining. Whining couldn't possibly have this level of arrogance, condescension and laughter.

And double Christ, I agree with Ray. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

ray245 wrote:
How about what actors do you want to see in the next Star Wars movie and what kind of new character do you want to see?
I've said this before, but anyway, I'd like to see David Tenant. While he sometimes gets a bit too melodramatic, he's a pretty good actor. And he can be hammy and awesome at the same time, which is a good quality for Star Wars.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:Christ you guys are really going deep into craptacular EU characters for this. I am ashamed I even know who these characters are.
Lucky for me I don't know most of them. :D

My dream EU casting would be: NONE

Because they would ignore all of the EU stuff except for maybe a few random good ideas. I'm fine with little nerd shout outs like having Dash Rendar's ship appear on screen etc... but damn most of the EU just sucks ass and doesn't really fit in with the movies. I mean, given all the shit that force users have done in the books, comics, cartoons, and video games, doesn't that sort of make all the force users in the movies look kind of like pussies?

If they want to bring some of the tech ideas forward, fine. Just don't leave all the badder than the Death Star super weapons behind.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I've said this before, but anyway, I'd like to see David Tenant. While he sometimes gets a bit too melodramatic, he's a pretty good actor. And he can be hammy and awesome at the same time, which is a good quality for Star Wars.
He already has...

Huyang
Ire
Youngling

Post by Ire »

Havok wrote:
No, see this is complaining. Whining couldn't possibly have this level of arrogance, condescension and laughter.

Protip: You can still be an ass and whine
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as anyone.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ire wrote:
Havok wrote:

Protip: You can still be an ass and whine
Did you just throw "protip" out there while calling someone else an ass? :lol:

Look dude, it ain't whining. It's absolute incredulity that people can't get past the EU when it comes to these new movies.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

dude you're whining so much it made me post for the fist time since 3 years or so^^
As long there is gravity, ride on...
John Chris
Youngling

Post by John Chris »

Gary Oldman as Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet Gilad Pellaeon. Remove the Jim Gordon glasses, maybe touch up the 'stache, and give him the white Grand Admiral uniform...yeah, I can definitely see that.

Edward James Olmos as his opposite number in the Republic fleet. Bonus points if he gets to bash a Sith with a flashlight. :D

And Sean Connery as...the Supreme Chancellor. A nice guy, to contrast Palpatine's legacy. Had to shoehorn my favorite actor in somewhere!

Somewhat crack:

Chandler Riggs of Walking Dead fame as Anakin Solo. Actually, I think he can handle the depth of emotion that Anakin needs, what with having a big chip on his shoulder thanks to his parents' and grandparents' legacy. And he'd be just the right age if JJ Abrams decides to go with the plot of the NJO series.
“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “
- James Nicoll
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

Given how there's a distinct anti-EU slant in this discourse, I might as well make up new characters:

The Rock as Boba Fett's successor
Emma Stone as Lady of the Sith
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Z-Wing pilot (cameo)
Amy Poehler for Mon Mothma