"Star Wars Resistance" is Disney's Newest Animated TV show

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Star Wars Resistance" is Disney's Newest Animated TV show

Post by Crazedwraith »

This is the combined edition of Saxton's work and Disney material

Wookie says that the edition spells out that the Legends material is still Legends though.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The old ICS weren't recanonised but the Complete Locations (several of which Curtis consulted on) were, in modified form. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see modified versions of the old ICS come out in the future. And besides, Curtis didn't write all of them - David West Reynolds did too. Also, Jason Fry clearly had regard (and reused) a lot of the material in Curtis' work for the TFA ICS.

Also:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/29/star-wars- ... mechanics/

Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Yes the locations and the visual dictionary is the only ones I saw so far
Ps. is that better; I forget to fix that :D
Bullets always have the right of away
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Well, those new images are much better than the trailer I've seen. I suppose the odds are good that these are closer to the final look of the show, and the trailer is from the work-in-progress stage. One can hope, anyway.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Elheru Aran wrote: 2018-08-30 06:07pm Well, those new images are much better than the trailer I've seen. I suppose the odds are good that these are closer to the final look of the show, and the trailer is from the work-in-progress stage. One can hope, anyway.
Fingers crossed
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

So, Resistanc started to air on October 7. Is anyone watching this show and if so, is it any good? I haven't seen anyone broadcasting it where I live.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Its kind of damning that something like this can be out for two weeks and nobody on a boards such as this felt/feels the need to talk about it at all.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

I finally found this topic. Been looking for here last week. Anyway I have watched SW:R with a grain of salt but it turned out not bad.

As far as I could tell Star Wars:R is exclusive to Disney App
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I don't think it airs on any channel I have (Rebels stopped airing here during season two IIRC). So I'm going to have to watch it in bits and pieces via Youtube clips, or wait for the DVD.

The preemptive attacks are ridiculous, though, as would be judging it on the first few episodes (though I am aware that knee-jerk hostility to any new production is pretty much the unofficial pastime of Star Wars fandom, at this point). I still remember the deluge of criticism about The Clone Wars and Rebels (about which I had some misgivings myself). It pretty much went away after the first season, in both cases. Since its the same people running this show, I feel that it deserves the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to grow into its shoes.

Hell, even people who hate the Sequels ended up liking Clone Wars. And Ashoka, who began as an annoying kid sidekick awkwardly inserted into canon, and a near-perfect target for the "Mary Sue" label, grew into one of the most popular characters (quite possibly the most popular female character, after Leia) in the fandom.

Give it time. We've been through this before.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

I watched it on the app via Roku
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Has anyone else ever seen it? The show is at least 3ep in.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

God here we are in November, and no one has yet to post a review!
Interest in events is obviously lacking.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2018-11-07 12:18am God here we are in November, and no one has yet to post a review!
Well I don't post here very often anymore compared to spacebattles, where I post screencaps and commentary. I'm not in love with it yet, but I think its a good looking show and I'm willing to see where the plot (which has been slow to build so far) leads.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Vympel wrote: 2018-11-07 03:58am
Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2018-11-07 12:18am God here we are in November, and no one has yet to post a review!
Well I don't post here very often anymore compared to spacebattles, where I post screencaps and commentary. I'm not in love with it yet, but I think its a good looking show and I'm willing to see where the plot (which has been slow to build so far) leads.
I know the affairs of other boards is not a concern but it's kinda interesting to see the slow erosion of SDN compared to the heyday.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

The show so far is ok but better than when I 1st gave credit for. It is keeping my interest.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-11-07 02:33pm The show so far is ok but better than when I 1st gave credit for. It is keeping my interest.
https://discord.gg/pMyjSWt

Here's your link, nerd. Something about Jedi and Star Wars stuff.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

TheFeniX wrote: 2018-11-19 02:12pm
PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-11-07 02:33pm The show so far is ok but better than when I 1st gave credit for. It is keeping my interest.
https://discord.gg/pMyjSWt

Here's your link, nerd. Something about Jedi and Star Wars stuff.
Thanks. This Discord page is about reviewing and some links free so you can watch Star Wars resistance
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Watched the first two episodes. It's cute. So, New Republic pilots are allowed to just leave the military to join Leia's militia?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2018-12-21 12:45am Watched the first two episodes. It's cute. So, New Republic pilots are allowed to just leave the military to join Leia's militia?
Remember all the Russian soldiers "on leave" fighting in the Ukraine? What this sounds like to me is that elements of the NR government supported the Resistance, but wanted "plausible deniability".
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

It's been a while since I watched the first episodes, but I dont recall him getting permission. He pretty much just went rogue with Poe without telling anyone but his dad, and the transmission was scrambled so his dad doesn't even know where he is.

If his dad reported that I expect he's considered AWOL. If not he might be MIA, the last time anyone in the navy saw him he was fighting a hostile starfighter. Though I also expect the republic navy isn't overly concerned about people who end up in the resistance.