(SD.net Database) Thrawn

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

(SD.net Database) Thrawn

Postby DarthPooky » 2017-05-13 12:59am

Ok so no surprise there are spoilers hear so be warned.

So my thoughts of Thrawn is... it is superb probably one of if not the best novel of the new canon. Timothy Zahn knocks it out of the park yet again with a Thrawn that is just right.

Now for the technical and lore bits I'm going to have Star Wars Explained videos because I'm tired of typing word for word quotes strait from the book if you guys have an easier suggestion let me no. So what are your thoughts on Thrawn as well as technical details you thought interesting and or significant.

atg
Jedi Master

Re: (SD.net Database) Thrawn

Postby atg » 2017-05-14 10:31pm

Maybe I just ready it too quickly but I felt that Thrawn's rise up the ranks was a bit meh. Like every chapter was 'he is now rank x because reasons'.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."

Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Re: (SD.net Database) Thrawn

Postby Pelranius » 2017-05-26 05:30pm

Surprised that Parck got an appearance, but Pellaeon didn't.
The Christian fundies don't like Muslim Anti Zionism and the Arab nationalists resent the Israeli presence in the Occupied Territories because no one likes to see someone else beat the living shyte out of one's red headed step sibling.

"I am General Grevious, and I am NOT a sock puppet!"

Return to “Pure Star Wars”