Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lord Revan wrote:I suspect such a series is fairly standard for any weapon based martial arts, after all it would be easy way to make the student learn the basics in a way that doesn't confuse them. Since Sabine doesn't really know more then very basics of lightsaber combat I suspect that Kanan is teaching the basic training series of Form I until Sabine is good enough with those that she perform the series without thinking and at full speed.
Sure but it's just great to hear it. It's quite possible that the Rebels creators weren't tapping into Eskrima but from other weapons arts and that the eskrimador grandmasters - who themselves do a lot of research and assimilation and absorption (in the case of GM Bobby there and my own GM, they're like sponges) - drew from similar sources so in my case I'm coincidentally witnessing/experiencing something two sources separately, on their own, drew from in the course of their research. :D
Lord Revan wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Like I said, old-school "Mandalorian-style" mechanically-activated bombs and such would be a nice touch.
Such techno fetishism seems more something UFP would do instead of Galactic Republic/Empire since for all the high tech devices SW still seems to have a fairly bit of simple mechnical tools as well.
Then again thermal detonators are micro-nuclear devices.

My previous posts didn't say that the Imperials never used mechanicals. I just mentioned that Imperial mass production and the galaxy's own standards, due to being used to all other forms of hyper-advanced miniaturized tech being so ubiquitous, might not be be up to snuff to whatever the Mandalorians maintained out of tradition and out of the limitations they faced or whatever.

Like, if a bunch of guys continued making mechanical watches. Swiss watches. While the world went on with digital watches and the remaining non-Swiss watchmaker companies that decided to keep making a few mechanical watches just... lost "it" and their product is not as exquisite as the old stuff that the Swiss continue to make.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

True but militaries tend to be very much "what works" and thus you're not likely to loose things like mechnical fuses since they work, also as I stated before these weapons were "scary" enough to intimidate Mandalore to not oppose imperial rule so there's probably more then just "uses mechnical fuse" there, since mandos aren't known to be easily intimidated.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I didn't say they'd lose mechanical fuses in the future. I just meant that the Mandos might have really good ones.

But sure. Yeah, horrific liquidy-adhesivey-explosives like what she did with her paint bombs would work. Or other stuff.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Could her paint bombs have originated as a delivery system for some sort of chemical weapon?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Galvatron wrote:Could her paint bombs have originated as a delivery system for some sort of chemical weapon?
I could see it happening that way. Sabine making something just because she likes the task of building it, and when confronted with the consequences, turned it into something beautiful and rather harmless.

Though I prefer the opposite, Sabine created something meant to incapacitate and the Empire warped it into a brutal weapon.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Heck, no. A child brought up on the WARRIOR WISDOM WAYS of the Mandos? You BET when she was young she was making the most spikey skully shoulderpady IEDs EFPs and IUDs for the Empire and THEN when she saw what that is really like... then you have this Mando running off and making bombs loaded with paint.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Heck, no. A child brought up on the WARRIOR WISDOM WAYS of the Mandos? You BET when she was young she was making the most spikey skully shoulderpady IEDs EFPs and IUDs for the Empire and THEN when she saw what that is really like... then you have this Mando running off and making bombs loaded with paint.
I like this train of thought. Sabine only becomes an artist after seeing what weapons can really do.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

She has become ashamed of her words and deeds. She discovered that the truth behind the wise ways of warrior will the Mandalorians practice have resulted in their DEATH STRANDING. Their delusion of bearing the superior genes have shown their entrapment to the memes of Imperial subjugation. By wielding that darksaber she must come to terms with the realization that she must take her people, these warriors, mercenaries and soldiers, to a new home of their own making, where they will no longer be subject to the whims and political manipulations of the galactic powers, where these fighters can forge a peace on their own terms. Attaining a liberty that they have won for themselves. An Outer Haven.

Cortosis Krayt. Fluid Krayt. Solidus Krayt. Decoy Dianoga. Sniper Vornskr. Psycho Acklay.

An LAAT? What's a Republic gunship doing in Hoth.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:An LAAT? What's a Republic gunship doing in Hoth.
It fell out of Dash Rendar's left shoulderpad when he was climbing into his snowspeeder.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Never mind not working now
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Huh. The one guy's helmet disappears after she pulls the darksaber.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Well the time elapsed between helmet/not helmet is long enough for the guy to take it off and throw it somewhere off-camera. One wonders why he would do that but it's not necessarily a gaffe.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They got additional CG budget and realized they could animate his face :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Thoughts:

- People on jetpacks can fly with spacecraft? Really?
- That's a fortress? It's obviously a lakeside condo.
- Yeah, Sabine, what did you really expect? For your mother to throw away the entire clan at the Empire on just your initiative?
- Yup, that's how they expected it to go.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
AMX
Jedi Knight

Post by AMX »

Zixinus wrote:Thoughts:

- People on jetpacks can fly with spacecraft? Really?
Depends on what the spacecraft is doing at that time, I suppose.
It looks like they were slow and deep in the atmosphere, so why not?
Indeed.
Maybe the Mandos consider it a fortress because there are Mandos living there?
- Yeah, Sabine, what did you really expect? For your mother to throw away the entire clan at the Empire on just your initiative?
- Yup, that's how they expected it to go.
A horrible plan, saved by the stupidity of the enemy.
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

Yeah, Saxon's plan was even better.

Hey, let's take five guys, go to the Wren stronghold and betray mama Wren.
What could go wrong?
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The thing is that Saxon would have gotten away with it if he didn't decide to be uppity right then and there. He could have had the Jedi, the Darksaber and everything if he decided to just go for Sabine later.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm still unclear how the Darksaber is going to help here. I mean, sure it's a legendary weapon, but Mama has a point: Sabine didn't get it from Maul. Plus, the Empire probably has a noose around very-independent-Mandalore to tighten at any moment and even if they rebel, what then? The thing that is needed is Mandalore not only to get free but stay free.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zixinus wrote:- That's a fortress? It's obviously a lakeside condo.
It's not like modern US Army "forts" especially resemble what you'd traditionally think a Fort would look like.
AMX wrote:Maybe the Mandos consider it a fortress because there are Mandos living there?
This is probably the case. Some historical reference from Mandalorian "warrior-dom" or whatever.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

It'll be interesting to see if Mandalore winds up being one of those fully-independent, openly-rebellious fortress worlds that the Death Star was intended to be used against.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

It's not like modern US Army "forts" especially resemble what you'd traditionally think a Fort would look like.
Yeah, but they still have stuff like barbed wire. You would think that a fortress would have more elaborate defences than "a few guys". Unbrakable glass, some gun emplacements, AA, some walls, battledroids walking about, you know. Or even just a few security cameras so people can't creep in.
Credo!
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Zixinus wrote:The thing is that Saxon would have gotten away with it if he didn't decide to be uppity right then and there. He could have had the Jedi, the Darksaber and everything if he decided to just go for Sabine later.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm still unclear how the Darksaber is going to help here. I mean, sure it's a legendary weapon, but Mama has a point: Sabine didn't get it from Maul. Plus, the Empire probably has a noose around very-independent-Mandalore to tighten at any moment and even if they rebel, what then? The thing that is needed is Mandalore not only to get free but stay free.
Let's be honest how many times have the villians in Rebels shot themselves in the foot because they couldn't wait five minutes before betraying an ally.

As for the fortress comment I just assumed that is what Mandalorians called any sort of headquarters.
Jade Owl
Padawan Learner

Post by Jade Owl »

Zixinus wrote:Thoughts:

It makes sense when we consider that not so long ago, Satine's faction was in power and making everything they could to pretend all the Mandalorians had abandoned their warrior ways. The government in Sundari may have been able to turn a blind eye to Clan Wren training in armor out in Krownest, but building a full fledged fortification would've been impossible to ignore.

I would bet that Pre Viszla had a similarly swanky and non threatening looking place in Concordia.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov "Bridle and Saddle" (aka "The Mayors", in Foundation), 1942.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Gar Saxon looks like Gary Busey, Y/N?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Look who's back!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight