[SD.net Database] Complete Locations

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: [SD.net Database] Complete Locations

Post by Elheru Aran »

Balrog wrote:
Death Star II, p. 166 wrote:As had been confirmed during development of the original Death Star, construction advanced most efficiently when the working surface allowed sufficient space for the greatest possible number of self-replicating construction droids. This was Moff Jerjerrod's justification for filling the station's interior in a piecemeal manner.
Von Neumann machines!
Hang on a minute.

The droids are constructing the Death Star, right?

So where are they getting the material to construct *themselves* with? From material earmarked for the Death Star? Or is there another line of material for the droids specifically?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Re: [SD.net Database] Complete Locations

Post by Balrog »

Doesn't say, though I assume there's just a big pile of raw material ear-marked for the DS construction which accounts for both what's needed to build the station and get the droids going (unless they stole the same magical "stuff outta nowhere" tech used for the DS9 wormhole mines).
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring