Star Wars Rebels casting update.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Star Wars Rebels casting update.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Confirmed that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will be voicing a new inquisitor, who looks like she'll be a major villain for this season (I guess that suggests that we won't be getting as much Vader, but maybe its better not to overuse Vader and dilute his significance).

http://comicbook/2015/10/02/sarah-miche ... rs-rebels/
"I may be number 7, but I'm pretty much number 1," Gellar quips in the intro video. She also reveals exactly what her Inquisitor's mission is. "My character believes that Ahsoka is back, and she's trying to track down Ahsoka, and the Rebels... and kill them all!"

She didn't see the design before she got into the booth; in fact, she said some of her mannerisms and hand movements were brought into the animation later. Of course, her husband Freddie Prinze, Jr. voices Kanan, the Jedi leader of the Rebels crew, and as you can see in the video, that means their characters will be very directly at odds with one another.

The Inquisitors, dark side users who haven't been opened to the secrets of the Sith, had one of their ranks dispatched against the Rebels in season one, eventually dying in battle with the Jedi. That made Darth Vader get involved directly, but while he has other matters to attend to, two new Inquisitors have been sent out for Season 2.
Gellar's Facebook page confirms it as well.

The article includes a video with some clips of said new inquisitor in action. Gellar's voice was barely recognizable to me, but I take that as a good thing- I like actors who can play a variety of roles differently. Nonetheless, I'm a little disappointed- I was sort of hoping she'd be voicing a young Princess Leia. But I'm also curious, since I don't think I've ever really seen Gellar play a villain before (unless you count those Buffy episodes where Faith or the First took on Buffy's appearance).
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars Rebels casting update.

Let's see if I got the damn link right this time.

https://comicbook.com/2015/10/02/sarah- ... rs-rebels/

If it still doesn't work for some reason, here's an alternative:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/s ... #twpVABqba
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So I'm curious if her being the "Seventh Sister" refers to the number of Inquisitors (or at least her place among them) or if that refers to something else.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

RogueIce wrote:So I'm curious if her being the "Seventh Sister" refers to the number of Inquisitors (or at least her place among them) or if that refers to something else.
I'm guessing she is or at least was a Nightsister.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Adamskywalker007 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:So I'm curious if her being the "Seventh Sister" refers to the number of Inquisitors (or at least her place among them) or if that refers to something else.
I'm guessing she is or at least was a Nightsister.
Are nightsisters still a thing considering The Courtship of Princess Leia is now legends?
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

As I recall, they were in The Clone Wars, which I believe is still canon.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

The Romulan Republic wrote:As I recall, they were in The Clone Wars, which I believe is still canon.
The reason I said that was that she looks like their new appearance from Clone Wars. In the original they were dark side humans, the new version of the Nightsisters appear to be near-humans. Assajj Ventress is now one of them as well with the new continuity and she is clearly not a normal human.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

From what Iv'e heard, the Nightsisters were basically Half-Zabrak. In the same sense as "Half-Elf" or "Half Orc", I suppose.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Dammit, mistook the Edit and Quote buttons...
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers