Luke and Leia's midichlorian count

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Re: Luke and Leia's midichlorian count

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

The Romulan Republic wrote:That, and Padme has some pretty impressive combat abilities for a young politician with, so far as I know, no military or law enforcement training. Unless its standard for Naboo to train its politicians in combat (which seems unlikely) or Padme went out of her way to learn that stuff in between running a planet/being a senator, that suggests an inherent talent beyond what most people possess.
IIRC Padme and her handmaidens were trained in combat by Captain Panaka.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

General Schatten wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:That, and Padme has some pretty impressive combat abilities for a young politician with, so far as I know, no military or law enforcement training. Unless its standard for Naboo to train its politicians in combat (which seems unlikely) or Padme went out of her way to learn that stuff in between running a planet/being a senator, that suggests an inherent talent beyond what most people possess.
IIRC Padme and her handmaidens were trained in combat by Captain Panaka.
IIRC that was never said in canon material just legendaries, however I dout that said training was all that extensive, probably equilevant to basic training for soldiers plus little additional training for urban conflicts cause those would be most likely scenario where the queen and/or handmaidens would end in combat.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

She had blasters in her throne, it's pretty obvious she was trained in combat tactics.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

Padme did have the intuition that Count Dooku was involved in her assassination, an insight that exceeded Yoda and Mace Windu. She might have had some latent Force potential, but in the era where Jedi were common and training was supposed to begin in infancy, there was little reason to try and recruit her even if they recognized her potential. She wouldn't have been as exceptional as Anakin or Dooku.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Or she could just have been politically savvy. Not impossible for an elected queen turned senator.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Purple wrote:Or she could just have been politically savvy. Not impossible for an elected queen turned senator.
Yeah. It would be like modern victim of drone attack said 'it was NATO'. Guessing that doesn't exactly need precognition powers, hell, how it would even work? She'd sense him through all that dark side cloak?
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

Purple wrote:Or she could just have been politically savvy. Not impossible for an elected queen turned senator.
Dooku being responsible didn't make sense at the time. Everyone thought that he was a political idealist who still had Jedi morals, and the Separatist cause wouldn't have been served by assassinating the senator trying to stop the creation of a Republic military.

The only motivation for the assassination was Gunray's personal grudge.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Eframepilot wrote:
Dooku being responsible didn't make sense at the time. Everyone thought that he was a political idealist who still had Jedi morals, and the Separatist cause wouldn't have been served by assassinating the senator trying to stop the creation of a Republic military.

The only motivation for the assassination was Gunray's personal grudge.

No, everyone thought that because Dooku successfully snow-jobbed them, combined with what amounts to professional arrogance. The Jedi did not want to admit one of their own was a bad person. Just like cops never want to admit one of their own is a bad person.

Padme, being a savvy politician, can smell a snow-job from a mile away, and does not have a reason to engage in massive self-deception.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est