Replica Ship Question

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Tychu
Jedi Master

Replica Ship Question

Post by Tychu »

I have over 300 3 3/4" figures happily sitting (standing) in a glass cabinet. I want to get into scaled ship collecting. Is there any company out there that is as hell bent on releasing every major or minor ship like Hasbro is? How are the details with companies? Hanks in advance
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
sgt67
Redshirt

Re: Replica Ship Question

Post by sgt67 »

Since you have a large collection of the Hasbro figures I assume you want preassembled ships, right? You're out of luck there if you want everything to be scaled. If you are willing to build models, Fine Molds has a collection of most of the movie fighters in 1/72 and a few in 1/48. The quality is far better than any toy I can think of.
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

I assumed my best bet was in models. I have no qualms about models, thanks for the help. I got season 5+6 of the Clone Wars, saw the Mandalorian troop carriers and thought "I want that"
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
sgt67
Redshirt

Post by sgt67 »

...and it appears I've been out of the modeling loop for a while. Fine Molds actually lost the Star Wars license. You can still find the old kits here and there but the price has gone up appreciably as supply dwindles. Bandai has the current license, and reviews of their new 1/72 X-Wing and Vader's TIE are very good. Bandai seems to have pretty rapid turnaround on new kits, so hopefully the options will be quite diverse in a year or two.