Question about possiblity of future movies.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Ssi-ruuk21
Redshirt

Question about possiblity of future movies.

Post by Ssi-ruuk21 »

Does anyone think that Lucas or whomever he passes the franchise on to will make a series out of the Expanded Universe? The New Jedi Order series or the Thrawn Trilogy would make great movies.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Re: Question about possiblity of future movies.

Post by CDiehl »

Does anyone think that Lucas or whomever he passes the franchise on to will make a series out of the Expanded Universe?
No. I don't think Lucas has any intention of making more Star Wars movies. If he were to change his mind, he'll make up something of his own. If, after he dies, someone else makes more Star Wars movies, they won't be based on the books.
The New Jedi Order series or the Thrawn Trilogy would make great movies.
Be that as it may, I doubt anyone wants to deal with the massive headache of fanboys complaining if any detail of those books is changed for a movie, which is going to happen. They'll want a movie that's totally theirs, with which they can do as they please. Also, no royalties to share with the author.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Re: Question about possiblity of future movies.

Post by Coyote »

So far (thank the Force/God/FSM/whatever) Lucas has not felt obliged to follow the EU books. We can see how the Clone Wars animated series uses Traviss's books as toilet paper. So if he uses the EU books for anything, it'll be to mine a few gems of useful coolness while discarding the rest.

And there'd be much rejoicing.

Any future movies will have to be to his heirs, either biological or ideological. A lot depends on what he does with the various copyrights and trademarks before his death; will he make them public, or pass them on, or just die without word of what to do with the legacy (which means nothing "official" will be made for years until the copyrights are freed up). But I think Lucas himself is done with any more movies.

At most we might see the much-talked-about live action TV series, but so far that remains 100% speculation; there may be a speculative draft of a plot outline for that but nothing else, and that's if we all cross our fingers and hope really hard.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!