the jedi order the original and the way it should be now

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sith God
Village Idiot

the jedi order the original and the way it should be now

Post by Sith God »

we see in ep2 more about the jedi, how they were structured and how they were all dedicated to the order, no if yoda and ben trained luke and they did why would it be changed in the eu. The jedi hold the deepest commitment to the force it comes first no love and no getting married. I think the eu writers have it wrong. The jedi like a devoted religious man or woman would not need a mate only the force or their religion. To get mairried would open the door to the dark side and lead to the fall of this backwards order the eu has created.

please reply
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Re: the jedi order the original and the way it should be now

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Sith God wrote:we see in ep2 more about the jedi, how they were structured and how they were all dedicated to the order, no if yoda and ben trained luke and they did why would it be changed in the eu. The jedi hold the deepest commitment to the force it comes first no love and no getting married. I think the eu writers have it wrong. The jedi like a devoted religious man or woman would not need a mate only the force or their religion. To get mairried would open the door to the dark side and lead to the fall of this backwards order the eu has created.

please reply
You forget that over the years the order has standardized such things and they might not really be nothin more than playing it really safe, kinda like the "no relations between coworkers" that some companies employ, because of the _potential_ risk.

And all that info about the old order was forgotten anyway and they have to start over, but the ned Jedi seem to be of strong character and can handle their greater freedom better than the overly standardized and bureocratic old jedi order.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Sith God
Village Idiot

jedi order

Post by Sith God »

so what happens to the records the jedi temple on coruscant i suppose the emperor destroyed it all. I find it hard to believe that yoda did not instruct luke in any way regarding how the jedi order should operate or is it common knowledge throughout the galaxy of how the jedi order once worked. There is nothing wrong with the order as it is in ep1 and 2 the only problem seems to be that it destroyes the eu writers vision if luke were to keep it the way of the movies and why shouldnt he thats how the jedi are
His Divine Shadow

Re: jedi order

Sith God wrote:so what happens to the records the jedi temple on coruscant i suppose the emperor destroyed it all. I find it hard to believe that yoda did not instruct luke in any way regarding how the jedi order should operate or is it common knowledge throughout the galaxy of how the jedi order once worked. There is nothing wrong with the order as it is in ep1 and 2 the only problem seems to be that it destroyes the eu writers vision if luke were to keep it the way of the movies and why shouldnt he thats how the jedi are
Yoda just gave him the basics in the force, mostly combat related and such, what he needed to defeat Vader and the Emperor.
Yoda also might have felt that the new jedi order should trust it's feelings more instead of just following ancient rules.

I get the impression that the old order is too set in it's ways, the new jedi order I guess Yoda didn't want to suffer the same fate.
Sith God
Village Idiot

jedi

Post by Sith God »

oh come on, i take it your a eu fan big time you guys have an explaination for everything that is lame lame lame
His Divine Shadow

Re: jedi

Sith God wrote:oh come on, i take it your a eu fan big time you guys have an explaination for everything that is lame lame lame
Just shut the fuck up you lamer troll.
Sith God
Village Idiot

jedi

Post by Sith God »

you just keep on reading those lame books and cry yourself to sleep at night because lucas is making only one more movie and may just prove all your eu crap wrong its ok i will send you a tissue
BlueExcalibur
Redshirt

Post by BlueExcalibur »

I agree, shut up. The Jedi order was to sure of itself, and very stagnent in Ep1 and Ep2. That's not a good thing.
"I have all the answers, but I never said they were right."
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf
Sith God
Village Idiot

Post by Sith God »

so it would be ok for the jedi to get married then in lukes established order
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Please don't feed the troll fokes just moove along

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

I personally believe the Old Republic's Jedi Council is the best way of the Jedi that there was. It kept most of the Jedi in line. I believe only twenty or so ever turned to the Dark Side during this time, which the Council called "The Misguided Twenty." (I believe)

Now look at the New Jedi Order, or slightly before that time. We see early in the Jedi Academy era Kueller becoming a Dark Jedi in The New Rebellion. We see Kyp Duron turning to the Dark Side (he was although influenced by Exar Kun) I'm just trying to point out that in the short time Luke's era had quite a few Jedi turned Sith while in the 4,000 year history since the Sith Wars the Jedi Council only had a few turn, quite impressive.

The governing body of the Jedi always had very respectable members on it's Council and therefore led the Jedi very well. The mistake it did make was allowing Anakin Skywalker to be trained. (I'm still amazed by this mistake because of Master Yoda's leadership) Personally I believe the Council pressured Master Yoda into accepting the training of Anakin. I believe Master Yoda was outnumbered in voice on the Council thus he allowed the Council majority to take precedent.

In conclusion however, I would say the Jedi Council was well respected in the Old Republic for good reason. In my mind Master Luke Skywalker should have established a Jedi Council as well. His philosophy seems to differ though. No control in his mind seems to be good after a while, especially when he renounces his leadership of the Jedi, which in my mind was a terrible mistake. The Jedi need leadership, not just agendas to be chosen on their own.
Boycott France
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I agree with Karrde to an extent. I think that the Jedi Council as it is in the OR is a far better method for training and controlling large groups of Jedi (ie. thousands, tens of thousands, PERHAPS even hundreds of thousands). I also feel, however, that for a more limited number of Jedi (like the ones available to Luke Skywalker), Luke's method is better. Also note that none of the Jedi who turned to the Dark Side turned because they were married or had children that needed watching over, etc. All of them turned for purely selfish reasons. In fact, in the EU, one Jedi even remained true to the Light Side because he was in love (Kyle Katarn).

BTW, it is the "Lost Twenty."
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Master of Ossus wrote:
BTW, it is the "Lost Twenty."
Ah thank you, I knew it was something to that extent.

I still believe that Master Skywalker should have established a Jedi Council. The rogue actions of the Jedi during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion could in certain ways hinder their chances of defeating them. For instance, when one of the Jedi takes off in search of a Death Star, something is wrong. The Jedi were ruled for almost 4,000 years by a Jedi Council, why change it?
Boycott France
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I thought Sith God was run out of town a long time ago.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Mr. B wrote:I thought Sith God was run out of town a long time ago.
I wouldn't know, considering I joined a week ago :D
Boycott France
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

If yall want to talk about this repost the topic, and let SG rest in pain.