Split from ROTS Revelations

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Connor said:
You'll also note the ICS entry does not even list the mass drivers at all. So the datafile listing is hardly all-inclusive. (Likewise for the Acclamator, its datafile does not include the SPHA-T beam cannons mounted ventrally on the ship.)
Minor nitpick: I think you mean Venator, not Acclamator.
Yeah, I meant the Venator, not the Acclamator. Thanks for spotting that for me. :oops:
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

You're welcome.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Can I please point out again the ICS' reference to non-Jango clone pilots.

And again - it would be a reasonable assumption that new clone stock is also in use for ground forces.
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

It's a Movie Revelations page, though, so stuff that's revealed in the ICS won't be going into the page even though it's true.

If there were other clones I sure wish they showed them more clearly.
It won't be hard to establish (for the audience) that they're clones even if they're non-Jango clones: just show a whole bunch of identical-faced guys.

Btw, this thread has gone waaaay off course several times.
Mike's gonna have a real ball sifting through it. I hope he wasn't expecting a well-organized list of relevant points with no sidetracking :)
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

McC wrote:
Grandmaster Jogurt wrote:I watched the movie again, and the "non-Jango clone" was shown right before Obi-Wan takes off for the Utapau system, not right before Order 66 as I had thought.

The clone appears to be blonde and has paler skin than Jango Fett, as well as different facial structure.

However, I'm rescinding this as a proposal for the revelations page, since it is disputed. Even after a second viewing I cannot be positive it was not a trick of the light, and lack of confirmation from others leads me to suspect I am seeing things.
I move that it be re-added. I saw this clone as well. There's definitely someone standing there with yellow-painted armor that does not look like Jango.
One of the clones looked like Bodie Taylor, the actor who played the younger version of Jango but otherwise I don't think there were any non Jango clones in that shot. Another possibility is that some of the clone faces were digital blendings of the faces of Morrison and Taylor, which ILM had said they were planning to include some of the shots. The clone on the far right of the group, in particular looked like a blended face to me.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

And we finally know for sure that Palpatine is Darth Sidious. This ends years of idiotic fanboy speculation that Palpatine was a good guy and that his evil clone or something took over.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

this might have already said, but we get good view on how big a Juggernaugt (AKA Tuorbotank) is (when Yoda is leaving you can see a clonetrooper next to a wheel of Juggernaugt and he's not even to the lower edge of the hubcap)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

Illuminatus Primus wrote:
Durandal wrote:Did anyone else happen to see the cannons on the Venator Star Destroyer ejecting shell after firing a round, or was that just me?
It was the Invisible Hand. Those cannons are identified as proton torpedo tubes on the ROTS ICS; those ejected shells must be the "firing cylinders" for the torpedo identified in the SW ICS in reference to the X-Wing's torpedoes.
That is cool and dandy had they not been clearly firing beam weapons...
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

ali-sama wrote:
Illuminatus Primus wrote:
Durandal wrote:Did anyone else happen to see the cannons on the Venator Star Destroyer ejecting shell after firing a round, or was that just me?
It was the Invisible Hand. Those cannons are identified as proton torpedo tubes on the ROTS ICS; those ejected shells must be the "firing cylinders" for the torpedo identified in the SW ICS in reference to the X-Wing's torpedoes.
They weren't beam weapons.
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

The Original Nex wrote:
ali-sama wrote:
Illuminatus Primus wrote: It was the Invisible Hand. Those cannons are identified as proton torpedo tubes on the ROTS ICS; those ejected shells must be the "firing cylinders" for the torpedo identified in the SW ICS in reference to the X-Wing's torpedoes.
They weren't beam weapons.
they fired beams... watch movie..
they are manned guns not tubes..
i'll look for screencaps.
ali
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

ali-sama wrote:they fired beams... watch movie..
ali
I just rewatched the video game footage showing those weapons. They fire red bolts.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

ali-sama wrote: they fired beams... watch movie..
ali
Watch TPM, ANH and RotJ. Projectiles, be they torps/missiles or some otehr non-beam weapon, LOOK a hell of a lot like beam weapons when fired. The Mass Drivers seen on Invisible Hand launch some sort of projectile. Whether these are the Proton Torpedo Tubes or not is still in discussion, but they are not Turbolasers.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

My biggest question is why Anakin wasn't anesthesized during the operation? Was it necessary to keep him conscious? (and feel the pain?)
The Sith probably don't believe in anesthetics.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

The Original Nex wrote:
ali
Watch TPM, ANH and RotJ. Projectiles, be they torps/missiles or some otehr non-beam weapon, LOOK a hell of a lot like beam weapons when fired. The Mass Drivers seen on Invisible Hand launch some sort of projectile. Whether these are the Proton Torpedo Tubes or not is still in discussion, but they are not Turbolasers.
the internally-mounted Venator "laser" cannons also launch projectiles that look like "bolts", yet clearly arc in non-linear trajectories.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Connor MacLeod wrote:
The Original Nex wrote:
ali
the internally-mounted Venator "laser" cannons also launch projectiles that look like "bolts", yet clearly arc in non-linear trajectories.
I was wondering if the "arc" would be the colored tracer being affected by gravity? We know that the tracers are succeptible to directional changes due to gravitic forces even though the actual destructive bolt is not. (This phenomena is also seemingly observed in RotJ where we see many "tracers" not line up with the destructive fireball)

Is this a possible explanation? Or am I way off base?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

The Original Nex wrote:
My biggest question is why Anakin wasn't anesthesized during the operation? Was it necessary to keep him conscious? (and feel the pain?)
Maybe he just had local anaesthetics
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

2000AD wrote:
The Original Nex wrote:
Maybe he just had local anaesthetics
when you're connecting artificial limbs and the like, you would need the patient to be conscious and have a proper sense of touch in order to make sure everything is hooked up right! of course, being a cruel bastard, Palpatine probably made sure this was the most painful version of this procedure possible.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

2000AD wrote:Maybe he just had local anaesthetics
But he was screaming in pain during a scene of the surgery (followed by the scene showing Amidala was screaming as well).

Doesn't lack of anesthetics endanger the patient during surgery? (shock from the pain, etc). Granted Anakin is strong in the Force, but why exposing Anakin to pain when they can sedate him instead? (at least locally) Isn't anesthetics something taken for granted during any surgery? Why skipping that part?

EDIT: missed this post
Darwin wrote:when you're connecting artificial limbs and the like, you would need the patient to be conscious and have a proper sense of touch in order to make sure everything is hooked up right!
I see. So it was just his bad luck that he also happened to have burn wounds during the prothestic attachment?

But since the artificial limbs were attached to open wounds, wouldn't some degree of anesthetics needed for that purpose? I don't think getting the patient screaming in pain is a proper medical procedure in Star Wars universe either.
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

The Original Nex wrote:
ali
mass drivers? what mass drivers?
oh wow.
looks exactly like

yeah. must be a ptorp.
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

That blue bolt is a TURBOLASER from a Venator, NOT from the Invisible Hand

Where did I say it was a proton torp? Show me. I simply said it is NOT a turbolaser.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

That blue shot in the first screenshot is from the Venator, not the Invisible Hand.
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

The Original Nex wrote:That blue bolt is a TURBOLASER from a Venator, NOT from the Invisible Hand

Where did I say it was a proton torp? Show me. I simply said it is NOT a turbolaser.
look up.

here are some caps from the trailer.

http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/firing.jpg
http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/bolt.jpg
http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/bolt2.jpg
http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/bolt3.jpg
http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/bolt4.jpg
http://perfect-limit.com/art/wars/bolt5.jpg
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Which proves what exactly?

Care to explain the large ammunition belts stringing out from each of those guns? As well as the expelled "shell casings" after each shot is fired?
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

The Original Nex wrote:Which proves what exactly?

Care to explain the large ammunition belts stringing out from each of those guns? As well as the expelled "shell casings" after each shot is fired?
portable/ disposable mini chambers.
each bold shot uses up all the fuel which is then disposed of.
they are clearly not ptorps.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

The Silence and I wrote: General Grevious's cough--he can survive vacuum without difficulty, has no apparent lungs I saw inside his chest cavity and does not appear to expell air while speaking; why does he cough?
He has lungs, when Obi-Wan opens the frontal chestplates in Utapau, we can see his lungs shriveled behind the heart.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking