Clone Wars Season II Thread...

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Really...?

Hmmm, i thought someon esaid he was the 'head' of the council in on eof the books, but i may be mistaken :?
Kanye West Saves.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I consulted the official site's Databank before posting, so it's correct.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Am I the only one who noticed that Yoda wears a dark robe just like in DW's avatar?:)

justifier
Rabid Monkey

Post by justifier »

So?
That is the kind of robe he wore during the Clone Wars.
KILL BILL and The Punisher coming APRIL 16!
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote: Tar-whatfuckingever really needs to just stop. I know that "more is better," but he far too often exceeds the limit and just puts droids/lasers/ships/troops/bombs over every square inch of space, and it just all looks rediculous.
It beats the minimalist bullshit we get from DHC
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I've missed half the season 2 chapters so far. Is CN going to show them again, or are there plans to relase them on DVD?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I don't know about a rebroadcast, but I think Lucasfilm will be releasing it on DVD eventually.

You can see all of Season 1 and up to the current episodes of Season 2 on Cartoon Network's website, though. That's how I was able to catch up, since I don't care to watch them on TV.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Watching clone wars on TV can be a bit annoying since they only show 5 minute episodes each day.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

justifier wrote:So?
That is the kind of robe he wore during the Clone Wars.
That avatar was altered by Mike. It's not that color in the film, that's all.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Which means one of us is Gennedy Tartkovsky (or however the hell you spell that guys name. I just know he kicks ass). I see they're having the final episode Thursday though. Is it going to be like thirty minutes?

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Why would it be? It'll be Ch 20 by Thursday.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Robotech is dead. Long live Macross.

I agree, it would have been better as an anime series, and with the same episode count but with them at ~10-15 minutes apiece rather than just five.

For me, the episodes are already over by the time they just get started, and near-silent movie-ish Samurai Jack nature of the presentation doesn't jive with me at all: it doesn't feel much like Star Wars.
Most animes I've seen don't feel much like Star Wars, either. However, as a purely stylistic choice for the animation, I would have much preferred them to do the animation in a Macross Plus style (minus the stupidly long noses).
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Cej4096
Youngling

Post by Cej4096 »

Cal Wright wrote:I see they're having the final episode Thursday though. Is it going to be like thirty minutes?
No, but it will be double-length.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I don't know about a rebroadcast, but I think Lucasfilm will be releasing it on DVD eventually.

You can see all of Season 1 and up to the current episodes of Season 2 on Cartoon Network's website, though. That's how I was able to catch up, since I don't care to watch them on TV.
Apparently only if you live in the US? Stupid Quicktime told me that I can't view it because it is available to users in America only. *mutter*

Watching it on tv for 5 minutes a day is annoying as heck. I missed one cos my clock was wrong...
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

ok, so real1 player works :D yay
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

Friday 8 o'clock all the episodes are being re-aired from season 2 consecutively

out like a lamb
strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
I deliver the prize but I still narrow my eyes
Cuz my time I don't like to waste.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Just watched 19... whoa... good stuff!
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Is it me, or did that albino bald chicky get assraped by Anakin? :?

I thought she was supposed to be the great 'champion' Dooku chose to take out Anakin, and here she is getting her ass handed to her in three seconds...what the hell kind of anticlimactic shit is that!?
Kanye West Saves.

Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Is it me, or did that albino bald chicky get assraped by Anakin? :?

I thought she was supposed to be the great 'champion' Dooku chose to take out Anakin, and here she is getting her ass handed to her in three seconds...what the hell kind of anticlimactic shit is that!?
She held on for quite a long time. I say she did pretty well against the future Darth Vader.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Is it me, or did that albino bald chicky get assraped by Anakin? :?

She was meant to get assraped. Anakin's the Chosen One, no mere wannabe Sith (not even a true Sith) can stand against him for long. And the fight lasted two episodes, remember, not just one.

Ch 19 kicked major arse. The Duel of the Fates type theme when Anakin dropped/lost his sabre (luckily it didn't get destroyed, for once) and he grabbed her arms was cool. It's likely that having your wrist gripped by that golden forearm would be damn painful- hence her dropping of the sabre in that arm.

The "Sith have no fear" comment of Dooku's was a nice touch, now that I think back to that episode- Ventress wet herself at the end.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Oh for fuck's sake:

Linl
Anakin followed Asajj through hyperspace to the ancient Sith temples of Yavin 4. Anakin continued his pursuit on foot, aided by clone troopers. Using the Force, Asajj whittled away the clone trooper guards, and then began a stunning lightsaber duel with Anakin. So skilled was she, Asajj even proved to be a challenge to the fabled Chosen One of Jedi legend. To defeat her, Anakin needed the edge granted by giving into anger. In a furious counter-attack, young Skywalker repulsed Ventress, who nevertheless survived.
Can we please have some resolution for some of these episodes? Durge lives, Asajj Ventress lives, does anything of consequence happen, or what?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Vympel wrote:Oh for fuck's sake:

Link
Anakin followed Asajj through hyperspace to the ancient Sith temples of Yavin 4. Anakin continued his pursuit on foot, aided by clone troopers. Using the Force, Asajj whittled away the clone trooper guards, and then began a stunning lightsaber duel with Anakin. So skilled was she, Asajj even proved to be a challenge to the fabled Chosen One of Jedi legend. To defeat her, Anakin needed the edge granted by giving into anger. In a furious counter-attack, young Skywalker repulsed Ventress, who nevertheless survived.
Can we please have some resolution for some of these episodes? Durge lives, Asajj Ventress lives, does anything of consequence happen, or what?
Sadly I can see Dark Horse resolving some if not most of these things.

Sadly in that some of their Republic/Clone Wars material of late has not been spectacular.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Who wants to see Ventress die in a damn comic? Arghghghghgh. :evil:
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Vympel wrote:Oh for fuck's sake:

Linl
That would ruin the Clone Wars marketing blitz they must be planning now that the NJO is finished.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

If Asajj is supposed to be weak, why did they even bother sending her? Why not send Grevious, or Dooku or something if they want to take out Anakin?
Kanye West Saves.