mp3 player

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

mp3 player

Post by Col. Crackpot »

what are do use for an mp3 player? i'm downloading winamp 5.03, but i had bad luck with the previous version (2.x was great however)
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Winamp 2.81, or winamp 3.0 usually. occasionally will use QCD player.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Winamp 5.03 Usually, Media Player Classic Occasionally.
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

Winamp 5.03: the use of system resources is much more reasonable than MusicMatch was.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

beyond hope wrote:Winamp 5.03: the use of system resources is much more reasonable than MusicMatch was.
thats exactly what i wanted to know. music match 8.2 vs winamp 5.03.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

I've begun to use winamp almost exclusively for mp3s, WinAmp 5 for video.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

To give you an idea, I'm currently at about 50% system resources free. If I start WinAmp it drops to 45%, while with MusicMatch it drops to 36%. I've had a couple problems with MusicMatch: often it crashes with an illegal operation the first time I try to start it, and if I try using it with "watchfolders" enabled it just dies completely. The one thing I'll say in favor of it is that it does a better job of volume leveling than WinAmp does.

Basically, if I wasn't too lazy to learn how to use EAC to burn CDs, I'd already have uninstalled it.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Winamp, I would use Itunes if it did't insist on installing and running an extra service.

I really hate that type of shit.

I run mp3 player approx 5% of the computer time then I dont want a service connected only to that ap running 100% of the time.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

iTunes 4.6
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Winamp, Windows Media Player and Quicktime. Usually WMP (it takes the least effort, I just click the play all button, and it sounds exactly the same). I only use QT if that's all it will run in for some reason, or if I want to edit it.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

WinAMP 2.91 for MP3 files; 5.03 is kind of buggy on my system (mostly centered around international font support; you probably won't have to deal with that). However, I use MPC for the occasional RA/AU/MOV audio, and Zoom Player for any video.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Winamp 5.x pro.

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!