STGOD 4 OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Straha
Lord of the Spam

STGOD 4 OOC Thread

Post by Straha »

Right, tried this some time ago and was thinking of trying this again.

How about returning to the first STGOD that we had here starting 100 years after we left off after a long extended war?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

After a nice long break from STGOD's of all forms I'm fairly intrested. However I and I suspect a great many other people would want new powers. So what I suggest is that those who want there old ones are assumed to have absorbed the territory of all the other powers whose players are inactive. In turn we could assume that either the greater concentration of resources or simply the elapsed time as made faster longer ranged FTL possibul. This has led to the discovery of other powers (for new players and old players under new flags). These new powers could be dispersed, or if we want to make things really interesting some or all could all be clustered and possibly be sharing another planet they orginnated from. That could if open up interesting Cold War-ish possibilities, Or not depending on how things play out. Basically its like folding two STOGD's together.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

I'd like to do that, wondering though(would sort of fit how I plan to take Monacora,) who'd get your old power if Stormbringer came into the game too?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Given that I abandon my power about half way through the game I don't its even my choice to make, Stormbringer absorbed it into its holdings and I don't know what his status was at the end of the game. For dividing up the spoils we'd need to figure out who was taking up there old power (a small number I suspect) and then give them all whatever seems right. New powers could then be scaled to match those.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

seeing as the DE was destroyed, I have been playing with the idea of a magic-based society. Think "Netherese On Crack"
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Ground forces would consist of "Combat mages" and "spellswords"(They have heavily enchanted blades that also serve as the focus for their spells)

Navy would consist of combat mages and spelljammer ships
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I think this would be a fun idea, so if it gets off the ground, i'm in.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

As the other STGOD seems to be somewhat dead, I'd be in the new(old?) one.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Right, so right now we have five, if stormy saw this I think we'd have six, and since this is open to anyone we can count on more.

Shall we set a technology level, starting size, and ground rules now?

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

I am thinking DS9 era tech level

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I am thinking DS9 era tech level
A return to where we were before?

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Straha wrote:
Yep

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
Straha wrote:
Yep
Right, how's this, 50 years after the end of a fity year war the fighting nations (Everyone except Monacora, NAU, and the unallied nations) has rebuilt, while the others have helped in the way. Everyone has an average of 8 planets, and 400-1000 ships, and one unique nation/race thingy with the older nations being able to retain their old things. (I.E. Floaters and there space living, Monacora and the superior army, the DE (if it still exists) and the superior scientific skills, Raxmei's guys and their religious portal magic, etc.)

Or are there problems?

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

The DE homeworld was wiped out in the war, and that system contained all their major inhabitants.. they no longer exists.

I will be using an Empire known as the League of Arcanist Enclaves. naturally we will be several hundred orders of magnitude more powerful than the netherese.

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

And, I should of added this before, prehaps all powers that use this advantage should also have a major disadvantage. (I.e. Monacora's abysmal navy, floaters reliance on M/AM drives, etc.)

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

We dont use tech. Everything we do, from our weapons to our day to day lives, runs on magic.

Our ships are designed like Galleons.. sure their cannons are railguns powered by rods of uberchainlightning... but still...

Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Would it be to much trouble to join this STGOD?
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Nope, all people are welcome, no one will be denied (some exceptions to this rule exist)

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

though, because we dont use tech, we reserve exclusive magic-rights.

Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:though, because we dont use tech, we reserve exclusive magic-rights.
Bah, you can have your magic and shove it. :P
Gauss cannons are for me. :twisted:
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

good luck getting throught the prismatic hull plating

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Straha wrote:And, I should of added this before, prehaps all powers that use this advantage should also have a major disadvantage. (I.e. Monacora's abysmal navy, floaters reliance on M/AM drives, etc.)
There would be too much trouble keeping such a system balanced
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:good luck getting throught the prismatic hull plating
Good luck having those silly fireballs getting through my neutronium-reinforced Symantech Corporation Business class armor plate. :twisted:
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Straha wrote:And, I should of added this before, prehaps all powers that use this advantage should also have a major disadvantage. (I.e. Monacora's abysmal navy, floaters reliance on M/AM drives, etc.)
There would be too much trouble keeping such a system balanced
True. Tommorow I'll hash out more, unless you'd like to take over from here?

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:though, because we dont use tech, we reserve exclusive magic-rights.
How about no? Maybe if when we have more then about five players people want to agree to that then fine, but no one should be claming anything exclusively at this stage. Thats the kind of shit which kills a game before it has a chance.