Half-life 2 Bink Video: Barricades

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Half-life 2 Bink Video: Barricades

Post by Companion Cube »

This is the newest bink video available for download, and you can probably find it by searching around. It shows your AI-controlled allies in action with you. At the moment, i've only been able to find it on fileplanet.

Side note: Should I have posted this in another half-life video thread which is on the second page now, or was I right in making a new topic?
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Half-life 2 Bink Video: Barricades

Post by Alyeska »

3rd Impact wrote:This is the newest bink video available for download, and you can probably find it by searching around. It shows your AI-controlled allies in action with you. At the moment, i've only been able to find it on fileplanet.

Side note: Should I have posted this in another half-life video thread which is on the second page now, or was I right in making a new topic?
This was already brought up in another HL2 thread. You can find all the movies on Steam as well.

Anyway this movie kicks ass. You see team Ai in action. They take cover, then rise to fire and then duck again. They carefuly move through rooms looking for enemies, they get ready to move into other rooms. Barney freaking rocks.

BTW, I've seen this vid more then a month ago. HOWEVER, its nice to see it with ingame graphics rather then a Quick Time camcorder video of it.

I am wondering about the weapons being used. It is very obvious that the allies are using MP5Ks. Yet Gordon is using what looks to be an MP7 and the ammunition looked to be compatible with the MP5K. I eagerly await the game itself for further confirmation.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Oh well. I'm just going to say that the Source engine is fucking awesome. Apparently it runs a little slowly on their recording system, but they're running a recording prog and have all the details turned on, so it's not a big deal.

The new gravity gun is also amazing in the way it's executed. It gives you more control over objects than Force Choke did in JK2. And another amazing thing about the Source engine is how bullets can actually shoot through objects, not just destroy them; don't expect a mattress to serve as a real barrier for long...

I'm betting that with Valve's commitment to mod makers, it'll be easier than ever to make that long-planned STvSW mod (which fizzled out mainly because of the lack of tools for Raven Software's games...)
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF