[HH-STGOD] Discussion thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

[HH-STGOD] Discussion thread

Post by Stormbringer »

This is for out of context discussion and as a place to dicuss game issues.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain, since you decided to attack another power not being roleplayed I guess I'll fill in for them.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

How big is your attack force ThirdFan? Can it all translate through? I don't think those CA will be able to go through only 15 minutes later.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

My attack force consists of 3 fleets- 1 with 32 SDs and 40 BCs, plus a destroyer/CL screen, and the second, with 16 DNs and 40 BCs, and another destroyer /CL screen. These two fleets are going through the wormhole directly, starting with 2 squadrons of BCs, followed up immediatly by the SD force.

I have a 3rd fleet, which consists of 16 raider BCs, 40 raider DDs, and 60 heavy cruisers, which will not be arriving via the wormholes.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

32 ~8 million ton SDs is 256 million tons. That won't even fit into the Maticoran Terminus, and would shut it down for 17 hours A single Manticoran SD shuts it down for 113 seconds.
Bender and God, Futurama
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain, please keep in mind the limitations of wormhole. It appears you're making an assualt through one of the lesse wormholes but even the Junction can't handle that.

There's a reason strategists tend to avoid wormhole assualts.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

No shit. how did the Peeps make that assault on the basilisk node, then? they sent in a few hundred BBs....

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Thirdfain wrote:No shit. how did the Peeps make that assault on the basilisk node, then? they sent in a few hundred BBs....

First, they most certainly did not send several hundread Battleships. Pre-war they only had 374.

And they DIDN'T USE THE JUNCTION!
Bender and God, Futurama
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:No shit. how did the Peeps make that assault on the basilisk node, then? they sent in a few hundred BBs....
Huh? I presume you mean the attack on Basalisk by the Peeps during Operation Icarus. The Peeps brought their ships in by hyperspace, they never made a wormhole assualt.

White Haven did bring his forces through the Junction. And if you'll note a big deal was made of the limitations of Junction. He had to send his ships through piecemeal to avoid causing so much turbulence it closed it.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

GAT, The Dark, Kyle:

Can you guys work out your orders of battle some time soon?
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Pardon me, I read the HH books a good long while ago. I clearly remember the peeps attacking basilisk through the Trevor's Star wormhole, with their BBs. I don't know why I think this, because it is apparantly completely incorrect.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Stormbringer wrote:GAT, The Dark, Kyle:

Hopefully. There isn't a lot of info on SLN, so it'll all be speculation mostly.
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Thirdfain wrote:Pardon me, I read the HH books a good long while ago. I clearly remember the peeps attacking basilisk through the Trevor's Star wormhole, with their BBs. I don't know why I think this, because it is apparantly completely incorrect.

That's impossible. You can go from Trevor to Basilisk, you have to pass through Manticore first.

White Haven however, took his Eight Fleet from Trevor to Manticore to Basilisk, to fight a Peep atack.
Bender and God, Futurama
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:Pardon me, I read the HH books a good long while ago. I clearly remember the peeps attacking basilisk through the Trevor's Star wormhole, with their BBs. I don't know why I think this, because it is apparantly completely incorrect.
They didn't. They made a conventional attack on Basilisk.

It was White Haven who made the run from Trevor's Star through to Basilisk. It took a long while and as noted he had to send them through piecemeal to avoid closing the Junction due to turbulence.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:GAT, The Dark, Kyle:

Hopefully. There isn't a lot of info on SLN, so it'll all be speculation mostly.
I know. So long as you do take into account what we know then I've got no problem
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain,

Asgard sits on the next biggest wormhole junction after Manticore so I figure they'd have a fairly formidable navy. Not to mention if the two of you are attacking each other they'd expect an attack.

I'll post and OOB for them.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Oh, no- this is a sneak attack. I am commencing hostilities, sans diplomatic fanfare.

they would, of course, have a reasonably formidable navy.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Is there any Sollie info in the anthologies?
Bender and God, Futurama
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Four times the Havenite navy in the active fleet is what Weber says in one of the articles at thefifthimperium.com , with about the same in mothballs, and still more in system defense forces, but the vast majority of that is tied down covering the insane amount of territory they have, and most of their heavier units are at least a little obsolete. The mothball fleet is in bad enough shape it might be more effective to scrap it.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:Oh, no- this is a sneak attack. I am commencing hostilities, sans diplomatic fanfare.

they would, of course, have a reasonably formidable navy.
No nation would go to war for no reason at all. Thats not to say that the attack itself wouldn't be a suprise. But there wouldn't be just an eye blink from peace to war.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Is there any Sollie info in the anthologies?
Well, to judge from Service of the Sword the newer, lighter units have ECM and Stealth at least as good as pre-ghost rider manty stuff, probably a little better.

Oh, and some one (probably the Mesan faction) is pouring lots of money into R&D though not to much effect.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

No nation would go to war for no reason at all. Thats not to say that the attack itself wouldn't be a suprise. But there wouldn't be just an eye blink from peace to war.
yup. Attack is a surprise, but hostilities have been raising lately.

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

War of Honor states that the Solarian League Navy was "was probably at least fifty T-years out of date compared to the RMN."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Hold on, the Mesans have league membership? specifics please *puts plans to invade Mesa on hold*

Oh, and I apologise, but I have well and truly been kicked off of the computers at my unit, so posting on my part will be at least slightly delayed.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Thirdfain wrote:yup. Attack is a surprise, but hostilities have been raising lately.
Okay. That's what I was thinking as well.
consequences wrote:Hold on, the Mesans have league membership? specifics please *puts plans to invade Mesa on hold*
Yeah. For longer than there's been a Star Kingdom of Manticore. In "A Beautiful Friendship" it was mentioned. In fact Mesa seems to have lot of power within the frontier regions of the Solarian League. They're a major and longstanding member.
consequences wrote:Oh, and I apologise, but I have well and truly been kicked off of the computers at my unit, so posting on my part will be at least slightly delayed.
That's okay dude.