[STGOD-I][RFD] Restart Data.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[STGOD-I][RFD] Restart Data.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Now, Halite, after overruning the Vong invasion territories, launched a series of operations aimed at cutting the United Terran Republic in half. The first of these failed. The second of these, Operation Suvorov, saw a breakthrough against the Terran defenders at Skaarjin. The Sixth Imperium counterattack along the Indri front was halted after penetrating nearly halfway into former Vong held space; further advances by Atlantean forces were delayed for six months in heavy fighting with the Imperium. Overstretched, Imperium forces were defeated by Hannibal when a detachment was brought out to the defence of Terran space during the Atlantean Necroth Offensive.

Though this blow largely allowed Halite to gain the whole of the western UTR, she failed to liberate Necroth, held brutally under martial law as what was hoped would be a lure for further offensives into the defensive "fletches" now being built between her and the planet. At the advice of Hannibal, however, she instead launched Operation Alpine, the left-hook through former Imperium and Lost regions, the later being abandoned after the Zerg offensives, into less defended SKS border zones, before the SKS could fully fortify them. This was combined with a very large diversionary offensive along the main border which was repulsed with heavy casualties to Halite's forces.

As Halite's forces swept through the inner territory of the SKS, Evil Wilkins and the NRMD entered the fray, attacking Nemesis with their rested strength, flush from victory over the "False Republic". The new shielding defences here caused massive casualties to the attacking forces, however, and the Royal Navy stubbornly held the Skaarjin Line for as long as it could to give time to mobile forces fighting Halite deep in their territory, as Planetoid elements raced for Enigma, destroying defence infrastructure as they went.

It was at Enigma that Nirrti--Nefirea, Valera the Deliverer, Goddess of Destruction and Rebirth--arrived with several Vishnus and some Energy Negation Ships, supported besides two great Aryan Command Astras as well. This was the remaining strength of the two Empires, the Rama and the Aryans, who had been the first technological humans and the ones who had divided half the galaxy between them before falling to war. Lord Gurkha had been her enemy in the earlier conflicts of a storied ages, and he had returned in the form of Kynes, now protector of the sacred Earth, to fight her once more with the remaining Psi-Lords of the Two Empires, who were worshipped as Gods by the humans in later days.

In Astral Combat Nirrti defeated the thaumaturgic warriors of Halite's lead elements and annihilated the Planetoids, drawing their power down to nothing and shattering them, or blasting them open with the focused energy of several of the heaviest Astras. Vimanas swept the hordes of the enemy fighters and parasites from the sky with ease, and the combat resembled that of the legendary era. Joined by the survivors of the Sixth Imperium force and the Senshi of the Star Kingdom, Nefirea led her force, massively outnumbered, straight against Halite's lines and reversed the stalemate along the border; in seven weeks of hard fighting she pushed through to Skaarjin, leaving thousands of burned hulks of worlds in her wake. The forces at the Skaarjin Line were freed to go to the Siege of Nemesis, and Wilkins retired rather than face them, and perhaps involve himself in a war with Nefirea.

Now, Halite, knowing that the forces committed were the whole of the enemy's hopes, brought forth her reserves, and hoped to win the day in a single battle that would resolve the combat. She absorbed the populations of whole worlds for energy beforehand, and her power swelled; but Nefirea relied on the energy of the whole galaxy as her succor, attuned to it, and directed. When Nirrti and Halite fought in Astral Combat and their fleets clashed below, the battle lasted eight days, and ten thousand suns grew dim and cold from the exertions of Nirrti; fifteen thousand worlds, their populations turned to ash, grew silent at the touch of Halite's desperate mind.

When the Astral Combat had finished, there was no sign of Halite; perhaps she had escaped, or perhaps she had simply been wiped from existence by the power of the psychic energies directed against her. So Nirrti turned her attention to her fleet, which had until then had the upper hand. The forces directed against them rendered them all insensible, no matter race or strength of protection, except for a few ships with the strongest thaumaturges; these, if also bearing artificial intelligences, perhaps escaped. The rest were harvested by the weapons of the allied fleet before any recovery could be made.

Now, Kynes and his people, on seeing this destruction, were angered. Kynes appeared before Nefirea after the battle, but she dismissed him and told him to return in seven days when she'd finished the rites of mourning for the dead under her command: Especially among those whom she had raised and trained up to protect the humans in their recovery to greatness, there had been many losses, and the traditions of her two peoples were steeped in formality. For this one alone, who had freed him from possession, Kynes consented, and returned in seven days.

Then Kynes and Nefirea made the agreement upon the Lord Krishna, that the destruction had been to great this time--worse than it had in the age of the Rama and the Aryans, when the souls of the dead had fed the spirits of the living worlds that they might know their own life--so that never again should such destruction behalf upon worlds which knew their own life. The two committed to solemn oath that throughout the universes where the spirits of worlds lived, they would ban the bombardment or destruction of those planets with living spirits--that is, worlds where life had evolved naturally, and thus gifted the world with its own thinking spirit--to the point where that life was killed upon that world.

With this oath in place, Nefirea led her fleet to make war upon Evil Wilkins, who was preparing to meet her in the two galaxies he now ruled. She crossed easily between the universal barriers with her force and wrought a great destruction on his fleet, and then against the infrastructure of construction facilities, but ever did Evil Wilkins decline to fight her, building his strength constantly instead.

Now, in the meanwhile, rebuilding had begun in the galaxies ravaged by the war; and with the Boyd Collective gone, the Eldar rose to power in the Mars Pact in their own right, and Hephaestus, though without the planet of that name, still had the industry to regain profit with the general devastate. The United Terran Republic had lost much, and with the collapse of so many systems, and the loss of life on others, the communists of Fenris succeeded in gaining territory; and Necroth succeeded in revolting, aided by barbarians and remnants of Halite's fleet. Despite these thorns in their flank, however, they re-claimed much of the galaxy that had been Halite's, and with the help of the Fenari who were opposed to the ideology of their comrades, used a worldship which might rebuild worlds to habitability, to begin restoring it.

The Star Kingdom was also in severe straits, without leadership, ravaged by War, and exhausted economically. But it stood; however, with general devastation all about, it also languished, and some wondered if someone could ever lead them to their former glory. The NOFR had defeated the Zerg invasions and occupied the remnants of the AYC, but many say that Zerg still lurk among the remnants of the Boyd Collective; the Eldar send out ships to hunt these.

Now, in the galaxies of the NRMD, Nefirea was checked when a nominal ally--the Second Galactic Empire--entered on her side, taking advantage of the ravaged state of the NRMD to occupy the old New (or "False") Republic. Knowing them to be Daemon-led and allied with the Draka, she could not tolerate their designs, and, after launching a final series of strikes to cripple the NRMD, withdrew, never challenged by Evil Wilkins. Still, her massive successes have led to a popular resurgence of quasi-Hinduism in the multiverse, those thankful for being saved from Halite, and one can be accosted by militant Hare Krishnas on many planets.

The Second Galactic Empire continued in their occupation efforts, but were severely defeated by the few remaining ships with MDD weaponry. They appealed to the Draka for aide, who launched against the NRMD's home universe a series of attacks at the remaining industrial centres believed to manufacture it. The NRMD retaliated; several Draka worlds were outright destroyed with MDD weaponry, but the inability of the NRMD to continue production was believed a sign of success. The USSSR smelt weakness and attacked with the support of the Samothracians. The result of this conflict is unknown, but during the course of it, the Draka managed to collapse the anomaly leading from the USSSR's universe to the prime line of the Milky Way, and dark rumours suggest the Draka have since again been seen in the court of the Second Galactic Empire have surfaced. The cut-off Communist States of the Milky Way have tightened their allegiance with each other.

One result of the conflict and the events surrounding it have been the spread of intrauniversal drives, now relatively common. A total of eight universes are known. These include the universe in which Nirrti's home Earth is located, about which little else is known, and to which she is believed to have left for after fighting Wilkins, a series of four universes with parallel Earths and Andromedas which are colonized or controlled to some extent by the Great Powers; and the two universes of the NRMD and the "False" New Republic, about which little is known of their Milky Ways and Andromedas.

Recently, however, with the spread of intrauniversal drive--which is believed to operate on the theory of common "superclusters" of universes of comparable traits, explaining why similiar universes are linked together--these galaxies have begun to attract attention. So, to, have the galaxies equivlant to those of the NRMD and the "false" New Republic within the various universes of the Great Powers, as faster drives become available; and some even propose hunting for the Vong's home galaxy.

One of the most recent developments, however, has been the need to tie several universes together by the discovery of new ones: As one proceeds down the string through an inter-universal drive, trips become longer if one "skips" a universe; so a stopover point at a universe along the way for resupply is reasonable, as such a downstring or upstring journey, without the awesome technology of MDD or the brilliant and mysterious astral knowledge of the Rama and the Aryans, can often take weeks. So several new universes with new histories are intentionally being explored and facilities in them established to facilitate easy shipping--the SKS, despite its ravaged state, first among these, for it fears further economic loss should it lose the monopoly of the Nemesis Gate.

Four years have passed since the beginning of Halite's invasion.

Note: Essentially, the universes being integrated are those which are being charted to support "upstring/downstring" IU Drive Use. I can handle as many as have been used which are not in the STGOD history mentioned above--I think there have been two? Then we can put them both in. They should, however, have more developed histories and more advanced technology from what I understand, or else they would be seriously disadvantaged--even after the massive destruction I outlined above. Millennia, even. They'll still be on the low-end technologically, but hardly to the point where they can't compete, especially with the massive amount of war-tech laying around and for sell by everyone.

Comments?

Minor title edit - Phong
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I love not having any background in any of this :D

*new empire full of Psionicists/mages appears on the scene*

"Why is it that just when we settle down, a dimensional rift into our home plane appears that we cant close?"
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SHODAN
Padawan Learner

Post by SHODAN »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I love not having any background in any of this :D
http://www.daltonator.net/fanfics/tgod.html

Read, damnit!
In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Addenda, errata:

The Lost: Conflict with Zerg, who infiltrated non-possessed regions of the Thousand Galaxies. Successfully defeated Infiltration, now developing counter-offensive against two fully-Zerged galaxies in MainLine universe; also discovered originating universe of Zerg which has fourteen Zerged galaxies and a third universe with eight Zerged galaxies. Additional offensives developing against both with goal being containment and annihilation. Large-scale commitment of resources, but The Lost still maintain enough reserve for a presence in the Main Line and elsewhere.

French Remnants: Gaulist Cultural Preservation Society, or GCPS, which defeated the Boyd Collective with virus. Currently nominally at war with Eldar, though this only consists of skirmishes. Possess a section of former Boyd Collective territory.

IRS: Survivors of the Psychonian Empire. Have not been able to reestablish Battlestar production; rely on Battleships and smaller. Have influence in the Galactic Halo and limited influence at a few bases in the disk.

Sixth Imperium: Belived renewed conflict against prior enemy or a new enemy; no further conflict after defeat of Halite.

Minor States, Personages:

GPF: Being reorganized with old mission in mind.

Opteran Republic: Freebooters who took advantage of old RME claim to this region and 25 LY radius around it to detach it from the GPF during the chaos.

Star Republic of Somalia: Continues piratical activities in the border zone near the UTR, SKS, and Soviet Remnants.

Halite: Most wanted mass-murderer in history. Assumed to be alive and surrounded by a cadre of loyalists, hiding somewhere in the multi-verse.

Hare Krishna Militants: Want to form a pan-universalist worship based on Neo-Hindu practices, say "Hare Krishna!" a lot, regard Nefirea/Nirrti as an actual Goddess/incarnation of Vishnu as opposed to an augmented humanoid warrior of the Rama Empire. Have been cases intimidation/fights, no terrorism yet.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

I will gegin writing up the Psion Republic
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I will gegin writing up the Psion Republic
Which of the two SD-STGOD Universes are they related to?

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Either or actually... I could, if permitted add into the continuation of the ASVS STGOD... or I could just s easily add them into the continuation of the SGOD mk 1 from a few months ago.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Either or actually... I could, if permitted add into the continuation of the ASVS STGOD... or I could just s easily add them into the continuation of the SGOD mk 1 from a few months ago.
Maybe they'd fit into one of the other STGOD galaxies we have floating around. We'll need to make a map for each, of course, to normalize things, but once things are resolved in advance that shouldn't be hard.

Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Hmmm...

I think I'll give up on the Kzinti altogether and make a more character oriented group, probably based on the Chinese secret societies. The difference being that the Boxer's Daoist rituals which were supposed to render them invulnerable can actually work :)
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Re: [STGOD-I] Restart Data.

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Note: Essentially, the universes being integrated are those which are being charted to support "upstring/downstring" IU Drive Use. I can handle as many as have been used which are not in the STGOD history mentioned above--I think there have been two?

Comments?
The HAB and associated fiefdom powers could probably use their own universe. The size, technology and my planned history of it wouldn't fit into one of the existing ones.
Last edited by Sea Skimmer on 2003-08-05 03:58am, edited 3 times in total.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Either or actually... I could, if permitted add into the continuation of the ASVS STGOD... or I could just s easily add them into the continuation of the SGOD mk 1 from a few months ago.
Maybe they'd fit into one of the other STGOD galaxies we have floating around. We'll need to make a map for each, of course, to normalize things, but once things are resolved in advance that shouldn't be hard.
With this... an isolated nation of Psionicists comming out of the woodwork would be rather interesting...

I had intended to use a history of earth in a way... Having my Psions retreat to a galaxy that is removed from the rest of the multiverse, recent events that threaten to destabilize their hard earned safety beig their reason to join in the rest of the universes affairs.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

The Third Empire is missing from your minor powers list... then again, it was a minor power... Eh... I'll be making a dimensional rift to deliver the OU into this new STGOD...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Beowulf wrote:The Third Empire is missing from your minor powers list... then again, it was a minor power... Eh... I'll be making a dimensional rift to deliver the OU into this new STGOD...
Well, I never quite figured out where it was. Where was it, again?

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

The Deal for New Nations.

I would like information on the STGOD-TBI (STGODs To Be Integrated); that is, where they were at their last time of function and etc. As I understand it there are two, which will require a galaxy for each. It is my goal to integrate each on in its entirety and provide a history for it up to the point of meeting which gives it a tech level so that it can compete, thus allowing the nations of those players, or at least descendant/heir nations, to participate (France, after all, is still technically the same France as the France of Clovis, but is obviously a bit far removed).

People with entirely new nations, I would ask, should announce their intent to create an entirely new nation and detail the basics of it, but wait on where they're going to put it in--I'd like to decide that myself based on where I think it can fit in best. We have a lot of options with numerous galaxies and every one is going to be as good as the next in terms of the amount of playing action one will get, I promise, especially with the advent of the interuniversal drive.

Basically, think of me as a bit of The Continuity Editor From Hell, who's job it is to make this entire thing work. Thus I would greatly appreciate the summaries of the other STGODs that need to be integrated and the details on the new nations so I can fit them all in.

The essential goal, thus, is to have a story which makes sense (in that unique "if you wanna get down, cocaine" STGOD way..) while at the same time integrating all the elements of the various different attempts, and all the elements of the various desired countries, seamlessly. This is just basically the History and Outline proposal that I've posted--what you're reading right now is the Request for Information so that I can finish the work. I actually think we can make everyone happy (multiple universes is so neat that way. So is crack cocaine.), but it will require a little work. Naturally I do not want to do this on my own, so you are all being plumbed for the necessary info that I might compile it.

P.S. If someone can confirm that my galaxy list is definitive that would be nice, too. The old ASVS Civil War confusion will never quite leave my brain, I think.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Beowulf wrote:The Third Empire is missing from your minor powers list... then again, it was a minor power... Eh... I'll be making a dimensional rift to deliver the OU into this new STGOD...
Well, I never quite figured out where it was. Where was it, again?
Near where the Atlantians showed up in the STGOD 1. By all rights it should have gotten overrun... :P
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Beowulf wrote:
Near where the Atlantians showed up in the STGOD 1. By all rights it should have gotten overrun... :P
Were you that fleet wandering around in deep space, or something not on the map?
Last edited by The Duchess of Zeon on 2003-08-05 06:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

SdSTGODI-
When we left off, most of the powers were in either of two major camps or neutral. On one side was the New Beijing Alliance, composed of the Asgard (Stormbringer, active), Kokand (ceded to Stormbringer), People's Republic of New China (Col. Frank, inactive, possibly ceded to Stormbringer), the Oceania Union (Beowulf, active), and the Skaven (Raxmei, active). The other side, whose name I never bothered learning, was made up of the Floaters (Thirdfain, active), the Draconis Republic (Alyrium Denryle, player active, nation extinct), the Pan-Slavic Union (Pablo Sanchez, active), Krytos (Darksider, status unknown), the New Roman Empire (HemlockGrey, dormant), and Monacora (Straha, active). Notable neutral powers include the North American Union (phongn, dormant), Fenari (YosemiteBear, semi-active), United Pirate Kingdom (that one guy, status unknown), Soirehiaz (Seggybop, dormant), the Minmatar (Spyda) and maybe a few more that I forgot about. For some reason the NBA disliked their rivals.

We left off in the middle of a war. Hostilities began when the Asgard fleet attacked the Draconian homeworld, causing damage to it, its moons, and a civilian Floater cluster in the system's oort cloud. They and their allies retaliated. Of the New Beijing Alliance, forces of the Asgard and Kokand empires are known to have taken action, and the Oceania Union and New Chinese were likely to join in. The Skaven were not at that point involved, and had voiced an intention to stay out of the war. My plan was to take over the galaxy after the war had weakened everyone else.

SDSTGODII
There had not been much action. This one fizzled out, in contrast to the first which ended due to mutual disgust. Most participants also had nations in the other STGOD, which complicates matters.

Notable powers: Federation of Shadow (Seaskimmer), the Sota-Rhi (Stormbringer), Rokugan (Beowulf), the Hive (Spyda), the Guu (Seggybop), the Caliphate (Pablo Sanchez), the Fel Theth (Alyrium Denryle), the Three Suns (Thirdfain), the United Communist Sector (JediNeophyte), Several (Raxmei), and maybe a few more.

Seaskimmer, Stormbringer, and Beowulf were allies (surprise, surprise). Besides that there were few other alliances. There was a pointless conflict surrounding the human homeworld (Earth), involving the Hive and the Shadow that brewed over into some sort of war. Aside from that absolutely nothing happened.
Last edited by Raxmei on 2003-08-05 06:53am, edited 1 time in total.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

People who wish to continue playing a particular nation from one of these two STGODs should inform me, along with which nation that is. People who have an objection to the destruction of their nation for story purposes should also inform me, along with what the nature of that objection is.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

BIG IMPORTANT NOTE.

For those who didn't notice this in reading the first post:

YES, Planetary Bombardments Will Not Work. Or, to be precise, they will--but only to a limited extent. Basically, if you BDZ a planet, or do something else which destroys its biosphere, then Kynes' people will wipe your attacking force from the timestream. Now, this does however only apply to planets where life was created through an evolutionary process--terraformed planets do not count. Neither, obviously, do lifeless worlds.

This is intended as an STGOD-historical/plausible method of limiting the destructive effect of our weaponry and increasing the value of habitable planets. Certainly Kynes' people have the capability to do this, see above, so from now on they are enforcing that rule (presumably to be enacted by the moderator). Lesser bombardments/comparable actions which do not destroy the biosphere are certainly perfectly acceptable in support of ground forces.

Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I plan on using the Skaven again. I don't care what happens to my other nation.

And an important event that I missed from SdSTGOD1: Terrorists not affiliated with the Skaven released a biological weapon in a Fenari international spaceport. The resulting epidemic likely would have exacerbated the war damage.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I'm ditching the Romans.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Lost but Found, Strong yet Weak, Destroyed yet Risen.

We are the Lost. And we are back.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:People who wish to continue playing a particular nation from one of these two STGODs should inform me, along with which nation that is. People who have an objection to the destruction of their nation for story purposes should also inform me, along with what the nature of that objection is.
I hardly think there's any point to having the GPF around, because its really too small to serve a purpose and what navy it had was smashed by the RME. You also appear to have written the Oppenheimer arc out of continuity, which I think is an important part of the storyline (call me an egotist :)).
--The Lord Humungus
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:People who wish to continue playing a particular nation from one of these two STGODs should inform me, along with which nation that is. People who have an objection to the destruction of their nation for story purposes should also inform me, along with what the nature of that objection is.
I'll be using Monacora from the first STGOD, as well as in the redone SD STGOD I. Basically they sacrifice all navy for the top ground combat force anywhere.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Straha wrote:I'll be using Monacora from the first STGOD, as well as in the redone SD STGOD I. Basically they sacrifice all navy for the top ground combat force anywhere.
That won't fly in this STGOD, really. Firstly because it's a bad idea, the spaces and scales involved in the ASVS-style make a navy an iron requirement for any Nation-based power (as opposed to character based); secondly because that's not the way things are done.

There's a lot of overlap as far as qualitative advantage goes, and very seldom do you find a clear-cut "my stuff is better than yours." This is mostly because there are so many different approaches to the same problems.
--The Lord Humungus