SSTGOD - The Gnome Wars

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mitth-raw-nuruodo wrote:[ooc:
fuck fuckedy fuck. I'm here now, but I'm gonna stay out of the TGOD, maybe watch a little. it's too late in the game for me to jump in, methinks.]
[OOC: Nonsense! Go read up! We haven't used the Gnomish fleet yet. Just blown up the GIA. :D ]
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

RogueIce wrote:
Mitth-raw-nuruodo wrote:[ooc:
fuck fuckedy fuck. I'm here now, but I'm gonna stay out of the TGOD, maybe watch a little. it's too late in the game for me to jump in, methinks.]
[OOC: Nonsense! Go read up! We haven't used the Gnomish fleet yet. Just blown up the GIA. :D ]
[OOC: I'm not the Gnomish fleet, I am the leader of the Gnomish Armed Forces (meaning Army/Navy/Air Force/anything else). That was YOUR idea, remember? I was gonna make up a force or something, but I dunno. You need to be in these things from the beginning, i think. If you can find a way to insert me in, while giving me all the necessary info, I will join, otherwise, I'm too lazy to read 3 pages of TGOD that I didn't participate in ]
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

There was a defeaning explosion and Lonestar-Vell stood on the bridge of Ice's Flagship. Ice turned and looked at the starry visaged Kree-Hobbit, and smiled.

"Lonestar-vell, you don't want to harm your Grand Vizer, do you?"

Lonestar-vell smiled, and suddenly Ice appeared starrskinned as well.

"I know exactly what you are, Ice. Surrender now."

"If I do, you know you'll be sent back to the microverse. SEGNOR won't let you run wild. They'll come after you next."

"I know. And I'll evade them again. It'll get boring after awhile. What do you suggest?"

"Help me."

"Do what?"

"Sooner or later the universe will end. I'm already bored, how about sooner?"

"About Bloody time."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

And so it was, the mighty fleet that Ice had brought to bear had crumbled under the SEGNOR assualt. New tactic in mind, DGG was ready to unleash the big guns. He activated a comm on his wristband, and prepared his resolve for what lie ahead.

"Set channel frequency to C-658101." The wristband clicked some binary nonsense, and Mitth's voice appeared over the secure line.

"Howdy do! How can I help you, sir?"

"Mitth, it's time we pressed our advantage before Ice can develop a counter. Deploy the Gnomish Navy Battle Fleet Katana. Load 'em up with any ammo they'll need, and send 'em over to the far side of Gnomania."

"Are you sure this is going to work? If this plan of yours fails we'll lose a massive portion of our fleet. And we need everything we can to defend Gnomania should Ice decide to attack."

"This is the only chance we've got to strike. We wait too long and he'll develop a counter. Tell Katana to be prep'd and ready in approxamately one hour. DGG out."

*the massive battlefleet, consisting of 150 battlecruisers, 450 frigates, 2000 destroyers, plus an uncountable number of fighters and gunships blasted off into the eerie depths of hyperspace, dead set on one final showdown with Ice over 0X-1*
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The huge battlestations were not long into their mission when they detected a large fleet in hyperspace.

Rye: "Converge on these coordinates orange stars, i may have just found Ice's navy.It's not likely to be anything else."

The 5 Orangestars assigned to group orange-alpha squadron slipped into hyperspace like 5 orange omen moons. They scan the local space and recieve a hail.

"Hello Rye, this is battlefleet katana, we're on the way to the final battle with Ice. We presume you're looking for the same gu...since when did you have FIVE orangestars?!"

Rye smothered a giggle: "We have far more than five, admiral. Please send me the coordinates of this last stand."

The communication console beeped and the computer logged something.

Rye: "Remaining Orangestars, you are ordered to cease current activities and converge on these coordinates." and he presses a combination of buttons on his armrest.

He looks up at the viewscreen at the admiral of the Katana fleet.

Rye: "Seems this foolishness has gone on long enough. Time to finish it."

The orange stars turn on their axes and propell through the strange realm of hyperspace, the vast fleet in front of them, coupled with several thousand orange ships of various classes and configurations. This was quite possibly the biggest fleet movement in gnome history, the fleet bristled with destructive power.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

[ooc: WHEEE I'm IN! Uhh, anyone wanna give me a basic summary, in a list fashion? I'm really too lazy to read through all the TGOD so far.

Uhh, also, I'm not just the Navy leader, read my above post. I will assume this force was specially made just for me, and can function completely on its own (has food, fuel, all that, doesn't need a base, everything is on the ships). Also, ground forces would be great, but whatever]

Reaching over to turn off the viewscreen, Mitth`raw`nuruodo sighed. If they are calling in Katana , much of our other forces must have failed. After a few moments of quiet contemplation, he reached over and pressed a button on his console.

"Yes, sir," an aide appeared awhile later.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo reached for a rarely-opened drawer at the bottom of his desk, and pulled out a small disk labeled CX-503. "Transmit this message to the following coordinates--" he recited some numbers from memory "--and prepare my personal shuttle."

OOC: Sorry Rye, but my fleet hasn't even come to operational status yet. You don't just snap your fingers and a fleet gets fueled and manned, these things take time. Read on, I will contact you

AT AN UNDICLOSED LOCATION, MOMENTS LATER

An aide knocked on the door to Admiral Johnson's office once, then more insistantly, until it finally opened. "Yes, what is it," Johnson growled. The aide gulped.

"We have just recieved a message from the Armed Forces headquarters on Gnomania." The aide paused for a moment, and took a deep breath. "For Your Eyes Only, Sir, and it carries the following header: CX-503"

Johnson sighed. This is what we've been training for. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help thinking, I just hope we're ready. Quickly pushing such thoughts aside, he glanced at the aide, still waiting in the center of the room. "Fuel the fleet, and patch the message to my personal screen."

Perplexed by the orders, but obviously happy to leave the gaze of Admiral Johnson, the aide did as he was told. Johnson watched him leave, then pulled the card labeled CX-503 out of his desk. The message suddenly appeared on his screen.

SECURE MESSAGE - 13a65g98sf6as33b*****
TO: Admiral Johnson, Katana HQ, Sector X
FROM: CODENAME-Wolfpack, Armed Forces HQ, Gnomania system

Admiral:

Prepare the fleet for battle. I will be arriving to take command in approxmately 3 standard days. You will recieve further instructions when I arrive.

Johnson keyed in a code in his console, then entered in his password to confirm it. Across the yard, fuel lines began pouring in fuel as people began rushing about in and around the ships. Johnson ordered in an aide.

Moments later, an aide--a different one this time, thought Johnson--opened the door and snapped to attention. "Sir?"

"Prepare the flagship, we are about to have a very important guest who will need use of it."
Last edited by Mitth`raw`nuruodo on 2003-08-08 10:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Fisher, realizing that this is going to be a huge battle, contacts GIA fleet command.

Fleet command, dispatch 1 BattleGroup, 8 fleet elements, and 30,000 fighter and support ships to Staging areas DELTA and BRAVO. When they are fully assembled have them meet me at Staging area ALPHA. Also deploy 100,000 clone troopers and 20,000 support craft to Staging area ALPHA. Also contact 3rd Impact and tell him to deploy his fleet and the remaining forces to gaurd our major bases and our HQ. I want him and his ship to join me at Staging area Alpha. Tell him we must launch before the main gnome fleet sets out. We have a special target to hit.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

THREE STANDARD DAYS LATER

Admiral Johnson shifted around nervously in his chair. He'd never met Wolfpack, but it was rumoured that he/she was in the Gnomish Inner Circle, a small group of people who report directly to Darth Garden Gnome. Few things bothered him, but the Inner Circle had never been seen before, and lived to tell about it.

The traffic controller walked up to Johnson. "Sir, a shuttle broadcasting high-level military codes just entered the system. Shall I let it through the shield?"

Johnson gazed at the blackness outside his office window a bit before snapping off a reply. "Yes, direct it to Hanger 327, and send an honor guard down there. I shall greet the occupant personally."

Mitth`raw`nuruodo noticed a light blinking on his ship's console. "They have approved our approach?" He questioned the navigator.

"Yes, sir," the navigator quickly replied. "Hanger 327. We will be here in a few minutes"

"Good."

As the shuttle's ramp lowered, the Gnomish honor guard snapped to attention. A short figure in a flowing robe slowly descended and walked up to Johnson. He introduced himself as Mitth`raw`nuruodo, leader of the Gnomish Armed Forces, and part of the Inner Circle.

"Welcome to Sector X, Sir," Johnson introduced himself and began walking towards another Hanger.

"I am here to take command of this installation, and all its forces," Mitth`raw`nuruodo said in a commanding tone.

Admiral Johnson showed Mitth`raw`nuruodo the newly commissioned ship, the Icepick. "Sir, this is your flagship, and it has many new features..." As they walked into the ship, members of the Gnomish honor guard began discussing their new guest in hushed tones.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo was thinking about Admiral Johnson. I think he will be good for my current needs, as well as this ship.

He inturrupted Johnson's discussion of his flagship. "Admiral, you will come with me on my new command ship. The fleet launches in 2 hours."

Johnson wanted some answers first. He considered bringing it up later, but decided to ask before he got onto the ship. "Sir, what are we fighting that needs the Katana fleet?"

Mitth`raw`nuruodo described the situation. "We are tracking down a rouge Ice. He is very powerful, and can appear as the real RougeIce. Many have failed to catch him, and Darth Garden Gnome himself ordered your fleet into operation." Mitth paused for a moment. "We will have him, soon."
My Audioscrobbler

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Upon the bridge of the DASC Avanti, the towerign (at least over the bridge crew) tasoth strokes his chin in thought at the dispatch by DGG.

~So, we have descent inside SEGNOR. This cannot be ignored...~

"Comm, dispatch to Dwarven Armada. Send as follows.."

XXDASC AvantiXX
++High Admiral Tasoth McSoth++

** Message as follows:
Situation Red. Initiate war protocols on all homeworlds. Dispatch Ivory fleet to coords [X,Y]. Effective Immediately.**

"Dispatch sent sir." reported the comms men.

"Nav, estimate jump window to coincide with arrival of the Ivory fleet'

"Aye Aye sir!"

Now tasoth waits for the right time....
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

As the fleet begins final preparations to launch, Mitth`raw`nuruodo asks the communications officer on the Icepick to open up a channel to the leaders of the Gnomish Fighting Forces. He informs all of them that he will be out of contact for a few days, then closes the channel.

"Will that be all, sir," the communications officer asks. He hears a sigh behind him.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo replies softly, "No, I fear it has only begun." He pauses a moment, then quickly snaps off, "Open up a channel to Rye in his his Orange Star, we may need his help."

SECURE MESSAGE - jf9a738fh4j6las9*****
TO: Rye, Orange Star 1, Location Unknown
Frtom: Mitth`raw`nuruodo, Icepick, Sector X

The Katana fleet is launching soon for 0X-1. I wondered if you might want to bring your Orange Stars along. We will be in Sector 5X-6 for 1/2 days. After that, we shall launch for 0X-1.

The communications officer closes the channel, and Mitth`raw`nuruodo walks over to Admiral Johnson. "Is my ship ready, Admiral?"

Johnson proudly replies, "Your ship is ready for command Sir!"

With a nod, Mitth`raw`nuruodo orders the massive battlefleet underway. "There will be noone to stop us, this time," Mitth`raw`nuruodo glances at the viewscreen.
(ooc: Last time the Katana fleet was launched, it was stopped by something, this time nooone will stop it. And I'm trying to make my character kinda like Vader at points, so the line seemed appropriate)
My Audioscrobbler

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

In the midst of the Katana fleet, the Deep Freeze II, RogueIce's personal fighter, appeared, trailed by the GIA ship that had seen him through to the site of the last battle between SEGNOR and GBMO forces.

"Calling Mitth, this is Grand Vizier RogueIce. Permission to come aboard requested. The GIA ship with me can vouch for my identity."
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Mitth`raw`nuruodo pointed at something on one of the SEGNOR frequencies. "Communications, bring that onto the main screen."

"Calling Mitth, this is Grand Vizier RogueIce. Permission to come aboard requested. The GIA ship with me can vouch for my identity."

Mitth`raw`nuruodo thought for a moment. He shouldn't have known of this fleet. I can't take the chance that he is the rouge Ice. Mitth`raw`nuruodo directed the communications officer to call up the GIA ship before pressing a button on his console. "I'm sorry RougeIce, but this ship is on full alert. Noone enters or exits this ship, it's the standard order. You can come with us though, we are going to a meeting."
My Audioscrobbler

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

RogueIce considers that, then decides spending who-knows-how-long in his fighter was not a fun prospect.

"Negative, Mitth. I'll transmit my personal identity code to you. He wouldn't have that. And like I said, the GIA ship knows who I am."

He pressed a button, sending his PID to Mitth, along a secret channel, directly to his personal datapad.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Mitth`raw`nuruodo feels a vibration in his pocket. He pulls out his personal datapad and sees "one new messge" displayed on the screen. Opening it, he sees it carries the Inner Circle high-level encoding. "Alright RougeIce, I believe you are who you say you are, but the order still stands, you can't land in the Icepick. I can direct you to the backup flagship, the Second Chance, if you want."
My Audioscrobbler

Darth Garden Gnome

*the Gnomania's Pride emerged from hyperspace to join Katana fleet, mere hours from launch into enemy territory*

"RougeIce, it's good to see you've found Katana fleet. Mitth, set paranoia to low! As Grand Vizier of the Gnomish Hordes, RI is well versed in the knowledge of all Gnomish battlefleets across the galaxy. What's more, the Deep Freeze II was designed with a kill-switch so that if anyone other than RI tries to board it, the ship will immediately power down engines and weapons, and broadcast a Gnomish distress frequency."

*swifts in chair, activates Inner Circle comm unit, and all members flicker to life as holograms, allowing the top-secret holo-conference to commence*

"Now then, we have much to discuss."
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Mitth`raw`nuruodo bows towards DGG's hologram in his private chamber. "What is thy bidding, my master?" In another part of his room, he sees that RougeIce has made it to the Second Chance.
My Audioscrobbler

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

As he boards the Second Chance RogueIce walks to the Comm Room, and tells those on duty to leave, as he picks up the transmission.

"Greetings, sir. I thank you for defending me. However, with your permission, I'd like to take on the Second Chance as my flagship, to replace the Deep Freeze. The name seems somewhat...fitting, in that light."

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Mitth`raw`nuruodo hears RougeIce's plea, and orders the Second Chance crew to recognize RougeIce as the new leader of the ship. "It is yours, as soon as the battle if over, but for now, it shall still take my orders."
My Audioscrobbler

Darth Garden Gnome

"Welcome, gentlemen. Ice has made a critical error, and the time for our attack has come. You will note here *replays the Deep Freeze incident* the key weakness of Ice's ships--from where ever in time he got them--is to use explosives outside of the shield bubble to hit them on the inside. While this works for now, we are assured that Ice is working on a counter as we speak, so the longer we delay the attack the better chance we have of Ice being invulnerable to us when we arrive."

*cue patriotic music*

"Everyone, this is a dangerous mission. I don't know if all of us will return, but as a precaution *points to a small device on each members armrest* should you need instant displacement away from battle, this device will trigger na auto-lock from the nearest ship and beam you aboard. It only has enough power for one go, so make it count."

"Now then, we don't know if Ice will be in his ship or on the ground, but capture is irrelevent. We must KILL Ice the first chance we get. If we fail, SEGNOR is doomed. Everything depends on this strike. With a little luck, we'll learn a little more about our time-travelling comrades, the origin of Ice and his technology, and a whole lot of other cool stuff. Questions? Are we ready?"

*glances outside the window; painted onto the sides of every starships is the phrase:

DINK DINK! HAIL GNOMAGE!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

RogueIce nods sagely to what DGG has said.

"Captain, prepare the ship. Link up with Mitth. We'll go with him, but any orders I give or DGG may give will override his."

"Yes sir."

"Prepare for battle. Sound Battle Stations."

As alarm klaxons go off, and crew members rush to their stations and prepare themselves for what may be their last day in the multiverse, RogueIce leans back and waits for the orders to go.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ice, aboard his flagship, checks on the status of the preparations for Planet OX-1, and nods.

He knew full well that the Gnomes will, eventually, arrive in force to his HQ. And he accordingly laid a neat trap for him.

It would be a shame that those he left behind to create the illusion of a working base would probably die, but such was warfare.

He turned back to Lonestar-vell and continued his plans to destroy the universe...starting with the Gnomes.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

All across the fleet, the cry can be heard. "DINK DINK! HAIL GNOMAGE!"

As the fleet jumps to hyperspace, the Fleet Admirals discuss the battle plan over an elegant dinner.

In the bowels of the flighter carriers, Cadet Blode and his fellow pilots are partying, for they know this might be their last day to do so. They know many of them will die, but they pretend like it doesn't bother them. "DINK DINK," they toast before drinking what may be the last drink of their lives.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo sits in his private meditation chamber aboard the Icepick, trying to get an idea of what the battle will be like. Outwardly, he looks calm, but inside he knows that many good people will die, even if SEGNOR wins.

All await the battle, but in different ways. Some will survive, some will die. That is the way of war, and these people's destiny.
My Audioscrobbler

Ice
Padawan Learner

Post by Ice »

[OOC: In case you're blind, this is Ice. So, no color-coding here. It's all from an Ice POV]

Ice, taking a break from conferring with his allies and command staff, took a look at what "his" Orange Stars were doing.

They're with the SEGNOR Fleet, eh? And it's a big one. Well, I'll let them do what they want to do...but give them some excitement first.

With a wicked grin on his face, he pushed a button, sending a signal to all the Orange Stars created by the Omega to begin firing on one another, until they were all destroyed. And the survivor would self destruct itself.

It created an interesting light show for the Katana fleet and it's crewmen, and a wave of shock passed over Rye and his crew. Now, only their own Orange Star was left in the Fleet. And reports were coming in. The other Orange Stars had all self destructed.

The Omega's failure was now complete.
"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." - Midori Koto
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Fisher receiving word that the main Fleet had launched, set out with his huge GIA BattleFleet.
[ooc this fleet is made up of 3 BattleGroups, 10 fleet elements and millions of fighters, and smaller ships. see previsous post to learn what that menas ship whys.]

Give me fleet wide.
Someone flips a switch.
SOME OF YOU MAYBE WONDERING WHY WE ARE OUT HERE WITHOUT THE MAIN FLEET SETTING OFF ON OUR OWN. WE ARE GOING TO STRIKE A MAJOR BLOW AGAINST ICE. WHEN I WAS A CHILD, MY FATHER TAUGHT ME TO NEVER GIVE UP, EVEN WHEN THE SITUATION LOOKS HOPELESS. HE TAUGHT ME TO NEVER MISS AN OPORTUNITY TO HELP A FREIND. HE ALSO TAUGHT ME THAT WHEN IT WAS MY TIME TO GO THAT IT BE FOR SOMETHING NOT OUT OF SOMETHING. AND SO WE ARE NOW FLYING TOWARDS ONE OF ICE'S LARGEST SHIPYARDS TO DESTROY IT AND EVERY SHIP IN THERE. SOME MAY DIE BUT REST ASSURED WE WILL NOT STOP TILL WE SUCCED, AND TRUST ME WE WILL SUCCED. THIS IS THE LARGEST GIA BATTLEFLEET EVER ASSEMBLED. CAPTAINS YOU KNOW YOU DUTY. IF WE SUCCED WE WILL MAK THE BATTLE FOR OUR ALLIES THAT MUCH EASIER. WHEN WE ARRIVE OUR GHOST AND CLONE TROOPERS WILL STORM THE BASE AND KILL THE GUARDS AND CREWS OF THE ENEMY SHIPS. THAT IS ALL.
When the speech had ended, it started. In just a few places but soon picked up. They were singing the segnor Anthem.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Rye watched his new fleet go beserk and destroy each other with a fear of impending doom. 3 times a supercitruslaser blasted into the superstation, luckily it had little effect, the copies had a design flaw in which their violence on the original was strangely muted.

The csl should've carved a large gash through the lower hemisphere, but was reflected harmlessly away into space. The bioarmour was working perfectly, these inferior daughter stations had no chance against the original. The fakes were blasted out of the sky by the secretly upgraded Orange Star 1.

He tapped his fingers together, and contacted the escort fleets. They, thankfully had remained unaffected for reasons unknown, and were ordered to a protection radius around orange star 1.

Rye: "Warm up all batteries, open all gunports on all vessels, it's almost time for the endgame. Super Tesla coils are to be armed and extended. Fleet, prepare your crews."

Large bioarmoured coils reached up from the surface of the vast station and out into space, and bristled with short-range death. They were a new defense weapon, too often had small enemy ships got in too close and used the small horizon of the station to hide from ctl turrets. Now there would be no escape from now on.

Rye: "Oh well," he pondered to himself, "it was a nice idea at any rate."

Ice's downfall lay just around the corner...his doom was incoming.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus