[STGOD] info poll 1 - tech level

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Tech Level of new STGOD

Near Modern
10%
The Race
5%
Star Trek
5%
Honorverse
35%
Star Wars
45%

Total votes: 20

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Kyle wrote: Everything has been used in STGOD.
I don't think anyone had a flare pistol that could destroy the multiverse.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Kyle wrote: Everything has been used in STGOD.
I don't think anyone had a flare pistol that could destroy the multiverse.
We had a pistol that could create a universe around an object then collapse it, obliterating the target.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SirNitram wrote:
We had a pistol that could create a universe around an object then collapse it, obliterating the target.
I remember that thing, but it wasn't issued as part of every pilot's survival kit.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
I remember that thing, but it wasn't issued as part of every pilot's survival kit.
The question wasn't whether it was common, it was whether it was used.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SirNitram wrote:
The question wasn't whether it was common, it was whether it was used.
Picky picky, anyway creating one universe and destroying it isn't quite the same level as destroying all of them. Though I doubt even the destruction of the multiverse is damage beyond repair for the uber characters.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Firepower levels still will be quite high, but nothing like superlaser-ignoring inertaless-drive superbattleships running around.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:Firepower levels still will be quite high, but nothing like superlaser-ignoring inertaless-drive superbattleships running around.
It things like the inertaless drives that I don't like, massive firepower and industrial capacity isn't so bad. When you look at what the Galactic Empire did in secret the huge fleets, even the planetoids aren't that bad. On the other hand, the HAB main fleet is going to be powered by steam and gas turbines along with marine diesels if I don't change my mind so I may be hypocritical.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Been reading 'Foundation', Skimmer?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

HemlockGrey wrote:Been reading 'Foundation', Skimmer?
No but I'm aware of it, diesel powered spaceships correct? I figure running my fleet off bunker fuel isn't any less realistic then reactor cores denser then Neutronium in vessels which can still orbit planets. Though the HAB also uses logic/anti logic annihilation for power.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Sea Skimmer wrote:No but I'm aware of it, diesel powered spaceships correct? I figure running my fleet off bunker fuel isn't any less realistic then reactor cores denser then Neutronium in vessels which can still orbit planets. Though the HAB also uses logic/anti logic annihilation for power.
Just don't try making offensive bozon field generators. You *will* regret it later.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
HemlockGrey wrote:Been reading 'Foundation', Skimmer?
No but I'm aware of it, diesel powered spaceships correct? I figure running my fleet off bunker fuel isn't any less realistic then reactor cores denser then Neutronium in vessels which can still orbit planets. Though the HAB also uses logic/anti logic annihilation for power.
Who says you have to burn the diesel?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Beowulf wrote:
:?: Are you suggesting I simply have my fleet powered by nothing? Because that's just silly. :lol:
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
:?: Are you suggesting I simply have my fleet powered by nothing? Because that's just silly. :lol:
I meant that you don't necessarily need to have your fleet powered by IC engines, while still being able to say the you use Diesel fueled ships...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Hmm... SHould they just have to think about rending a hole n the fabric of the universe, or should they have to chant a little first... :twisted:

Just kidding...
My evil avatar character did that (him being a creature with the whole dark side at his command--every micron of despair and decay and hated in the living universe adding to his power--and the purpose and will to kill every sentient being in the universe), admittedly during a duel with the strongest single character in the arc whose energies were probably doing more work.

But the Clone Sanchez was probably up there at #3 or so, power wise (discounting omnipotents and near omnipotents).
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:Hmm... SHould they just have to think about rending a hole n the fabric of the universe, or should they have to chant a little first... :twisted:

Just kidding...
My evil avatar character did that (him being a creature with the whole dark side at his command--every micron of despair and decay and hated in the living universe adding to his power--and the purpose and will to kill every sentient being in the universe), admittedly during a duel with the strongest single character in the arc whose energies were probably doing more work.

But the Clone Sanchez was probably up there at #3 or so, power wise (discounting omnipotents and near omnipotents).
I am thinking... Mages and/or psionicists.

No ships, so much as such ndividuals(with power varrying by classification/allowed tech level) moving through space using spells/abilities.

This is what happened if A. Netheril continued to grow and/or B. The Psi corp trancended :twisted:
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

phongn wrote:The spectrum for inventory went from (1) copper ring to exquisitely detailed orders of battle for imperial warfleets.

Not coincidentially, the person with the ring happened to be the most powerful within his sphere of influence.
If you're referring to brother Kynes, he had a bit more than that in his inventory.

> > One (1) copper ring
> > One (1) brown robe
> > One (1) Universe, and its associated children

Mustn't forget the robe.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Raxmei wrote:
phongn wrote:The spectrum for inventory went from (1) copper ring to exquisitely detailed orders of battle for imperial warfleets.

Not coincidentially, the person with the ring happened to be the most powerful within his sphere of influence.
If you're referring to brother Kynes, he had a bit more than that in his inventory.

> > One (1) copper ring
> > One (1) brown robe
> > One (1) Universe, and its associated children

Mustn't forget the robe.
That was after the arms race started.
--The Lord Humungus
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:But the Clone Sanchez was probably up there at #3 or so, power wise (discounting omnipotents and near omnipotents).
Who was the most powerful of the "mortal" characters? Graeme? Halite?
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:That was after the arms race started.
Yes, before then he wore normal clothes. The robe came later when he could consider himself a cranky old man.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

phongn wrote:Who was the most powerful of the "mortal" characters? Graeme? Halite?
Probably Uranus (being able to destroy everyone counts highly), followed by Halite, followed by Graeme. So I was maybe #4.
--The Lord Humungus
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
phongn wrote:Who was the most powerful of the "mortal" characters? Graeme? Halite?
Probably Uranus (being able to destroy everyone counts highly), followed by Halite, followed by Graeme. So I was maybe #4.
Uranus? You mean Saturn?

I might put Graeme over Halite - the latter was only powerful because she turned the souls of a lot of worlds into a powersource for herself. Certainly, if Graeme did that he'd likely be more powerful.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

phongn wrote:Uranus? You mean Saturn?
Opps.
I might put Graeme over Halite - the latter was only powerful because she turned the souls of a lot of worlds into a powersource for herself. Certainly, if Graeme did that he'd likely be more powerful.
Sure, sure.
--The Lord Humungus
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I might start up a Saturn death cult like your power had in the STGOD2 for awhile.
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

phongn wrote:
Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Uranus? You mean Saturn?

I'd have to include Kynes in that group too, he always seemd on a par with Graeme.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I put Kynes on the low-end of the omnipotents rather than on the superpowered mortals.