Baldurs Gate2 - Party make up?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Sidious
Padawan Learner

Baldurs Gate2 - Party make up?

Post by Sidious »

Im playing BG2 for the umpbillionth time and am still amazed at how having different characters in your party can cause so many different events to occurr in the game (some that I STILL havent seen yet have surprised me).

So who do you normally include in your party? Or who are your favorites?

This time Im going with:

Myself (uber half elf ranger imported from BG1)
Minsc
Jaheria
Mazzy
Nalia
Viconia (love interest this time.. mmmm drow....)
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

This time:

Minsc
Aerie
Anomen
Yoshimo, now replaced with Imoen
Valygar
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Usually?

Minsc
Imoen
Aerie
Keldorn
Mazzy/Saervok

over the time I've tried multiple combinations...but I like this one the best for heavy combat.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Minsc
Jaheira
Imeon
Aerie
Anomen

Headed by the master of all thieves, Garrett. 8)
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

This time, I'm playing through as an solo elven F/M/T, min-maxed to the limit with strength of 22 thanks to all the boosts possible in both games. I've installed all of the increased difficulty patches as well, and I'm just heading of to deal with the fire giants.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Good luck Soloing Improved Yaga-Shura and Abazigal.

Toughest fights in the series.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Pah...the difficulties made all the 'bosses' nigh on impossible without a seasoned party and excellent leadership....you really have to think and plan to beat them all...not just those two
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Me(Uber soercerer or wizard)
Minsc
Jaheira
Imonen/yoshimo
that Tiefling bard...
Anomen
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Vendetta wrote:Good luck Soloing Improved Yaga-Shura and Abazigal.

I expect that it will be possible with judicious use of Blackrazor with my haste fix for the associated bugs, black blade of disaster, and a few hundred extra hitpoints from the Larloch's bastard sword. Level drain will kill just about anything extremely quickly with ten attacks per round. I just need to get around to finishing it now that I've taken care of Demogorgon.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Graeme Dice wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Good luck Soloing Improved Yaga-Shura and Abazigal.

I expect that it will be possible with judicious use of Blackrazor with my haste fix for the associated bugs, black blade of disaster, and a few hundred extra hitpoints from the Larloch's bastard sword. Level drain will kill just about anything extremely quickly with ten attacks per round. I just need to get around to finishing it now that I've taken care of Demogorgon.
If you killed Demogorgon without help...you pretty much can kill anything in the game. The only trouble maybe the final boss...where Magic works not as well as the other bosses(a lot of MR drainage need for the 4 fights)

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I found the Improved version of Abazigal a lot tougher than DG.

Two dragons, four drakes, and a small herd of other minions...
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Ghost Rider wrote:If you killed Demogorgon without help...you pretty much can kill anything in the game. The only trouble maybe the final boss...where Magic works not as well as the other bosses(a lot of MR drainage need for the 4 fights)
I killed Demogorgon through the judicious use of about 5 spike traps and two normal ones, which is not workable for all bosses. My typical spell setup includes both a globe of invulnerability and a spell trap, so there's not too much that I worry about that way. With protection from magical weapons and the immune to +1 and below magic armour I'm completely immune from weaponry for a short time, so with haste boots quick retreats are possible. I just wish I had enough weapon proficiency slots left to use the vorpal halberd well.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Graeme Dice wrote:
I killed Demogorgon through the judicious use of about 5 spike traps and two normal ones, which is not workable for all bosses. My typical spell setup includes both a globe of invulnerability and a spell trap, so there's not too much that I worry about that way. With protection from magical weapons and the immune to +1 and below magic armour I'm completely immune from weaponry for a short time, so with haste boots quick retreats are possible. I just wish I had enough weapon proficiency slots left to use the vorpal halberd well.
Ah...still some of the other don't quite have Demogorgon's other talents of summoning. Mostly damage dealing though the Dragon Boss is nasty because of his minions.

They all have a rather large degree of damage and HP, but well...I still see your biggest task will be an effectiove strategy against the final boss, but you seem to have a good enough grasp and will likely have access to the later Traps a thief can have which help greatly.