Pokemon

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Given some of the Anti-Christian sentiment towards Pokémon, I would've expected Texas to be near to the bottom of the rung actually. Like I said before, it could very well be that you were just in a bad locality for the game, especially given that your generalization doesn't seem to hold water when compared to the evidence. The fact that you only consider it *after* Yu-gi-oh came out is a problem too. Are you saying those years of popularity before Yu-gi-oh came out meant nothing?
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Archaic` wrote:Given some of the Anti-Christian sentiment towards Pokémon, I would've expected Texas to be near to the bottom of the rung actually.
Anti-Christian sentiment?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Gandalf wrote:
Archaic` wrote:Given some of the Anti-Christian sentiment towards Pokémon, I would've expected Texas to be near to the bottom of the rung actually.
He probably meant that some people think Pokemon is Anti-Christian. :D
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*Pulls out a pokeball shaped like a grenade*
"Wipe them out, Wipe them ALL OUT Hitmonyun-fat!"

*Hitmonyun-fat adjusts sunglasses, and lights cigarette with conterfiet $100 bill.*
Nurse Jenny: There's no smoking in here, it's bad for yo-
*Blam*
"Phat"
*Hitmonyun-fat pulls out his shot gun and proceeds to kill nurse jenny, and professor oak.*
*Moving on to even deadly artillery, the hitmonyun-fat kills everything in pallet town.*

.....Some time later, a scorched, mortally wounded hitmonyun-fat collapses into a corner as the poisons finnally overwhelm it.*
*the yosemite bear approches, with the grenade pokeall. Ok, time to rest up for a new movie....
Hitmonyun-fat: PHAT!!

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Darth Mall wrote:
Exonerate wrote: Rhydon, go slaughter that fool who uses only two types.
blaiziken(sp?) use double kick. beat that rhydon itto the ground.

i do use type combos you fool :twisted:
Against his incredibly powerful defense, I'm afraid you won't last long enough against it.

Even then, I have Mewtwo which also knows blizzard :P

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
McNum
Padawan Learner

Post by McNum »

Gandalf wrote:
I think it's the usual fundie stuff. They're not too fond of the whole evolution system in Pokémon. It teaches childern that creatures "magically evolve" into other creatures so it goes against the "truth" and all that. Business as usual, really.
I'm the Randomly Chosen One!
Archaic`
Jedi Council Member

Post by Archaic` »

Actually, I was referring more to the outcry against "Psychic" Pokémon, and the supposed Star of David on Alakazam's forehead, though I suppose that works just as well.
Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Archaic` wrote:Actually, I was referring more to the outcry against "Psychic" Pokémon, and the supposed Star of David on Alakazam's forehead, though I suppose that works just as well.
I laughed my head off when I heard about Yuri Geller (sp?) wanting to sue Nintendo for billions because he thought that Alakazam was ripped off him. :lol:
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists