KOTOR for X-Box reviewed: it rules

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Lord of the Farce wrote:
Vympel wrote:KOTOR isn't a made for X-Box game. It's a PC game that was hijacked by X-Box, just like Halo. Not suprisingly, both are better on the PC- especially in the case of an RPG like KOTOR. :P Or Morrowind, for that matter.
Exactly. Especially considering that KOTOR is based on the Neverwinter Nights engine, which is originally a PC game. So who's getting the "converter" version? :P
In this case, X-Box. I think it might not suck tho, as evidenced by my first post in this thread. Now, as far as Halo going to PC.....it might work too, depends on how much effort is put into it
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Heh. You can't even say "Xbox" without the PC nuts screaming "THEY STEAL OUR GAMES!!! BRARRRAAARRRGH!!!"

Although it's not so much the idiocy that I mind from them, so much as the spittle that gets all over my shirt.
The Great and Malignant
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

HA!! I just found out Half-Life 2 will be PC and X-Box only, 'cause only they can handle it well... (actually, this isn't "official", but someone in Valve said it, and G4tv reported it, so it's at least a very good lie)
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I want this game. Unfortunately, I do not have--nor do I plan to--get an X-box. When's it coming out for PC?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Darth Yoshi wrote:I want this game. Unfortunately, I do not have--nor do I plan to--get an X-box. When's it coming out for PC?
I believe November(meaning Christmas)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Just got this game, and instantly sunk eight hours into playing it. It is sweet. I NEVER obsess about video games like this. Right now, I'm sitting here at work and all I can think about is when I get to go home and play it.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I'm on summer vacation, so i never have to stop playing it.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I'll be waiting for the PC version

Because although I have an X-Box, I feel that the controls will be better on the PC (Bioware stle pause-time action works better with clicky mouse)

I have Shadows of Undrentide (which is ace, for anyone who's interested ,they actually made a game you can play as a Druid properly, like talking to animals for some useful reason, not just like a Cleric with differnt spells) and Frozen Throne to deal with until then.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

TheFeniX wrote:Must...resist...urge...to...buy for X-Box...
I'm such a spoon. I went out today and bought KOTOR for X-Box. Sigh.. I have no constitution...