Star Wars: Republic Commando

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Post by Axis Kast »

Anybody else see the new trailer?

It looks sick.

Lucas should use cut-scenes like those to make the movies more action-package and enjoyable.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Yeah, I posted a link in G&C- it should be several pages down. Either way, without new screenshots to drool over, not much point in leaving this thread open.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
YT300000
Sith'ari

Re: Star Wars: Republic Commando

Post by YT300000 »

Axis Kast wrote:Anybody else see the new trailer?

It looks sick.

Lucas should use cut-scenes like those to make the movies more action-package and enjoyable.
What do you mean, sick?

The clonetroopers should have switch to rapid-fire mode and mowed the Geonosians off that wall. Not fired individual shots at them.

Their lack of discipline and close-range anti-crowd tactics is appaling.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

YT300000 wrote:
Axis Kast wrote:Anybody else see the new trailer?

It looks sick.

What do you mean, sick?

The clonetroopers should have switch to rapid-fire mode and mowed the Geonosians off that wall. Not fired individual shots at them.

Their lack of discipline and close-range anti-crowd tactics is appaling.
Perhaps they were running low on ammunition (Havn't seen trailer yet so don't call me a moron if they were standing in front of a gunship full of extra clips)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Darksider wrote:
Perhaps they were running low on ammunition (Havn't seen trailer yet so don't call me a moron if they were standing in front of a gunship full of extra clips)
The rifles capacity is 500 rounds per magazine, a typical solider today would have 300-400 rifle rounds total.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Darksider wrote:
The rifles capacity is 500 rounds per magazine, a typical solider today would have 300-400 rifle rounds total.

that's true. Anyone know how many clips clone troopers carry?????
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Darksider wrote:that's true. Anyone know how many clips clone troopers carry?????
Probably a lot. A Rothana Arms DC-10 can hold enought power for 500 bolts. Clonetroopers carry several extra power packs.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

I just thought I would mention that the commandos in the trailer weren't carrying the same large rifle that we saw cutting down droidekas in AOTC. It seems to be a shortened carbine like version. That probably means the version with the folding stock we saw in the film may be intended to fill the submachine gun role. I'm glad to see that the game's designers realized that the full-sized DC-15 rifle would have made manuvering around in those tunnels very difficult.