Star Trek Elite Force II

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Star Trek Elite Force II

Post by Faram »

Found this game cheap :)

Wonder of wonders it is actually quite fun. If you like shoot em ups.

It even manages to diss Starfleet and their crazy policies!
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

EF2 is a very good FPS indeed. What I can't stand, however, is the god awful voice acting - with the exception of Patrick Stewart, Tim Russ and few others.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Re: Star Trek Elite Force II

Post by Tragic »

Faram wrote:Found this game cheap :)

Wonder of wonders it is actually quite fun. If you like shoot em ups.

It even manages to diss Starfleet and their crazy policies!
Did you find it online cheap? if so give the link please.
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

"Hi Enterprise, can I trouble you to rain hot death on that sniper tower over there?"

*Zaap* BOOM!!

"Thankee"
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Yogi wrote:"Hi Enterprise, can I trouble you to rain hot death on that sniper tower over there?"

*Zaap* BOOM!!

"Thankee"

You can call down orbital strikes????

::::::Starts drooling::::::
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I played the demo. It certainly wasn't horrible, but I was unimpressed. It offers nothing new or innovative insofar as I can see, its just the latest pretty graphics dumped onto a standard FPS with a Star Trek theme. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Darksider wrote:
Yogi wrote:"Hi Enterprise, can I trouble you to rain hot death on that sniper tower over there?"

*Zaap* BOOM!!

"Thankee"

You can call down orbital strikes????

::::::Starts drooling::::::
Yeah, but just in the final mission.

IMO the levels in demo were perhaps the worst in the game, though you are right that the game doesn't offer anything new to the genre.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."