StarGate SG1 STGOD at SB

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

StarGate SG1 STGOD at SB

Post by Coyote »

For those who are interesred, a Stargate STGOD has begun. It is off to a slow start and could use some interested posters.

In the Story Debates menu you will also find a Discussion Thread for Out of Character talk.

The link I provide is for the story part only:

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/showt ... adid=52107

Enjoy or ignore as is your taste....

~~Game Coyote
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Can you create your own new power in this STGOD?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

[T'ealc] Indeed [/T'ealc]

The SD creator, Mellian, set out in the Discussion thread a sort of guide to power and society levels, including tech and population, industry, etc., that are pretty easy.

For example, Earth is tech level 0
Asgard is tech level +5
Abydos is tech level -5

Mellian wanted to restrict player access to maximum tech level +4 since anything of Asgard level would be "too uber". One player is operating a minor Gou'aould System Lord, a tech level +4 power.

I have a tech level +1.5 power, a Earthlke society maybe 100 years more advanced, with solar system colonization common but little beyond that.

I'll go link the Discusion thread as well.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The aforementioned Discusion thread.

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/showt ... adid=50774

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I'll consider it then.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: StarGate SG1 STGOD at SB

Post by Alyeska »

Coyote wrote:For those who are interesred, a Stargate STGOD has begun.
Incorrect. A Stargate Story Debate has begun.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Coyote wrote:One player is operating a minor Gou'aould System Lord, a tech level +4 power.
Minor? I'll give you minor... :x :)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Alyeska wrote:
Huh, I always thought an STGOD and SD were pretty much the same thing.... but then I am new to this.....

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Coyote wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Huh, I always thought an STGOD and SD were pretty much the same thing.... but then I am new to this.....
They are, but it might be nice to call it what the creator calls it.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."