Getting StarCraft and Brood War music

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

RogueIce
_______

Getting StarCraft and Brood War music

Post by RogueIce »

The easiest way I'd know is to download it from somewhere, but searches are of no help to me (though I'm not that good at them anyway).

How, if you can, do you get it from the CD itself? And just so you know, I am a complete neophyte about this, so if it requires any outside programs, please don't assume I know of them or where to get them or even how to work them (it'll save time that way).
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
lux
Padawan Learner

Post by lux »

I would like to know this myself. Does anyone know?
Hethrir
Jedi Master

Post by Hethrir »

I managed to get Zerg 1 and 2 theme, but all the sites are gone now :(

I tried a WAV extractor on the CD, but only pulled a few misc sounds.

got an FTP site, and i'll upload the two zerg songs i have.
SHODAN
Padawan Learner

Post by SHODAN »

How, if you can, do you get it from the CD itself? And just so you know, I am a complete neophyte about this, so if it requires any outside programs, please don't assume I know of them or where to get them or even how to work them (it'll save time that way).
Download MPQ View Pack and Broodwar datafile from Campaing Creations utilites page.

Extract both files somewhere and run MPQview.exe. First open broodwar datafile SCBW_data.txt, the one you just downloaded, then the game archive and MPQview gives you list of files and directories inside archive. On Starcraft CDs, file named INSTAL.EXE contains everything you want - musics, movies, game datafiles. Near end of file listing you'll find directory conveniently enough named music. To extract files simply select file(s) from the list and press Save-button.
In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well.
Hethrir
Jedi Master

Post by Hethrir »

20 thankyous for that one! Works well. WIIGII!!
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I am honestly suprised that someone else here knows about MPQView.

But oh well. I can still own anyone here six ways to Sunday in Stargraft programming.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I get nothing when I try to open them... :(

EDIT: Nevermind, got it!
Last edited by RogueIce on 2003-06-26 03:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Starcraft Programming.

This I must learn.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

NecronLord wrote:Starcraft Programming.

This I must learn.
Sounds rather like Quake C - in other words, something grown past all proportion.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

NecronLord wrote:Starcraft Programming.

This I must learn.
There is a lot of different stuff you can do.

There is basic unit editing, which you can do with Arsenal Zero and 3. Then there is modifying unit iscript animations and frames using ICE (a must have if you are adding new graphics or giving units spells). The most advanced and powerful program is Stargraft, which carries the dubious honor of being the program that the least amount of people in the community can use properly. Stargraft can be used to modify existing units and spells in ways other programs cannot, as well as be used to create NEW units, spells, tech trees... just about anything.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Humm. Interesting. Post links. And tutorials.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Tomorrow. It's too late at night here in Japan for me to refind all the links I have bookmarked... at home.. :P