Best JK II mods

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Best JK II mods

Post by Knife »

Ok, I have for years been downloading mods for Xwing Alliance, now I have been looking around for goog JK II patches and mods. What, being the computer geniusus that you are, are the best for this awesome game?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I get everything from http://www.jediknightii.net

The latest JediPlus is pretty standard for any JK2 player.

ProMod is pretty interesting, focuses on pure skill for saber blocking, swings, etc.

Movie Battles makes it "realistic", i.e., 1-2 blaster shots and you're dead, and it also adds round based combat and a class system.

There are quite a few more out there which could be interesting as well, but I haven't checked on the mod community recently.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

http://www.massassi.net

Every thing you can want in Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Mystries of the Sith, and JKII mods. The Trekie Mod is the best. It turns the Stormies into Red Shirts etc. Very fun. Also there is a blade conversion underway which is exciting.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I don't remember the name of that mod, it gave you a jetpack for the Mandalorian model.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Cpt_Frank wrote:I don't remember the name of that mod, it gave you a jetpack for the Mandalorian model.
No, it gives you the jetpack for any model.

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index ... ile&id=925

The Demo for the Dark Forces Mod.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.phpid=0a ... 870ed8d5ee

Disruption.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.phpid=29 ... 30794814c4

The best blood mod:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3572
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Jedi Academy Mod is great for server admining. Our clan server currently runs it.

Some of the best duels I've had were with JediMod.

I believe that JediPlus mod has jetpack support and a few other nifty add-ons. Use it in the Sandarena map for added fun.

Force Mod2 also has a lot of potential. You have the option to set it to Jedi vs. Merc. As a merc you can have dual blasters, jetpack, and a flame-thrower. Of course, you still get raped by a skilled Jedi, but it's loads of fun.

Hydroball lets you play a Blitzball like game (Final Fantasy X). I never got into it, but a lot of other guys did. Few servers though.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

TheFeniX wrote:Jedi Academy Mod is great for server admining. Our clan server currently runs it.

Some of the best duels I've had were with JediMod.

I believe that JediPlus mod has jetpack support and a few other nifty add-ons. Use it in the Sandarena map for added fun.

Force Mod2 also has a lot of potential. You have the option to set it to Jedi vs. Merc. As a merc you can have dual blasters, jetpack, and a flame-thrower. Of course, you still get raped by a skilled Jedi, but it's loads of fun.

Hydroball lets you play a Blitzball like game (Final Fantasy X). I never got into it, but a lot of other guys did. Few servers though.
Where can I get Force Mod2?

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

YT300000 wrote:Where can I get Force Mod2?
Mod Download
Screen Shots
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Damn, it doesn't seem to work on my comp. :(

It looked pretty cool, two guns and all.

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I can't remember, but I think I had to do some tweaking. Did you get any specific error?
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

TheFeniX wrote:I can't remember, but I think I had to do some tweaking. Did you get any specific error?
It got to the start-up screen with the JK2 symbol. After a few seconds, the cursor appeared. Then nothing happened. I could move the cursor, but esc didn't work.

TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

There's two ways to load it:
1. Under Setup>Mods
2. A shortcut running the setup .exe creates.

Have you tried them both? Are you running 1.04?
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

TheFeniX wrote:There's two ways to load it:
1. Under Setup>Mods
2. A shortcut running the setup .exe creates.

Have you tried them both? Are you running 1.04?
No, the start-up screen after you click create server, just before the map starts loading.

I have patch 1.04

What did you tweak?

YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

I can play on other people's servers, but I can't start my own server with the Mod.