Command and Conquer discussion

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Lord Pounder wrote:I have one major question regarding C&C Generals. WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK WILL C&C G REFUSE TO WORK ON MY 2.2 GIG ATHLON XP YEYT IT'lLL CHUG ALONG, ABET A BIT SLOW, ON MY 750 DURON SHITBOX? When i ty and load Generals it says my equipment isn't up to specs. I spent £550 on the fucking tower 2 months ago. All my drivers are up to date. I check for updates to my drivers every weekend.
What video card do you have?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Shinova wrote:
Rye wrote: 5) most fun thing to do in any cnc game?

RA2 - making a box of tanks of all sorts, with a space in the middle, chronoshit their ore truck into the middle.

intensely irritating, but very funny.
On that note, in RA1 I used to chronoshift cruisers to within firing range of the other's base. Fun fun fun :lol:
Tony (SoX) was losing a RA2 game and he chronoshifted a ship onto land and crashed it for everyone..still not forgiven him..and then you know he said "let's play starcraft!"

gah, i hate starcraft, i can't play it and it looks like im playing it in old skool cartoon game vision.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

It crashed it? Isn't chronoshifting ships onto land ment to destroy them?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Fine, don't answer me... :evil:
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

StarshipTitanic wrote:Fine, don't answer me... :evil:
Do you mean snswer this:
starship Titanic wrote: I'd like to get one, but I want one no less lacking in features as AoK. Does that make sense?
Since i don't know what AoK is ... no it does not make sense.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

2000AD wrote:It crashed it? Isn't chronoshifting ships onto land ment to destroy them?
Well try it, i think it may have blown them up on ra1, but it crashes ra2. you can telepotr tanks into the water though and it not crash.
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Fascinating.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

2000AD wrote:
Do you mean snswer this:
starship Titanic wrote: I'd like to get one, but I want one no less lacking in features as AoK. Does that make sense?
AOE 2: Age of Kings? Only one of the best RTS' ever made? For shame...
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

phongn wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:I have one major question regarding C&C Generals. WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK WILL C&C G REFUSE TO WORK ON MY 2.2 GIG ATHLON XP YEYT IT'lLL CHUG ALONG, ABET A BIT SLOW, ON MY 750 DURON SHITBOX? When i ty and load Generals it says my equipment isn't up to specs. I spent £550 on the fucking tower 2 months ago. All my drivers are up to date. I check for updates to my drivers every weekend.
What video card do you have?
GeForce 128mb. The Card has a fan bigger than my CPU fan.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Odd, and you have the latest nVidia drivers ...
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Rye wrote:
2000AD wrote:It crashed it? Isn't chronoshifting ships onto land ment to destroy them?
Well try it, i think it may have blown them up on ra1, but it crashes ra2. you can telepotr tanks into the water though and it not crash.
I never did it on ra2, or on ra1 (put boats on land that is), but I know that in both you can teleport tanks (full APCs or Ore miners are the best) into the water and watch them sink... fun fun fun :twisted: :twisted:
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

StarshipTitanic wrote:
2000AD wrote:
Do you mean snswer this:
:P

Aoe gets old when you finish the campaigns..(IF).

Didn't find that much replay value in it to be honest
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Coaan wrote:
StarshipTitanic wrote:
2000AD wrote: Do you mean snswer this:

Same here. THe game was okay, but when (IF) you finish the campaigns, what else is there to do? Online? There's better games for that.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
Coaan wrote:
StarshipTitanic wrote: AOE 2: Age of Kings? Only one of the best RTS' ever made? For shame...

Same here. THe game was okay, but when (IF) you finish the campaigns, what else is there to do? Online? There's better games for that.
Apparantly with the editor you can make your own campaigns with enough patience but the beauty of making something like that is to have others play it, not yourself..

Online gameplay would be pointless without a top notch connection, when where and when you click counts...you need to have as little lag as possible.

It just didn't appeal...
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

My fave is still Tiberian Sun with the Darkworlds or TSGold mods. They give you more units to play with such as proper tanks and both sides having artillery. Makes the game a lot more fun and makes single unit rushes impossible. Fave trick? Using the mutant hijacker to steal everyone else's harvesters. Send a sacrificial unit to attack another harvester, watch him rush to defend it, and in the meantime I swipe his other harvester(s) and drive them back to my base.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Okay, this has died, so I'm gonna change topic a little:

What CnC mods do you recommend. ANy mod for any game, and links to websites help.
My Audioscrobbler

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

An excellent mod is the Eagle Red mod for RA2. Er...go to planetcnc...they have a link to eaglered's homepage.

Plus the official expansion set yuri's revenge is quite cool.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Rye wrote:An excellent mod is the Eagle Red mod for RA2. Er...go to planetcnc...they have a link to eaglered's homepage.

Plus the official expansion set yuri's revenge is quite cool.
YR is okay, but THAT DOESN'T COUNT! *slaps Rye around with a large trout* :P
My Audioscrobbler

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I always preferred the original C&C timeline over the Red Alert one. But then I'm just an awkward git like that. (oh, and the fact that RA sought 'balance' by being equally unbalanced in each of three areas didn't help either)

Mammoth Tanks were designed to be set against the Obelisk of Light, not alongside them.

Plus the cheesy cutscenes were delivered with far more gusto.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

phongn wrote:Odd, and you have the latest nVidia drivers ...
Yeah, as i said i search for new drivers every weekend.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten