Which Warcraft is better?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

WHich one?

Warcraft I
6%
Warcraft II
48%
Warcraft III
42%
NEver Played
3%
Straha you Jackass!
No votes

Total votes: 31

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Hethrir wrote:II by far. Since Starcraft, every RTS is crap.
BS, there's Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings for two good RTS games. StarCraft, being a better-than-average tactical simulator, is not a strategic game like those two above.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Warcraft II. Part 1 set the stage and part 3 caused cat calls while II stole the show. The best part of Warcraft III was the cut scenes. IMHO the story writters in III just watched and read Lord of the Rings and borrowed a lot of ideas. The Tree things the Night Elves used where the best example.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

The bad thing about three was that there were too many races to play, along with the fact that it blasted some continuity out the window. It would have been much better if it had been, say, Orcs and Humans unite to fighti the Undead, and then go back at each other before the jobs done.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

I have only played WCII and I prefer StarCraft bigtime.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Grand Admiral Ancaris
Jedi Knight

Post by Grand Admiral Ancaris »

Straha wrote:The bad thing about three was that there were too many races to play, along with the fact that it blasted some continuity out the window. It would have been much better if it had been, say, Orcs and Humans unite to fighti the Undead, and then go back at each other before the jobs done.
...... too many races??? well that's the first time I've ever heard that... and I find the whole concept bizzare. I always felt WCI and II were lacking due to too few races.
Grand Admiral Ancaris

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege." --- Unknown

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Lumps, for they are always angry and never subtle." ---Dalton

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." ---Euripides
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Uraniun235 wrote:See, that's why you have a little slider bar, so that the player can choose how he likes to play, rather than having it dictated to him by Blizzard. Player A's got a hot new rig with all the right options? Let him disable limits if he wants. Player B's still in the Dark Ages? Set the limit lower. Player A sets the limit high despite Player B's shit hardware? Player A is an asshole and Player B can find other people to play with.
Having more units would completely destroy game balance and turn WC3 into nothing more than the typical "mass something or other to win" RTS.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I think 2 was the best, 3 felt like a LOTR ripoff. And for a game which has what looks like Dagorlad level stuff in the start, the unit limit annoyed me.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

No RTS has been able to top Warcraft II`s soundtrack.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:No RTS has been able to top Warcraft II`s soundtrack.
AoK would have come close if they kept the music from the demo instead of replacing it with really stupid music in the full version
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion