ARGH!!! I HATE THIS SO MUCH!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Straha
Lord of the Spam

ARGH!!! I HATE THIS SO MUCH!

Post by Straha »

Not only was my ressurection of an old thread in this forum stopped before, but now in Homeworld I lost two missle destroyers, a support frigate, and numerous fighters in the Junkyard level, stunning background there by the way, but now in the mission after that the plan that is supposed to work according to the guide actually made things a whole lot worse. :evil: :evil:

could someone give me some advice here?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Re: ARGH!!! I HATE THIS SO MUCH!

Post by SirNitram »

Straha wrote:Not only was my ressurection of an old thread in this forum stopped before, but now in Homeworld I lost two missle destroyers, a support frigate, and numerous fighters in the Junkyard level, stunning background there by the way, but now in the mission after that the plan that is supposed to work according to the guide actually made things a whole lot worse. :evil: :evil:

Which level is after the Junkyard?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Re: ARGH!!! I HATE THIS SO MUCH!

Post by Straha »

SirNitram wrote:
Straha wrote:Not only was my ressurection of an old thread in this forum stopped before, but now in Homeworld I lost two missle destroyers, a support frigate, and numerous fighters in the Junkyard level, stunning background there by the way, but now in the mission after that the plan that is supposed to work according to the guide actually made things a whole lot worse. :evil: :evil:

Which level is after the Junkyard?
The one with the big sphere of ships, and teh massive gravity well generator in the center.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Okay, for the Junkyard Mission, I usually have some gravwell generators up. When the Dog comes out, I turn the gravwells on and kill the bastard with everything I have. You can then send a carrier all the way up above teh autoguns and then descend downwards to the office.

For the next mission, send a scout on evasive towards the sphere. Notice that some ICFs will attempt to chase it. Now is your chance, capture them all. As long as that scout is alive and onscreen (i.e. not docked) then they'll mindlessly pursue it. Repeat and rinse until you have so many ships they can't possibly win.

The other way is to cloak a bunch of ships and blow the thing in the center to pieces before they can kill you.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

phongn wrote:Okay, for the Junkyard Mission, I usually have some gravwell generators up. When the Dog comes out, I turn the gravwells on and kill the bastard with everything I have. You can then send a carrier all the way up above teh autoguns and then descend downwards to the office.
Sounds good, but do you think it might be possible to capture it?

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The Dog cannot be captured.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

phongn wrote:The Dog cannot be captured.
Oh, well. Off to replay that level then.

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

phongn wrote:Okay, for the Junkyard Mission, I usually have some gravwell generators up. When the Dog comes out, I turn the gravwells on and kill the bastard with everything I have. You can then send a carrier all the way up above teh autoguns and then descend downwards to the office.
Thanks muchly it worked really well, didn't use the carrier though as I see no reason for them.

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

My usual strategy is a cloaked fighter swarm above the junkyard, take out all the nearby autoguns and have a group on docking whilst you're doing that.

The next mission - you'll need at least 12 salvage corvettes and a scout and your carrier(s) in proximity to aid ship capture speed. The only trick to this level is patience and a group of proximities - as the cloaked heavy cruisers near the inhibitors are a bitch.

The sphere will usually break apart in groups of about 7 or 8, and theres over a hundred there, you're only limited by how long you're prepared to wait - if you have corvettes to spare then you could bag the carrier as well. Don't worry too much about the jump gates, they dont tend to be a problem as you can just redirect captured and normal fleet as needed.

It may look impressive and hard, but the missions is easy with patience.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie