Rantage coming up...STUPID BUTT-HOLE BRIDGE COMMANDER TARDS!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Rantage coming up...STUPID BUTT-HOLE BRIDGE COMMANDER TARDS!

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I am one of the seemingly few persons who plays Bridge Commander that knows about the Romulan infinite cloak trick:

Weapons: 0%
Engines: 125%
Sensors: 5%
Shields: 0% (duh, I'm cloaked)
Cloak on

That way I never have to come out unless I want to and when I do weapons goes to 125%. I decloak, snap on the tractor, shoot off all of my weapons, recloak. Anyway...

I pop into one of the few 1.1 games on the server and cloak upon entering and start to stalk people. There was someone who was flying the Ambassador so I was thinking Oh look, a moron. Time to die!and I go after him. Myself, with two other Warbirds using a similar tactic as my own, capture him in a pincer totally randomly and with my tractor on he dies, yay!. He comes back trashtalking the "pussies" who "learned tactics from their grandmother." Oh look, a big macho pussyboy who needs his spanking from Ma Warbird I think and constantly berate him with "pussy". He stops for whatever reason and I pounce, tractor and all. I knock out a shield section in one salvo (he's in the Vor'cha). His Galaxy buddies decide to pounce (BTW, my team was outnumbered) on me only but my shields and fantastic armor hold them off until I'm able to finish him off, him screaming all the way like a baby. Beautiful. So then we get into a debate:
"How do you expect me to win in a warbird without cloak"
"i dont care about cloak just the way u use it"
"Oh my GOD this is how it's supposed to be used, pussy!"
*Bans me*
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

CSS Crunchatise, Cap'n Crunch commanding :kill: Pussy-boy, sovvie-flying, BC tards.

Thank you.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

ROFLMAO!!!

Well that's the way you're SUPPOSED TO USE THE CLOAK!!!!! AAGGGHH!!!

What an idiot LOL
Image Image
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

REVENGE!

I met him again, getting a "pussy" in greeting. He was in an Ambassador. A beautiful thing happened, he did a big, lazy loop right in front of me! I instantly brought weapons up and captured him with my tractor (that thing is the shiznit, it stops nearly everything cold!) and blasted away. Only one of his teammates, a Bird of Prey, bothered attacking me and his weapons weren't powerful enough to touch me before the deed was done. He was blown apart in a few salvos and I laughed a hearty laugh!

HAIL THE CRUNCHATISE UNDER CAP'N CRUNCH!
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

You just reminded me i have bc. I decided to uninstall and reinstall (some mods were on that were seperate from BCMI and i didn't feel like fixing it so i just decided to clean slate it). Now i'm gonna go play a game or two using that trick. I'd figured out the infinite cloak trick but i didn't know that you could keep any system up so high while doing it.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Hmm. So if it's possible to infinite-cloak with a Warbird, exactly how are two Warbirds supposed to fight it out? :? Sounds like it'd be a waste of time. Also, what tactics are good against cloakable ships from non-cloakable ships?

Personally, I kinda miss Starfleet/Klingon Academy in that you could get an approximate bearing on a cloaked ship every now and then, but couldn't really do much of anything about it.

But then, I take issue with a lot about both games (moreso with Bridge Commander).
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Uraniun235 wrote:Hmm. So if it's possible to infinite-cloak with a Warbird, exactly how are two Warbirds supposed to fight it out? :? Sounds like it'd be a waste of time. Also, what tactics are good against cloakable ships from non-cloakable ships?

Personally, I kinda miss Starfleet/Klingon Academy in that you could get an approximate bearing on a cloaked ship every now and then, but couldn't really do much of anything about it.

But then, I take issue with a lot about both games (moreso with Bridge Commander).
I don't know, in KA I could generally nail a cloaked ship a few times with my weapons once I got a "sighting". Usually enough to force them to decloak. My opponents hated my "death charge" tactic, where I'd go full speed for my opponent all guns blazing, if I took them out before we impacted all well and good. If not, then chalk up another one for the great Klingon Kamikaze campaign.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

darthdavid wrote:You just reminded me i have bc. I decided to uninstall and reinstall (some mods were on that were seperate from BCMI and i didn't feel like fixing it so i just decided to clean slate it). Now i'm gonna go play a game or two using that trick. I'd figured out the infinite cloak trick but i didn't know that you could keep any system up so high while doing it.
Just don't use that nasty "1.2" addon, blech. So unbalanced and robs the real players of people to play with. ;)

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Uraniun235 wrote:Hmm. So if it's possible to infinite-cloak with a Warbird, exactly how are two Warbirds supposed to fight it out? :? Sounds like it'd be a waste of time. Also, what tactics are good against cloakable ships from non-cloakable ships?
Wait for another ship to come? I never said it's good for dueling. :D Hmm, a non-feddy ship has an ok chance against a Warbird and if everyone in the game can team up against them (Assuming it's melee) eventually the guy will get damaged beyond repair. The Kessock Heavy are good because of their huge line of fire with those powerful beams. Thing is, some people can't live without their uber Soverign or Akira... :roll:.

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Ahhh Bridge Commander. Otherwise known as Star Trek Bumper Cars.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Vympel wrote:Ahhh Bridge Commander. Otherwise known as Star Trek Bumper Cars.
Ahhh, my favorite strategy for the shuttle...

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Hey darthdavid, what's your name?

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Surely the tactic against this kind of attack would be to turn it on the user (would require teamwork)...

Just have a nice 'sitting duck' waiting to be caught, and another cloaked ship waiting to clamp onto and pound into the ambusher...
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Vendetta wrote:Surely the tactic against this kind of attack would be to turn it on the user (would require teamwork)...

Just have a nice 'sitting duck' waiting to be caught, and another cloaked ship waiting to clamp onto and pound into the ambusher...
It happens, but I wait until the other ship (typically a BoP) gets bored and goes off to do other stuff. These particular gamers have a short attention span.