Anyone remember Waldo, Sensa, and Iris ???

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Anyone remember Waldo, Sensa, and Iris ???

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I found a site on the web where you can play the old infocom games via a telnet session. Im not sure if I can post think, since it might violate the policy of the board. But I do personally own the Infocom Treasures collectoin so "technically" I think its okay for me to play. Even though my copies wont load on any modern machine.

Anyhoo, I never did solve Suspended, I could never figure out how to get through the acid leak, but now I figured it out.

I still dont like Poet that much, the dude must have been made in Berkeley. :wink:
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Is that website licensed to do this? Is the game in the public domain?
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

phongn wrote:Is that website licensed to do this? Is the game in the public domain?
Zork 1, 2, and 3 are in the public domain. The other infocom games are still property of Activision if I recall correctly. They put out a collectors edition with all the games oh, maybe 7-8 years ago. I bought it, but it wont run on Win2K.

They guy has the same edition, but he figured out how to run all of them over a telnet session on a BSD box.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The legalities are iffy, so I ask that you refrain from posting the link.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

phongn wrote:The legalities are iffy, so I ask that you refrain from posting the link.
Roger...roger...

I forgot how much writing you do playing the old style games where you create your own maps with pencil and paper.