CS Darkstar?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

CS Darkstar?

Post by thecreech »

I was playing counter strike just last night when a guy named Darkstar joined the server. I tried to question him on who he was but he never answered me. I don't think that there could be another guy with that name. Anyone ever run into him on CS.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

It is highly unlikely that its the same person. FYI there was a rather popular fan made mod called USS Darkstar for Half-Life.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Alyeska wrote:It is highly unlikely that its the same person. FYI there was a rather popular fan made mod called USS Darkstar for Half-Life.
Ahh thanks for clearing that up
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

It was kind of funny... a n00b posted on a message board with the username "Dark Star" and I said, "You wouldn't happen to be Robert Scott Anderson, would you?" and somebody said "OMFG, why are you spying on him!". :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

It's a give and take - the name is hardly trademarked by the guy (although I wouldn't put it past him to yell that everyone who uses it is trying to defame him in some way).

Myself, I've come across dozens of 'Darkstar' and Darkstar-related screen names in my time.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

I'm sure someone said to me that "DarkStar" was a brand name for some skater related stuff or something....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Darkstar is a movie.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Didn't someone, (Likely Einhander with OMFG and many explanation points in the title) post a link to a forum filled with people using the name Darkstar and variations of it once?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956