Thoughts on Morrowind

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Thoughts on Morrowind

Post by Coaan »

Just got ahold of Morrowind with the tribunal addon pack, having played morrowind...I was impressed, the original did lack alot of things though..which they looked to have addressed in Tribunal...is there anyone else out here that has opinions on it?
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

They really fucked up with the difficulty levels. I mean in the whole game. Even Tribunal is a problem because after NOT escalating for levels and levels, you suddenly have a little goblin that can kick your ass while his dog munches on your head.

Other than that, fucking awesome game. I love the editing tools, already have a couple of plugins made.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Slartibartfast wrote:They really fucked up with the difficulty levels. I mean in the whole game. Even Tribunal is a problem because after NOT escalating for levels and levels, you suddenly have a little goblin that can kick your ass while his dog munches on your head.

Other than that, fucking awesome game. I love the editing tools, already have a couple of plugins made.
What level did you have the difficulty slider set at?....but yeah...you really need to level alot if you ever want to get anywhere and survive at the same time...
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I've always found trying to play through the game with new chars is hard, because I need Tribunal active for most of the plugins I'm running, and that assassin attacks you randomly... at level 1, you tend to die...

But, minor flaws aside,

BEST RPG EVER.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

Morrowind is the best RPG ever, followed by Daggerfall.

I have the Xbox version, so no expansion packs until they release the "gold" version late summer :(
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

Bloodmoon is about a week away! Fuck, yeah! :D
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

I have only played the original MW. Liked it but it was a bit to
easy to get very powerfull with lots of enchanted stuff. I personaly
like the more detailed gothic series better.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I loved it. Once you get skilled though, you get REALLY skilled. And I mean FAST.

I maxed out my level and every single one of my skills. I haven't finished Tribunal- but it's dead easy regardless.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Hethrir
Jedi Master

Post by Hethrir »

I found once i got my char good, he severely kicked the ass of everything in sight and the game was easy after that.