Space Empires V

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Get Space Empires IV or wait for V?

Poll ended at 2003-06-23 09:04pm

Get IV its awesome! Get V too.
58%
Wait for V.
No votes
How should I know?
42%

Total votes: 12

Nova Andromeda
Jedi Master

Space Empires V

Post by Nova Andromeda »

--Space Empires V, http://www.conacopia.com/news.php?story=67, is comming out later this year. Should I wait for it or get Space Empires IV now?
Nova Andromeda
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Malfador's site hasn't been updated.

God damn it! I want to see V!
:D
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Starfury sounds excellent :D
Image Image
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Get the demo of SE4, and then decide whether you like it enough to buy it. :)
Nova Andromeda
Jedi Master

Post by Nova Andromeda »

--The report I had read was mistaken. Space Empires V doesn't come out until December of 2004. I received this info. directly from Aaron in his reply to a few questions I have. You got to love developers who find the time to reply to complete strangers :lol:
-This means I will be buying IV now.

P.S. -- I already downloaded the demo. and quickly realized a manual would
be extremely helpful.
Nova Andromeda
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Nova Andromeda wrote:--The report I had read was mistaken. Space Empires V doesn't come out until December of 2004. I received this info. directly from Aaron in his reply to a few questions I have. You got to love developers who find the time to reply to complete strangers :lol:
-This means I will be buying IV now.

P.S. -- I already downloaded the demo. and quickly realized a manual would
be extremely helpful.
It looks more complicated than it is. It's deep, but simple. I got the hang of it after 20 minutes or so.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

I've been playing the SEIV demo for a while now. I currently have managed to get every empire I know pissed off at me. I'm starting to feel a bit directionless at about this time - I have my shipyards pumping out warships and my fleets stationed at border jump points, but I don't feel like I'm going anywhere. I don't want to play a military game, but I have my hands full with the military situation, and that hasn't really helped my colonization efforts. I've already directed my ministers towards taking over all non-military tasks, but I feel like I should be giving them more direction than "build colony ships, make colonies".

Are there any good strategies anyone here has come up with, or maybe a good website with this sort of thing?
That's the wrong way to tickle Mary, that's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that, over here lad, they like it best like this!
Hooray, pour les français! Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know how to tickle Mary, but we learnt how, over there!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

You'll need the full game for the required number of turns but there are quite a few strategies that you could employ. It all depends on your victory conditions.

My favorite is to destroy the rest of the galaxy with cloaked ships carrying stellar nucleonic bombs.

Make as many of them as required (you may need a ring world or a sphere world to give you enough resources to pull it off).
Give them quantum reactors so that they don't need to be resupplied. Also give them cloaking devices and aforementioned bombs.
Cloak them, put one in every system except for one of your own.
Once they are all in position, flip the switch and end quadrillions of lives in a single turn. :twisted:
:D