[TGOD - Part 2] Beware The Gnomes...

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

NecronLord wrote:There is only one way past the wall of ignorance. "Load the Kellian/Ossus bomb! The WoI will note that Darkstar's ball licker has arrived and allow the bomb to pass. Then the Ossus component will be beyond the WoI and destroy the darkstars with ease." shouts NecronLord at a minion.
*The Gnomish ship, easily able to control the level of Darkstar AL or Wong L in their shields, regulates them so the Kallin component is shattered by Wong's logic, and Ossus's logic is shattered by Darkstar's anti-logic*

And now you will die, feeble one.

*TheGnomania's Pride, Deep Freeze, Wongite, and Midget Death power up their prototype L/AL reactors. The gridfire cannons hum to life as a deadly red glow emminates from their tips--*

OPERATION WARRIOR FOR LOGIC, ASSAULT NUMBER TWO, REGULATE L/AL CONTAINMENT FIELDS, STABILIZE FIELD PROJECTORS, COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION...FIRE!

*--the harsh red light of the gridfires are released like a furious beast from the bellies of those four ships, slamming into NecronLord's fleet and fragmenting their powerful warships with enough energy to smash the Multiverse. Thousands are flash-fried instantly as the shields and armor are literally blown away, melting through all its components--and inhabitants--in a furious barrage of L/AL powered death*

*The blinding light clears, the enemy fleet is gone. Incinerated by the beam, yet another foe falls at the gates of Gnomania this day*

HAIL GNOMAGE!
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:HAIL GNOMAGE!
You forgot the DINK DINK! :!:

That's it, I'm hiring a speechwriter!
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote: *TheGnomania's Pride, Deep Freeze, Wongite, and Midget Death power up their prototype L/AL reactors. The gridfire cannons
Y'know there's other stuff than the culture out there to draw from.

hum to life as a deadly red glow emminates from their tips--*

OPERATION WARRIOR FOR LOGIC, ASSAULT NUMBER TWO, REGULATE L/AL CONTAINMENT FIELDS, STABILIZE FIELD PROJECTORS, COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION...FIRE!

*--the harsh red light of the gridfires are released like a furious beast from the bellies of those four ships, slamming into NecronLord's fleet and fragmenting their powerful warships with enough energy to smash the Multiverse. Thousands are flash-fried instantly as the shields and armor are literally blown away, melting through all its components--and inhabitants--in a furious barrage of L/AL powered death*

*The blinding light clears, the enemy fleet is gone. Incinerated by the beam, yet another foe falls at the gates of Gnomania this day*

HAIL GNOMAGE!
Snoring, NecronLord is awakened by a minion on the lead warTARDIS (which are still dematerialised and therefore didn't sustain any damage, even then they exist in a pocket dimension tweaked so that only the TARDIS' own firepower will work)

"What is it?" he asked.
"The gnomes are not even reading your posts and therefore think that we are A) still there and B) In ships that are vunerable to weapons m'lord."
"Really" said NecronLord "Their inferior cranial capacity must cause them significant brain damage. Apparently they are unable to grasp that I had previously dematerialised this fleet. I wonder what they thought had happened"
"I do not know Lord, however they have fired 'multiverse snashing' blasts. Conservation of Mass/Energy dictates that the multiverse be destroyed by this."
"Fools. They have doomed themselves."
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Darth Garden Gnome

NecronLord wrote:Y'know there's other stuff than the culture out there to draw from.
Too bad I haven't read any of it.
"What is it?" he asked.
"The gnomes are not even reading your posts and therefore think that we are A) still there and B) In ships that are vunerable to weapons m'lord."
"Really" said NecronLord "Their inferior cranial capacity must cause them significant brain damage. Apparently they are unable to grasp that I had previously dematerialised this fleet. I wonder what they thought had happened"
And yet your most recent post since this one:

"The TARDISes continue firing hopelessly against the gnomish sheilds.

There is only one way past the wall of ignorance. "Load the Kellian/Ossus bomb! The WoI will note that Darkstar's ball licker has arrived and allow the bomb to pass. Then the Ossus component will be beyond the WoI and destroy the darkstars with ease." shouts NecronLord at a minion." -NecronLord

It is irrelevent. My ships fire on all levels of the multiverse; your pocket dimensions, and any other dimension, for that matter, are still effected.
"I do not know Lord, however they have fired 'multiverse snashing' blasts. Conservation of Mass/Energy dictates that the multiverse be destroyed by this."
LOGIC dictates that the conservation of mass/energy destroy the Multiverse. Which is, of course, why a helpful dose of anti-logic dispersion along all planes of the Multiverse prevent this.

DINK DINK! (I don't need no stinkin' speech writer!) HAIL GNOMAGE!
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

HO-LY SHIT! Damn.... gone a week and.... 10 pages?!?!?!?!

ANyway:

*The TC-AC-SSD-Wongite and the Gnomish Space Navy hyperjump into the TGOD, quickly fire on everything that doesn't look like a friend (not doing any major damage), and then hyperjump out, going, umm, out of the battle (OOC, right?)*

I will let the experienced ones deal with this battle.

Until called on,
Mitth

EDIT: Minor site update here. It's still in progress, but it's going to be pretty much just a list of noteworthy posts from the SEGNOR members. So far it's just stuff from DGG detailing... whatever he is talking about at the time, but that will change, i hope.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Darth Garden Gnome

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:HO-LY SHIT! Damn.... gone a week and.... 10 pages?!?!?!?!
Yes well we've been very busy. First we had to hand Darksider his ass, and then Nitram and I started yelling at each other, and then NecronLord's head got a new job as a trophy in the Statesmen's Room.

Very busy indeed.
ANyway:

*The TC-AC-SSD-Wongite and the Gnomish Space Navy hyperjump into the TGOD, quickly fire on everything that doesn't look like a friend (not doing any major damage), and then hyperjump out, going, umm, out of the battle (OOC, right?)*

Until called on,
Mitth
Awww, you should stick around! I'm sure you'll catch up on things. There's not really much to follow. Just shoot the enemy 'till he's dead, mostly.

EDIT: Minor site update here. It's still in progress, but it's going to be pretty much just a list of noteworthy posts from the SEGNOR members. So far it's just stuff from DGG detailing... whatever he is talking about at the time, but that will change, i hope.
Kickass stuff! It needs a link back to the homepage, but otherwise keep it up. Soon people will be flocking to this website from all corners of the universe. As a matter of fact, I'm currently writing up the history of the Gnomish Empire; I'll be sure to PM you with it when I'm finished.

DINK DINK! HAIL MITTH! HAIL GNOMAGE!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:DINK DINK! (I don't need no stinkin' speech writer!) HAIL GNOMAGE!
You're the boss. Just remember the DINK DINK! and I'll be happy. :)

As for battles, I leave it up to you and the others. I haven't read much of this yet (the nifty Culture stuff) so I can't get much. Maybe when my imagination comes back to me I'll have more.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:HO-LY SHIT! Damn.... gone a week and.... 10 pages?!?!?!?!
Yes well we've been very busy. First we had to hand Darksider his ass, and then Nitram and I started yelling at each other, and then NecronLord's head got a new job as a trophy in the Statesmen's Room.

Very busy indeed.
I think I saw darksider duck out a few pages back, but then he seemed to change his mind and come back... oh well, he's gone now.
ANyway:

Until called on,
Mitth
Awww, you should stick around! I'm sure you'll catch up on things. There's not really much to follow. Just shoot the enemy 'till he's dead, mostly.
Well, I might do a little...
*Gnomish Space Navy goes to READINESS LEVEL-3 (weapons and shields being prepared for use, ships get ready to move -- in other words, the ships power up and come out of maintence/storage modes)*
Kickass stuff! It needs a link back to the homepage, but otherwise keep it up. Soon people will be flocking to this website from all corners of the universe. As a matter of fact, I'm currently writing up the history of the Gnomish Empire; I'll be sure to PM you with it when I'm finished.
Cool, gnomish empire history. I think we need to... nm, I'll PM you.
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:DINK DINK! HAIL MITTH! HAIL GNOMAGE!
I am hailed... thank you! :D :D :D

EDIT:
RogueIce wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:DINK DINK! (I don't need no stinkin' speech writer!) HAIL GNOMAGE!
You're the boss. Just remember the DINK DINK! and I'll be happy. :)

As for battles, I leave it up to you and the others. I haven't read much of this yet (the nifty Culture stuff) so I can't get much. Maybe when my imagination comes back to me I'll have more.
Hrm, that Culture stuff would be useful to me also. Any good places to start anyone?
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

NecronLord wrote: "What is it?" he asked.
LMAO :lol: I'm almost tempted to let this one pass just for the hilariousness of it :lol:

RogueIce and Thrawn, read the sticky on the Culture in the Other Sci Fi forum :)
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

I think we're better off borrowing from ST for this one. We can generate some technobabble spatial anomaly to trap their spatial anomalies in :D

Oh, and no need to delve into advanced L/AL mechanics yet, our conventional weapons are enough to deal with a silly little bomb 8)
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

JodoForce wrote:Oh, and no need to delve into advanced L/AL mechanics yet, our conventional weapons are enough to deal with a silly little bomb 8)
Logic/Anti-Logic needs explanation for me too... Reality/Un-Reality I think i get, but L/AL is confusing...

/me crawls back to his hole, finishing up the Thrawn Trilogy, one of many books he bought this summer (i've read all 3 Thrawn books before, just never owned them)
My Audioscrobbler

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Anget Fisher wrote:As Anget Fisher watches from the cockpit of his ship, the Wraith a space freighter heavily modifed for space combat. He says to himself, after reading the comm chatter, " WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" He decides to stockpile weapons to arm rebel cells, in case the Gnome Empire falls.
A HAB garbage scow noticed the ill armed freighter and promptly vaporized it using its laser rangefinder.
it wasn't a Federation freighter!!
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

PRIVATE TRANSMISSION MITT84563-ANGE0612 (SECURE CONNECTION - 581609710924****)

Fisher, you know that, although you are a valued part of SEGNOR, you will never be acknowledged on any of our records, and if you are caught, all knowlede of you will be denied. I understand your part in the team, but I, nor the rest of the SEGNOR members (or at least the few senior ones that know about you), will ever publically acknowledge that you exist, so don't feel too left out when you aren't on the website.

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
My Audioscrobbler

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Continues to work in his lab.* WHAT!? There has to be a way that I can get around that annoying Darkstar thing!
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Garden Gnome

Captain_Cyran wrote:*Continues to work in his lab.* WHAT!? There has to be a way that I can get around that annoying Darkstar thing!
Your tiny itty-bitty brain cannot possibly comprehend the mass density of Darkstar's skull (we had to install a gravitational neutralizer on it so it didn't collapse into a black hole for chrissakes) let alone his anti-logic.

PRIVATE TRANSMISSION DGG84972-ANGE0612 (SECURE CONNECTION - 581609710924****)

Cheif of Espionoge Agent Fisher, welcome back into the circle. I hope your trip into enemy territory was sucsessful. I am aware that Gnome Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes Mitth'raw'nuruodo has sent you a secure line confirming the fact that you do not exist, and this is true. Should you ever be caught or captured in the line of duty, SEGNOR will publically and officially deny that you have ever been affiliated with our orginization. But do not fret, we still will be in contact should you ever need assitance in your objective (beyond unreasonable exposure of Gnomish forces, thus blowing your cover) with any and all supplies availible within the code of conduct when in enemy territory.

That being said, good luck, and godspeed!
P.S. If you have any problems with the above feel free to PM me, BTW.

END TRANSMISSION
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

PRIVATE TRANSMISSION MITT84563-DGG84972 (TOP-LEVEL SECURE CONNECTION - 394858190051****)

DGG-

I believe it is time to set up system of government. We have passed the point of a small revolution and gained a real foothold in the SD.net BBS. PM me (using the BBS PM) if you are interested.

END TRANSMISSION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEGNOR TRANSMISSION MITT84563-SEGNOR (UNSECURE CONNECTION)

I have just recommended to DGG that we set up a system of government. If anyone has any objections, please post them here. Otherwise, I will get back to you all with the details

END TRANSMISSION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I know I could have just left the private DGG transmission there for all to see, but I added the SEGNOR post so all members of SEGNOR would officially know.
My Audioscrobbler

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Wheee..... Since I seem to be the only Gnome awake at 1 AM EST, I updated the website:

The oldMIsc. Info page has been replaced with THIS!. The old page is still on the server (click the first link to see it), but the new one is the official Misc. Info site, until i change it agian...

Mitth
My Audioscrobbler

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

*looks at all the gnomes*... OK.....how th hell did I wind up on Oz???
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Typhonis 1 wrote:*looks at all the gnomes*... OK.....how th hell did I wind up on Oz???
You are not on Oz, and confusing us with those disgusting midgets is usually an offense punishable by death, but you didn't know that, so I'll let it slide this time....

EDIT: This is off-subject, but i try not to double post:

SITE UPDATED!!!!
Gnomish History by Darth Garden Gnome - ALL SEGNOR MEMBERS SHOULD READ
Home Page - search around, I have changed stuff a little... check out Misc. Info, if you havent already.
My Audioscrobbler

JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
JodoForce wrote:Oh, and no need to delve into advanced L/AL mechanics yet, our conventional weapons are enough to deal with a silly little bomb 8)
Logic/Anti-Logic needs explanation for me too... Reality/Un-Reality I think i get, but L/AL is confusing...
Let me dig up the relevant post for you... :)

on page 14
JodoForce wrote: *Unbeknownst to Cyran, JodoForce escapes the alternate dimension using his instant teleport ability, which can instantly take him to any position in any dimension where ki is sensed*

JodoForce appears in Short Gnomish Research Facility of Studliness(tm), where the captured Darkstar is under interrogation.

After maiming and mutiliating thousands of physics textbooks horribly (we are cruel :twisted: ) we have fathomed the illogic of Darkstar.

FEAR US! :twisted:

And now, presenting the fruits of GNOMICON's finest researchers!

1. Dimension Nullifier

Nullifies the effect of all alternate dimensions by punching right through to emerge on the other side in normal space.

2. (DINK DINK!) the Logic / Anti-Logic field

Powered by the unstoppable anti-logic of Darkstar, it allows Gnomish troops to get their way at all times by dispelling illogical magical spells on one hand and ignoring logical constraints on the other hand :twisted:

Using the L/AL field, the R/UR field projectors are shrunk such that every member of the Gnomish Horde now carries one :twisted:

JodoForce's space suit, of course, is now equipped with the Dimension Nullifier, R/UR field AND the L/AL field. :twisted:

JodoForce teleports to behind Cyran's back again, and, after activating the dimension nullifier and the L/AL field, fires an energy blast to obliterate Cyran :twisted: Then he nullifies Cyran's mind tricks on the gnomes. Regular gnomish troopers and gnomish chicks once again present a unified front against Darksider.

Freshly trained and equipped Gnomish marines arrive, atomizing enemy forces with DBZ-level energy blasts, preventing them from multiplying from their corpses :evil: Then they race towards Darksider to join the Gnomish orgy on his ankles :twisted:

Meanwhile, JodoForce commandeers a small Gnomish fighter and begins to teleport onto the bridge of every enemy capship to blow them into bits :twisted:

DINK DINK! HAIL GNOMAGE!! :twisted:
Darkstar deflector shields
Utilizes the power of Darkstar's illogical defensive power--just as Darkstar can get his ass kicked from here to Sunday, get 7 kinds of shit kicked out of him, and remain completely unharmed, ready to continue to drive us nuts, a ship with Darkstar deflector shields is basically immune to any attack :P

(that's where the vulnerability to the Kellian / Ossus bomb comes in--since the Darkstar shield utilizes pure anti-logic, it seems to be vulnerable to attacks with an illogical component that the Darkstar shield accepts and lets through... however DGG apparently decided to plug up the gap with the L/AL field :P )

Really, I think the K/O bomb WILL work, IF it gets through our other defences :P

Alas, the post where I first dreamed it up has been wiped out :evil:
Last edited by JodoForce on 2003-05-31 02:56am, edited 1 time in total.
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Question :?:

If you blow up the physical correlate of a TARDIS (e.g. Dr. Who's phone booth) does that destroy the TARDIS? :? How about if you let loose a blast from within the artificial interior?
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

Hey Mitth, I may be leading the army for now, but the marines and capship-busting spacesuits are what I'm all about! :D I train them to make DBZ-level blasts and go at lightspeed and all :P and I wear this top-model marine spacesuit with R/UR, L/AL fields and gridfire rifle and everything :P

And I nominate this post to be put in the Gnomish history books :P
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=386
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

JodoForce wrote:Hey Mitth, I may be leading the army for now, but the marines and capship-busting spacesuits are what I'm all about! :D I train them to make DBZ-level blasts and go at lightspeed and all :P and I wear this top-model marine spacesuit with R/UR, L/AL fields and gridfire rifle and everything :P

And I nominate this post to be put in the Gnomish history books :P
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=386
for the first part, you will have to talk to DGG and RougeICE. The second, it will go in "noteworthy posts" later.... too tired now... sleeeeeeeeep.... *snore*
My Audioscrobbler

JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

I think DGG needs to give some leeway to our enemies and let them taste success every now and then--or we'll drive them all away and there'll be nobody to fight with :P
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

To tell the truth, I don't think Gridfire will do the job... :?

*Now acting as head Gnomish scientist, JodoForce ponders the situation. The space war is at a stalemate as the odd Gnomish ship's L/AL reactor overloads and is overwhelmed by the warTARDISes' attack--although thanks to the Darkstar deflector shields, this only brings a moment of disorientation to the crew :P--while some warTARDISes, although incredibly resistant to physical attack of any level, nevertheless succumb to the multiverse-bending power of the L/AL-powered Gridfire cannons--yet do not seem to actually fall out of the battlefield, er, because they are close to indestructible too :?

In the Short Gnomish Research Facility of Studliness, Gnomish scientists are studying the subspace weapons of Star Trek in a quarantined dimension. Watching the very fabric of the dimension being ripped apart, we try to think of a way to increase its power to multiverse-damaging levels...

Amazingly, we discover that the most efficient way to deliver the subspace damage of the weapon is to embed the subspace disrupter in a physical object and swing it around as quickly as possible. Even using this delivery mechanism, however, the weapon needs to obtain a speed of 0.99c to disrupt every obscure dimension of the multiverse.

That is easy enough to achieve with my superhuman strength :twisted:

We forge the first prototype weapon...

Wielding the Stubby Gnomish Club of Meta-Destruction :D, wearing my full combat spacesuit, I DBZ-teleport to the nearest warTARDIS and clubbed down at it as hard as I could. As the Club smashes onto the flying war phone-booth, the zillion dimensions of the multiverse were bunched together at that point in space, then knotted, shredded so completely that the warTARDIS and the space around it lost all coherence--it may not have exploded or anything, but good luck finding your way out :twisted: I power away immediately using my UR thrusters.

I jump to the next warTARDIS, club smashing down... :twisted:

Having got news of the success of the prototype weapon, the Short Gnomish Research Facility of Studliness sends the plans to the Gnomish Production Facility, where clubs will be produced for the 10,000-strong Gnome-DBZ marines in a Gnomish week. They'll probably need another week to practise their swing though... :P (first guy outside GNOMICON to find out how long a gnomish week is gets a gnomish cookie :P )

Of course, the club is also good for smashing any non-transdimensional constructs into teeny itty bits :twisted:

DINK DINK! HAIL GNOMAGE! :D