Enter the Matrix PC Game

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Enter the Matrix PC Game

Post by Faram »

Anyone tested this yet?

I don't want to buy yet another lame move to game conversion.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

I rented the Gamecube version of the game. The game is pretty awesome, but the graphics and especially the control should be quite a bit better on PC. I looked at the PC gamebox today when I went to buy Vice City, and it looks better than on Gamecube.

About the game, it's cool. Straightforward, enticing, and fun. Some of the movements look really funny, especially climbing ladders and fences. Also, when Ghost runs, it looks pretty silly. But it affords lots of kickass gun and hth fights.
One thing I thought was slightly lame is that though you have the choice of being either Ghost or Niobe on the missions, they do the same exact things, which leads you to wonder which way "really" happened. Granted, they take different routes, but they achieve the same objectives. For example, on the first mission, where you have to get the last transmission of the Osiris, one person has to go get it while the other has to do some other stuff. If you choose to play as Ghost, they drive up to the building, and Ghost volunteers to go in. If you choose to play as Niobe, she volunteers to go in. Your operator chooses different routes for you to suit the different styles (Niobe is more hth, Ghost is a gunslinger), but you do the same thing. I would have preferred if the two had entirely seperate missions; it would have given the game more depth.

The fighting is pretty awesome, it's not hard to keep the battles fresh and interesting. You can choose to go in straight up and just shoot people casually as you go through, you can rush everybody and punch/kick them to death, or you can mix it up with bullettime and get real pretty.

The game is definitely worth playing. At the very least, rent the game for your console, or rent it and play it on a friend's console if you don't have one. I don't have it for PC yet, but come next paycheck, that'll be remedied.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I played it on PS2. Fun game and definitely worth at least a play, despite the problems already mentioned.

However, I should warn you that so far there have been quite a few mentions of people that have trouble even installing and playing the game, or getting decent frame rates at the Atari company forum.

If you want to get the PC version you should be aware of that.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I've rented it for GC and gameplay and story wise it kicks ass. Sometimes it gets annoying, like if you don't like Car Chases(so far there has been only one though) and the part I'm stuck at now I have to gaurd Hamel, he goes down in about three shots and 6 seconds and in that time you have to take out tow guys with a sniper rifle, I think I can do it, but I kept going down the stairs when I tried to aim. Also, I like how they did the bending reality. You have a focus meter, which slows down time, and allows you to do the special moves like long jumps, wall running the really cool fighting and dodging, etc. And its about the only way to hit an agent, but if you use it too much it runs out, so you have to be careful.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

Hmmmm Master of Orion 3, Matrix, Warcraft 3, choices choices.......
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

x-box version

Post by Death from the Sea »

Ok, I bought the X-Box version today and I LOVE this game. Right now I am playing the game with Ghost and I am stuck on the second helicopter/boss stage where the Agent has the minigun. So if anyone has any good tips there please feel free to tell them.

As for the game itself I am superbly impressed, they filmed extra parts for this movie so that the some cut scenes are live action sequences. The HtH is amazingly like the movie, I highly reccomend the X-Box version.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Uh, blow up the helicopter instead of trying to shoot the agent?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

That reminds me, there's a Matrix Moves mod for Unreal Tournament... it throws a real twist into deathmatches when you can double-jump up to the next floor, or suddenly dash up the wall...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Starscream wrote:Hmmmm Master of Orion 3, Matrix, Warcraft 3, choices choices.......
For your own good, stay the fuck away from Master of Orion 3 :!:
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

All right, I just beat it as Ghost. By about half way through the game, it had gotten so awesome that you forget about the crappy parts. Though, the crappiest parts end up being the carchase levels; they're just crazy.

The story kicks ass, and it adds a lot of revelations to the Reloaded storyline. Plus, more Smith and Keymaker (they're my favorites). Oh yeah, and Ghost is a motherfucking badass.

Plus, at the end, there's an extended trailer for Revolutions, better than the one at the end of Reloaded.

So get this game, everybody!
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Robert Treder wrote: Oh yeah, and Ghost is a motherfucking badass.
Damn right he is :D

Smith is cool to..

"Damn not who I was looking for."
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

neoolong wrote:Uh, blow up the helicopter instead of trying to shoot the agent?
Tougher than it sounds, I don't think there is a pattern the 'copter makes in it's attacks, it just appears and disappears where ever it can get a shot off on you. I can get its energy to about half before it kills me, that damn mini gun is dead accurate.(BTW have you played that part of the game?) it is so very fustrating :evil:
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I took Niobe path, and had to fight the Agent on the cargo plane, beat him down and knocked him off but fell off with him, right as I gained more focus. Damnit, got him the second time though. Right now I'm running like fuck from Smith through the skyscraper.

I love how this game uses live action scene in substatution for some cutscenes.

*SPOILER*

Seeing how Ghost players don't really get this scene(probly), they recreate the Neo kissing Persephone scene, in live action.

Except....

Replace Neo with Niobi!
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Hades
Jedi Knight

Post by Hades »

played the game on the PS2 yesterday (going to see reloaded tomo and wanted to get all the plot bits sorted in my head) and i would definatly recomend it to everyone

Going into focus (bullet time game playing for anyone who didnt know) is absolutly brilliant
If at first you dont succeed.... destroy all evidence you ever tried
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

anarchistbunny wrote:
Seeing how Ghost players don't really get this scene(probly), they recreate the Neo kissing Persephone scene, in live action.

Except....

Replace Neo with Niobi!
And there was much rejoicing *has beaten it with both characters*
Lucifer Morningstar
Redshirt

Post by Lucifer Morningstar »

Starscream wrote:Hmmmm Master of Orion 3, Matrix, Warcraft 3, choices choices.......
No Question: Warcraft 3.
That game just plain ROCKS!

MoO3 is really... really... really... gah!
MoO2 is MUCH better!
Lucifer: "The End of Predestination. The End of Tyranny."
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

I do so love disarming SWATs and killing them with their own gun :D

Or knocking them to the floor and kicking them halfway across the room.

I actually found my first fight with the Agent quite easy, ok, wasn't gonna kill him, but knocked him down a lot, got in a lot of hits. Still, one kick and he would send me flying :D
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

anyone try to fight the agent on the rooftops when you are trying to get to the phone early in the game? I did and he handed me my ass. Later in the cargo plane with Niobe though he is easier.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I've fought him with both characters. Much easier with Niobe thanks to her Focus throw.. makes it easier to knock the bastard off the roof.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Death from the Sea wrote:anyone try to fight the agent on the rooftops when you are trying to get to the phone early in the game? I did and he handed me my ass. Later in the cargo plane with Niobe though he is easier.

That son of a bitch. Emptied two clips into him in Focus while he was still jumping down to you and only hit the wall.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Death from the Sea wrote:anyone try to fight the agent on the rooftops when you are trying to get to the phone early in the game? I did and he handed me my ass. Later in the cargo plane with Niobe though he is easier.

That son of a bitch. Emptied two clips into him in Focus while he was still jumping down to you and only hit the wall.
yeah those agents are slippery little bastards aren't they.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

It's even more impressive when you go into focuse and dump a full drum into him with the auto-shotty.. and he dodges EVERY FRIGGIN ROUND!

Though it was fun getting some measure of payback by taking the grenade launcher to Smith :twisted:
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I got luckey and Focus-kicked him off the roof.

I was playing PS3 version though so that may explain my "Good luck"
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

The certain scene where they replace Neo with Niobe makes the game worth it...
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:The certain scene where they replace Neo with Niobe makes the game worth it...
yes, that was ...... niiiiiiiiiiiiice :twisted: