GTA:Vice City soundtrack: missing songs.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

GTA:Vice City soundtrack: missing songs.

Post by 2000AD »

Which songs do you think should have been included but weren't?
Please remember it's set in the 80's
(This only applies to the PS2 version as the PC will have the MP3 radio staton)

Mine are:
Bohemain rhapsody - Queen. It's a driving game with a rock station. COME ON!

Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf. It's a driving game with a rock station AND Harley Davidsons! COME ON!

An entire Classical music channel. Driving round commiting mass crimes while listening to smooth classical music was one of the funniest things in GTA3 IMO. Plus it was a bit Godfather-ish.

The GTA theme. It's got a pirate radio hip hop station and it's a GTA game, how could they not put it in? (and i know it was in the load up screen but that's not good enough!)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Let's Dance, Under Pressure, and China Girl come to mind.

But what I absolutley hate is that I cannot find the soundtrack for the Public Radio station ANYWHERE!!
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Mr. Roboto and One Night In Bangkok come to mind.

Speaking of which, I reserved a copy of the PC version. I should stop over there today or tomorrow to pick it up. :D
By His Word...
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Actually, keep in mind that GTA:VC is set in 1986, so you can't mention anything that was released after that.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Actually, keep in mind that GTA:VC is set in 1986, so you can't mention anything that was released after that.
Bah, my radio station's going to have them anyway; I'm even thinking of recording some short mp3s of myself as the DJ pointing out what years some of the stuff comes from.

"Coming up next are some songs by the band Bush. We're not paying royalties for any of them becasue they haven't been written yet, so sit back and relax." :lol: :wink:

I wonder if I can use RealJukebox or something to convert the audio of those XEntertainment ads into .mp3s. :D
By His Word...
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Darth Utsanomiko wrote:Bah, my radio station's going to have them anyway; I'm even thinking of recording some short mp3s of myself as the DJ pointing out what years some of the stuff comes from.

"Coming up next are some songs by the band Bush. We're not paying royalties for any of them becasue they haven't been written yet, so sit back and relax." :lol: :wink:

I wonder if I can use RealJukebox or something to convert the audio of those XEntertainment ads into .mp3s. :D
Heh, I'm going to make mine 88.8 FM, so I can add whatever I want.

"88.8 FM, taking you back-back-back to the future of rock. Our songs are so cutting edge that most of them haven't even been recorded yet."
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Reminds me, I think I'll buy the box set of the soundtracks, it's £30 at HMV. :)
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I wonder if Duran Duran had any songs before 1986... :?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Well, I just got my copy of Vice City for PC this morning. Damn, these are some nice graphics, especially when run at 1152x864 and max draw distance on my system. :D

Anyway, I've got about 16 songs right now, including the 2 I mentioned, 3 from GTA3's FlashFM station, 2 from Transformers The Movie ('The Touch' and 'Dare'. The film was made in '87, though I'm just going to claim Sean Bush wrote those songs beforehand :wink: ), and about 4 that definitely do not fit the era.

I'm going to probably cut down the actual list, though; I need some tracks that I can drive like a maniac to ('Machine Head' by Bush being one of those. :mrgreen: )
By His Word...
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

MORE IRON MAIDEN!!!!
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Eye of The Tiger?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I wonder if Duran Duran had any songs before 1986... :?
They must've as A View To A Kill came out in 1985 and that was given to them after them being so popular. I'll check the album I have if I can find it.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Straha wrote: But what I absolutley hate is that I cannot find the soundtrack for the Public Radio station ANYWHERE!!
Didn't they only release the music stations and not the talk radio ones?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

2000AD wrote:
Straha wrote: But what I absolutley hate is that I cannot find the soundtrack for the Public Radio station ANYWHERE!!
Didn't they only release the music stations and not the talk radio ones?
That's what pissed me off so much, and Kazaa doesn't even have it. :(
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Damn that blows.

"Crime in this city has only increased if you don't turn the graphs upside down. Once you do, it's halved and all under me, Alex Shrub!"
Hammerman! Hammer!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

2000AD wrote:Damn that blows.

"Crime in this city has only increased if you don't turn the graphs upside down. Once you do, it's halved and all under me, Alex Shrub!"
I loved the debate between the Nudist and the Soccer Mom alot,

"I teach my family that all nudity is bad, we take our baths with the lights out, and with our bathing suits on. We don't have any mirrors in my house either, that only let's you look at naughty parts."

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

GTA 3 audio boxset fot £25

Amazon.co.uk
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

Well, if you have the game CD, you can extract the radio stations and convert them to MP3 yourself; the files are still in the GTA3 VB format, which already has several tools for conversion to PCM WAV. Each track, however, is huge; I ended up with a 108 MB MP3 for KCHAT, for instance.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:I wonder if Duran Duran had any songs before 1986... :?
They must've as A View To A Kill came out in 1985 and that was given to them after them being so popular. I'll check the album I have if I can find it.
Well, I don't care what year it came out in, I'm going to use "Take On Me". :P
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Beat It by Michael Jackson, Unchained by Van Halen, Rock the Casbah by The Clash, quite a few more.

Fixed your tags for you - Kev :D

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Straha wrote:

"I teach my family that all nudity is bad, we take our baths with the lights out, and with our bathing suits on. We don't have any mirrors in my house either, that only let's you look at naughty parts."
Bah, that's nothing compared to the last part of that session.

"Evil doer! DIE DEVIL DIE!!! *boom*"

"..... there's blood and pubic hair all over the place!"
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Straha wrote:

Bah, that's nothing compared to the last part of that session.

"Evil doer! DIE DEVIL DIE!!! *boom*"

"..... there's blood and pubic hair all over the place!"
Heh, the Australian war was one of the best in GTA3. Gotta love Laslow. :D
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

That's Lazlow. :P
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I think MC Hawking's GTA3 deserves a mention.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin