General bitch - in gaming for a reason

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

General bitch - in gaming for a reason

Post by weemadando »

Well, here I am in a uni computer lab on the net (because my account at home just expired), I've just finished compiling a cheatsheet for Hong Kong Action Theatre 1st Ed (the most heinously laid out RPG book in existance) and I'm bored.

Raven Shield is kicking my arse. I can't even get past the first mission without losing men. A big change from the days when I could finish R6 and Rogue Spear and expansions without losing a man. But why is it so? Because the STUPID FUCKING AI TAKES ITS SWEET FUCKING TIME CLEARING A ROOM!!! I mean they open the door, stand around for a few seconds, then decide to throw a flashbang in (by which time half the team has been blasted to hades by the man inside the door with an RPK) then they slooooowly (even on Assault/Blitz) wander inside and once they do that, they do a decent job. The problem is they stand in the fucking door for too long, even when you DON'T tell them to grenade a room.

Splinter Cell, conversely is kicking arse. I just finished the CIA missions (they aren't going to be happy, not when they change shifts and find an entire complex of unconcious people - yes I know its not stealthy, but its the CIA, had I the choice I would have shot them). This game rocks. Just go and get it.

My girlfriend is being kicked out of her flat in a month because they want to sell it for roughly 3 times what its worth (even the real-estate agents are laughing at them), so it looks like our plans to move in together have been accelerated slightly.

The University is saying I haven't been paying rent. When in fact I fucking well have. They just sent me a notice of non-payment, when I went to talk to them the last time it shows up as having a "non-payment" is in the fucking first week of January, so I'm going to have to chase that up and beat them around the fucking head.

I have assignments out my arse (figuratively speaking) and exams looming. But if it all goes well I shall be a fully fledged academic in 5 and a bit weeks time.

Well, thats enough venting for me. I think I might sit back, relax and laugh at some fundies.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Ah- I forgot. There is light on the horizon.

This wednesday at about 6:00pm I shall begin a great odyssey.

First, there shall be X-men 2. Then there will be The Matrix, returning to the great screen with good sound. Then at midnight, AEST, I shall be watching Matrix Reloaded.

And lo, it shall all be good.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Do you have proof of payments to the University? (check, credit card, cash receit )
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE