Gah! I'm so torn!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Hostages or Hookers, H&K or DeLorean, Ding or Ray?

Tango down! Threat neutralized! Raven Shield is go!
44%
Insane stunt bonus! Rampage! Vice City is the place to be!
56%

Total votes: 18

Hotfoot

Gah! I'm so torn!

Post by Hotfoot »

This year is going to be hell on me because of all the good games that are going to be released, and the year of hell starts now!

Four games sit waiting for me to buy them...four games that I want. I can only buy two. Core Command (Tabletop RPG), after having some difficulties from the printers, finally shipped this last Thursday. Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion is apparently out, which looks to be good fun, as I much enjoyed the original Medieval: Total War. Raven Shield is high on my list, as it's a fucking H&K candy store, and I long to run around with my trusty G36, MP5-SD, or PSG-1, saving hostages and taking down terrorists. Vice City for the PC has just been released, however, and my obsession with the original game still tugs at my soul.

There's no doubt, I must get Core Command. This limits my second choice to the three computer games. Viking invasion is a distant third in comparison to Raven Shield and Vice City, but the problem is that both of those games right now have potential gaming values too close to make a quick decision on for me. So I am going to put it to a vote. Raven Shield vs. Vice City, which should I get first? Please leave your reasons for your choice.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Haven't played much of Raven shield so won't go there honestly.

But VC kick mucho ass...and the things you can do and screw around with...and hell get it for the radio programs alone.

That and there's nothing like killing fools while popping wheelies.

Though getting 100% does suck(it gives you one final set of clothing), the game is addicting and enjoyable.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

If it's the same as PS2 then when you get 100% in VC you also get a larger healt and armour max, the apache spawns outside the military base and you can hire 2 bodyguards to follow you around.

Anyway, Vice City rocks plain and simple and the word in the grapevine is that the PC versioj is better than the PS2 version. (I knew this when it came out and i sillt got it for the PS2 as soon as possible!) Although i like Rainbow 6 series Vice City is just much more fun and for me is endlessly replayable. I'll tell you this there is no better way of stress relief than to just load up VC (or GTA:3) and just drive around and do what you want.

My favourite things to do in VC are: (after completing the mission)
-Fly around in an apache helicopter and blow shit up!
-Just blow shit up, plain and simple.
-Insane jumps on a motorbike!
-Sit and watch the virtual sunset while chilling out to Crockett's Theme (from Miami Vice) or one of the many other brilliant songs on the soundtrack.
-Sit (camp?) on top of a skyscraper and snipe people.
-Ditto but instead i snipe out peoples tyres.
-Ditto but with a rocket launcher! :twisted:
-Create a road block, then headshot people through their windscreens.
-Drive into the army base and see how long i can survive.

The possibilities are endless!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Get Raven Shield. Vice City really got boring once I'd run out of combinations of weapons and targets, which happened pretty quickly.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Tied...tied vote... GYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I would like to take this moment to say that you all suck! :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Hotfoot wrote:Tied...tied vote... GYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I would like to take this moment to say that you all suck! :P
Well, do you usually prefer to play the good guy, or the bad guy?
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Ahem...

Homeworld 2!

:D sorry... I just have no clue which of the two choices is better..
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

I got Vice City for my PS2

Can't say I like it much the only redeeming feature is the Radis stations...

Anyone knows about the radio tracks for the PC, are they on MP# or an other easy to get format?

Might buy it for the music if they are.

Anyhow get Raven Shield
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
GonK
Youngling

Post by GonK »

Mmmmmmmm Vice City....

Sits with fingers crossed that flatmate gets free copy of it from work...
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, including the topless blond out at the swimming pool this morning. But, like the topless blond, some stupid things are fun to stare at." Raoul Duke, Jr.
<---And if you EVER see that face wandering roung Edinburgh with a bottle of Jack Daniels then I advise you to run. Or you could come over and buy me more Jack Daniels.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Vice City; there's nothing quite like knocking an old lady off of a moped and running over with with it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

6 months to Half Life 2. Save your dimes...

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

If you have GTA3 then get Raven Shield (I would have that now but I got Splinter Cell), otherwise, get VC since not owning a GTA game is a felony.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Thirdfain wrote:6 months to Half Life 2. Save your dimes...
According to Gamespy, Sierra have said HL2 is coming out on Sept 30th. That just happens to be my birthday. Let's see, birthday celebration or queue up to get HL2 ? Tough choice!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!