to anyone who owns ST: armada or armada 2....

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xcountryman03
Redshirt

to anyone who owns ST: armada or armada 2....

Post by xcountryman03 »

....and enjoys the ST vs. SW arguements. i suggest checking out the ST vs. SW mod http://www.nightsoftware.com/project/armada/
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

I have longed to play that mod online, managed it once, but time was against us.

The Borg on the mod are a bitch, very tough, regardless of if you're Feds or Imps.
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
xcountryman03
Redshirt

Post by xcountryman03 »

i agree. I played the armada 2 version a lot and nothing pissed me off more than watching a ferengi scavenger hauling away my very expensive, yet now derilict impstar duece
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Well, in the original mod If your the Rebels magpulse torpedoes make killing the Borg easy, though you need a bunch of them. One big salvo and the Cubes and spheres are missing half there systems.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Never could get the st v sw mods to work properly....they always messed up somewhere or were unbalanced....that's the main problem with the mods out there....it becomes too easy to do some things because of the sheer firepower involved....I don't want an easy victory....I want one fought for with skin, blood and sweat!
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I've never been able to find ST:Armada 2 at a store, always #1 for ten bucks.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
xcountryman03
Redshirt

Post by xcountryman03 »

the star trek action pack (or something) has armada 1 &2 and elite force and its expansion. This can be bought for 20 to 30 bucks
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Link is down. :(
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Darth Balls
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Balls »

yeah that site has chronic server problems
another big problem they have is they seem to be taking on too many extra projects when they cant even finish their current ones.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

What peeves me is that they tricked me. They did just IR and NR sides and i thought that it was the full version. Now i'm taunted by the inability to fight ST Vs sw, though it has gotten me into the world of mods...
Starscream

Post by Starscream »

I owned the first one for about a week. It had so many bugs in it I had to take it back, but it was a cool game. Wish they would make a SW version ( not just a mod.)
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Wasn't their fault. Darn armada 2 files website listed them as the same author. Well back to my cave i go.