Buffy: Chaos Bleeds

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Buffy: Chaos Bleeds

Post by Majin Gojira »

New Video Game, sneak peak

All three platforms this time

Can't play as Faith thought (I hope that the "play as Buffy, Angel, Willow, Xander and Spike" is part of a typo and Faith replaces Angel (since he doesn't appear in the screenshots as of yet)

It's early still and supposed to corelate with the release of a Buffy Comic from Dark Horse of the same name

Infro:

Here for game

Here for Comic info

Hopefully, this will pass the standard placed by the first Buffy for X-box console game...
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Shouldn't this be in Gaming?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

screen shot

That's that demon hunter form the first series, so it's set before he dies...

Which is before Kendra dies. Hell, it's before Buffy dies. So what's Faith doing there?

And who's the ugly guy at the back?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

innerbrat wrote:screen shot

That's that demon hunter form the first series, so it's set before he dies...

Which is before Kendra dies. Hell, it's before Buffy dies. So what's Faith doing there?

And who's the ugly guy at the back?
Apparently, Sid the Dummy returns.

Story is set in (probably early) Season 5, according to the article. (When Buffy was Fighting Glory)

Plot has walls between alternate realties breaking down (gee, could they meet there wish-verse doubles...)

The ugly guy in back is, I think, Ethan Rayne - Chaos Mage. I have an Incling he is responsible for the mess... and yes, this should be in gameing, bad me.

Can a Mod move it?
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Activate the Trans-mat! :)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

NecronLord wrote:Activate the Trans-mat! :)
Trasmission recieved ;)

Also, looks like it might be a lot of fun.
:D
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Hopefully they have more baddies than just vampires in the game or it will be insanely easy. Jesus, they always show middle aged people as vampires in that show, when all they really would be able to kill are the elderly and the crippled.(Jesus, they have no to very little bone anywhere near their heart, seeing how pencils have pierce their hearts on several occasions)
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

anarchistbunny wrote:Hopefully they have more baddies than just vampires in the game or it will be insanely easy. Jesus, they always show middle aged people as vampires in that show, when all they really would be able to kill are the elderly and the crippled.(Jesus, they have no to very little bone anywhere near their heart, seeing how pencils have pierce their hearts on several occasions)
The First game had an OK variety, let's hope the expand it

For those that don't know....

Top of the head list or previous baddies:

Low-level Vampires (3 variattions Male, 2 variations Female)

Higher Level Vampires (3 male type variations, 2 female variations)

'Big' Vampires (2 basic types, one Unique)

Zombies (3 types)

Hell Hounds

Demon Spiders (football sized and Mansized)

'Siren' Demons (coolest baddies in the game)

"Screaming Hanoch Demons" (and chameleon Variant)

Then of course there are the Bosses...

Angel
Spike
The Master
Vampire Shapeshifter 1 (She turns int humanoid Snake thing)
Vampire Shapeshifter 2 (He turns into Big Tiger Monster)
The Dreamer Demons (3, all different, but some basic powers for all 3)
Necromancer
(not in this order, mind you)

Still, more demons would be nice in the sequel. the fact that many of the demons were pretty much variants on each other kinda brought it down IMO.
Browncoat

Stampede
Padawan Learner

Post by Stampede »

ive not had a chance to play the first one seein as how i dont have an xbox. is it any good? meaning is it worth going out and buying an xbox to play it on?
Bungeeeeeee!!! Nooooooooo!!!Image

Oh no, sweetie. I don't think you're a whore....whores actually charge money.

ImageImageImage
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, it isn't worth going out and getting if you don't have an X-box (well, unless you're a super-rabid fan like I am)

It's worth it if you have an X-box. It was one of the systems few good early titles. For the longest time all I had for my X-box was Halo and Buffy. Nothing else. Now, I have Mech Assault as well :P

But it's worth reading the reviews before you buy it, they'll tell you the pluses (Gameplay, Voicacting, action, graphics) and the minuses (A Lot of Corny Dialouge--with some funny ones thrown in to keep you off balance, tiny camera angle problem, but it can be fixed with practiced control)
Browncoat

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Any word on if it'll come out on PS2?

EDIT: If it's early season 5, can we see Dracula?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Stampede
Padawan Learner

Post by Stampede »

Well, it isn't worth going out and getting if you don't have an X-box (well, unless you're a super-rabid fan like I am)
LoL. i'm a big fan of both the Buffy and Angel series, so if you say its good enough....looks like im about to put a couple hundred more on my Master Card :lol:

ImageImageImage
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Nothing is worth giving Microsoft money than you need to.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Gandalf wrote:Any word on if it'll come out on PS2?

This game is coming to all three systems...as stated in the article.
Browncoat

Stampede
Padawan Learner

Post by Stampede »

Nothing is worth giving Microsoft money than you need to.
but...it's....buffy...... :(

ImageImageImage
Adelfi
Youngling

Post by Adelfi »

Damn we shouldnt be able to use Faith she's in jail at the time.

Not that I mind being able to use her of course.

Where's Anya?
I hope the regular cast does the voices again as well as the Buffy fill in, she did a real good job.
Where's Anya?
Multi player sounds nice I hope its more tweaked than in the original.
Riley makes more sense than Faith timeline wise :cry:
I want Anya in this damn game!! maybe even Olaf
there is a bunny catcher mode after all. She can stomp on the fluffers before they "hippity hop all over her vulnerable (and tender) flesh"
G'kar's a real pimp
Good for him
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Majin Gojira wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Any word on if it'll come out on PS2?

This game is coming to all three systems...as stated in the article.
WAHOO!

:D :D :D

I now have a reason to live again.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Adelfi wrote:Damn we shouldnt be able to use Faith she's in jail at the time.

Where's Anya?
I hope the regular cast does the voices again as well as the Buffy fill in, she did a real good job.
Where's Anya?
Multi player sounds nice I hope its more tweaked than in the original.
Riley makes more sense than Faith timeline wise :cry:
I want Anya in this damn game!! maybe even Olaf
there is a bunny catcher mode after all. She can stomp on the fluffers before they "hippity hop all over her vulnerable (and tender) flesh"
Considering there's a game called 'bunny hunting', I think it's a safe bet Anya's in it.

Stampede
Padawan Learner

Post by Stampede »

what time line is the frist game set up in?

ImageImageImage
Hades
Jedi Knight

Post by Hades »

Adelfi wrote:Damn we shouldnt be able to use Faith she's in jail at the time.

Well if the story involves Alternate dimensions then how do you know its not a faith from one of these?
If at first you dont succeed.... destroy all evidence you ever tried
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

I hope that they don't mess with the control style from the first game, it was great as is, and I can think of many sequels that have been ruined by changing control styles from good to poor in the attempt to improve control.....
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Yea! It turns out you CAN play as Faith from a current 3E report...

Link
With involvement from the television show’s creators, writers, and cast, this 3rd person adventure fighting game delivers a truly epic experience.

The original story begins when Buffy Summers discovers that an enemy from the past, Ethan Rayne, is at the center of a great struggle with The First, literally the first incarnation of evil the world has ever known. Buffy and the gang must face an undead army of vampires, zombies, and demons to keep these nefarious villains from casting the world into permanent darkness.
Features:
  • Original storyline features cross-over characters seen in the current TV season
    · Story written by Buffy writers, Chris Golden & Tom Sneigoski, expands on the Buffy television series mythology
    · Original dialogue and voice recording from cast members
    · Play as Buffy and 5 other main characters from the show- Xander, Willow, Spike, Faith, and even Sid the Dummy
    · Playable characters each have unique combat styles & weapons, including flamethrowers, crossbows, battle axes, pitchforks, and even water guns.
    · Robust fighting engine allows for over 100 special slayer moves & combinations
    · Fight horrifying bad guys like fan favorites, Kakistos and Ripper Giles, werewolves as well as new demons such as the Bat Beasts and Zombie Gorillas
    · Diverse gameplay elements include fighting, single player adventuring, and challenging puzzles
    · Interact with both familiar and new characters, environments, and lethal villains
    · Multiplayer action' supports up to 4 players in 6 different modes, including Domination, Versus, Last Man Standing, and everyone's favorite, Bunny Catcher
    · Play as a vampire in any Multi-player mode
    · DVD-style bonus content: Cast interviews, photo gallery, storyboards, unlockables, making of the game footage, and Chaos Bleeds e-comic
No New Pics yet...but I'm sure that will change
Browncoat

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Why Ripper? He's still Giles, albeit teen-sized.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Why Ripper? He's still Giles, albeit teen-sized.
Given it's about alternate dimensions and the such, I say there's an evil one, and like all mirror universe copies, he probably has a scar.

- George Carlin
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Buffy: Chaos Bleeds

Post by Eleas »

My first spontaneous thought: This game looks like crap.

My second thought: why does Faith look like my Avatar?
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe