[in the spirit of JediNeophyte's rants] Generals Morons

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

[in the spirit of JediNeophyte's rants] Generals Morons

Post by Companion Cube »

Or: Why Turtling is Bad

Ok, I'm playing MP on Fortress Avalanche, a large, 8-player map, with three other players, one of which I am allied to. At first the game goes fairly normally, and I manage to launch an attack on one of my opponents. I break through his defences and have destroyed his barracks and War Factory (I'm playing as GLA, the guy i'm attacking is US, and my partner and his are both Chinese), when my base gets hit by a not inconsiderable attack force, which brushes past my defences and my base defence army. With my attack force too engaged to pull back, I ask my ally for help.
This guy has been sitting back, building up his defences to startling levels (think LOTS of Gattling turrets and Bunkers) and has an army easily equal to mine. Does he send any help? No chance. Even when I point out that the attacking force is very low on anti-air, the only reply I get is a stony wall of silence.
Unfortunately, after a brief and messy battle, the enemy force wiped out my base, and the nearby expansion where I had been trying to build a counterattack, which meant I was defeated automatically. My attack had managed to destroy a considerable fraction of the enemy base, but it turns out that the guy had a load of expansions I never noticed...

Initially I thought that language problems may have been the reason for my ally's reticence in helping me, but it turns out he was from the US, so no excuse there... :evil:

/Rant
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Some people are assholes and should be shot on sight?....seriously though...there are many a player that don't deserve allies and that would be one of those people...if you get the chance..avoid the player or something...it's about all you can do really

Or join with your enemies to crush the little kiddie next time
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Aaaah... it spreads, like the plague! Mwahahahaha!

But yeah, I try to stay out of Generals games with people I don't know, I only play with my friend generally.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: [in the spirit of JediNeophyte's rants] Generals Morons

Post by Rob Wilson »

3rd Impact wrote:Or: Why Turtling is Bad

Ok, I'm playing MP on Fortress Avalanche, a large, 8-player map, with three other players, one of which I am allied to. At first the game goes fairly normally, and I manage to launch an attack on one of my opponents. I break through his defences and have destroyed his barracks and War Factory (I'm playing as GLA, the guy i'm attacking is US, and my partner and his are both Chinese), when my base gets hit by a not inconsiderable attack force, which brushes past my defences and my base defence army. With my attack force too engaged to pull back, I ask my ally for help.
This guy has been sitting back, building up his defences to startling levels (think LOTS of Gattling turrets and Bunkers) and has an army easily equal to mine. Does he send any help? No chance. Even when I point out that the attacking force is very low on anti-air, the only reply I get is a stony wall of silence.
Unfortunately, after a brief and messy battle, the enemy force wiped out my base, and the nearby expansion where I had been trying to build a counterattack, which meant I was defeated automatically. My attack had managed to destroy a considerable fraction of the enemy base, but it turns out that the guy had a load of expansions I never noticed...

Initially I thought that language problems may have been the reason for my ally's reticence in helping me, but it turns out he was from the US, so no excuse there... :evil:

/Rant
What a fucking arsehole! If it's a team game you play as a team, how hard a concept is that to grasp? :x

When I used to play Starcraft online, a pal of mine and I would always team up, I'd handle 90% of the defenses for both of us using Marines and he'd build a huge Protoss attack fleet. It would take a lucky enemy to defeat us once we were on a roll. I can't understand anyone who joins a team game and then fucks over their team mates for personal gain 9which in this case wasn't even assured). Total fucking waste of space.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back