Age of Empires 1

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

DarthBlight
Padawan Learner

Age of Empires 1

Post by DarthBlight »

I need some help with the Babylon campaign's second mission. To jog everyone's memory, it's the mission where you need to recover two artifacts and you have two enemies that start in the Tool Age (you start in Stone) and they love to ship-rush you. Anyone have any strategy ideas?
150th post made June 9, 2003
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Debater classification: Lurker
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

That's a hard mission. That's why I use cheats. :twisted: If you don't want to, then try Age of Empires Heaven. They have walkthroughs and hintsheets for all of the missions.
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

This brings back memories.

If I remember correctly, try and build inland out of range of the ships, and mass troops, for a quick raid in.
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Aye, resist the urge to start near the ocean for the quick food as you'll simply get owned by the ships and enmass your troops...if possible, build defensive towers around your base and fortify them. or if need be, use the forests as walls.
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Ahhh, nostalgia. Those mission were obscenely difficult... :? :)
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

:twisted: That's what I WANT in a game....I want to be forced to think every second of the game or I'm fucked...these lame games that give you cause to think for three seconds and the rest is linear just don't cut it anymore
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Coaan wrote::twisted: That's what I WANT in a game....I want to be forced to think every second of the game or I'm fucked...these lame games that give you cause to think for three seconds and the rest is linear just don't cut it anymore
Point. 8)
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Coaan wrote::twisted: That's what I WANT in a game....I want to be forced to think every second of the game or I'm fucked...these lame games that give you cause to think for three seconds and the rest is linear just don't cut it anymore
Amen brother!
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

The only problem(other than its need to be remade) with AoE was the pop limit. Anyone know how to change it(I already know how to cheat it)?
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Darth Gojira wrote:The only problem(other than its need to be remade) with AoE was the pop limit. Anyone know how to change it(I already know how to cheat it)?
I don't think you can change it in AoE1. The closest I can get is to build up to 49 and then set every building you have to build units at the same time; I can generally get about 60-65 that way.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

The pop limit actually makes sense...ever played something like generals and got rushed by more tanks than the us army has in rl? forces you to use what you need, when you need it and be careful on what you spend.

Also helps a little with rushing...though somehow the computer always manages to rush you with more than it can possibly support
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

The only way I can think of to get past the population cap is by going into the scenario editor and giving yourself a few thousand troops...

*Nostalgia*