Gamepro

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Gamepro

Post by Cal Wright »

Thier lame asses finally made up for the insults. In this month's issue they have an article on programs for making video games.

Also, I found a mag that has a cd and articles on flash animation. So, I can re post my findings in this thread later, but right now I have to motivate my ass into an Am Lit paper. gah!!!

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Que Pasa?
Image Image
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Wow...Gamepro... I haven't gotten that magazine in years. Nowadays I just stick to PCGamer.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Heh, so GamePro is still being a dick to their readers, eh? :mrgreen:

Doesn't surprise me in the least. :roll:

Last time I read GP was back when the CDI was out. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I had a subscription to it for years, there were far better mags

The best vg mag ever was Gamefan~ nothing could surpass it
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

I'm an avid EGMer. They might be assholes, but they're more like us. I used to subscribe to them and even then I noticed thier elitist attitude. They finally urped me when I could actually relate to a reader. They were asking about how to do some thing in a wrestling game I had rented. I was wondering the same damn thing too. They scoffed at him, and said something to the effect of 'Get a clue and try reading your MANUAL. That's what it's there for' Hey asshats, why don't you get a clue. I RENTED my game and it came with guess what, jack SHIT. I'm betting the other gamer was like that too. Fuck them. However if this game programming thing works out, I'll actually stop saying most of the bad things about them.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

PCPowerPlay. Still the best if you ask me.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Gamepro is and will almost forever be garbage(as far back as when it started it read like some fan-mag)

Gamefan was just too much opinions you could barely get shit really worth out of it(one guy screaming nuances like COLORING OF SUPER MOVES...now that was bullshit..FF7 the wait FF6...oh wait who knows which one is NOW the GREATEST RPG EVER....sigh)

Gamer's Republic felt the same, but more pictures.

Play feels like it should give you a free preview of Newtype with every issue.You can get more Anime info then you get game info.

EGM has always been sorta midle of the road...at times good, other times so wrong for the game at hand.

And quite a few of the others are store sponser(yes, unbiased right there)

For me I read Maximum PC...and peruse the net for articles.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete