Generals re: China

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Generals re: China

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Am I the only one who thinks that China still needs to be nerfed, even after the last patch? Their Gatling Tanks are god-units - air units and infantry pose zero threat to them, and they can hold their own against tanks. WTF? "Weak against tanks" my ass. And their fucking landmines, those things are bullshit. They kill any infantry including Col. Burton and the other special guys as well as any vehicles, they constantly regenerate in a 360-degree circle and remain there after the building is destroyed, all for the low price of $600. Plus a lot of units have to go over the mines to get in range of the building. Grr.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

So, you're saying that land mines are unbalanced because they kill people and prevent units with short ranges from attack Chinese positions? Man, that's such bullshit. I mean, militaries don't use mines in order to defend fixed positions! After all, most soldiers can just shrug off hideous fragmentation wounds, and vehicles have invulnerable tracks and bottom armor ten feet thick.

What's Westwood trying to do with these land mines? Force us to use artillery or aircraft to blow up buildings, making simple rushes more difficult and necessitating the use of combined arms?
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

I don't have a problem with the mines themselves. But when an elite commando skilled at infiltration (Col. Burton) can't pick his way through them, the mines regenerate at zero cost to the player, and they persist indefinitely after the building they're built around is destroyed...

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

JediNeophyte wrote:I don't have a problem with the mines themselves. But when an elite commando skilled at infiltration (Col. Burton) can't pick his way through them,
It's difficult for engineering teams with specialized equipment to move through properly sown minefields, why should Col. Burton do any better?
the mines regenerate at zero cost to the player, and they persist indefinitely after the building they're built around is destroyed...
Well... I think they should disappear with the building, but I don't think it's quite that bad.
--The Lord Humungus
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
JediNeophyte wrote:I don't have a problem with the mines themselves. But when an elite commando skilled at infiltration (Col. Burton) can't pick his way through them,
It's difficult for engineering teams with specialized equipment to move through properly sown minefields, why should Col. Burton do any better?
Because its C&C :wink:

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

It's just fine the way it is. As the Comissar said, it makes the tank rushes many players used to do with the older C&C games much more difficult.
Supermod
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
the mines regenerate at zero cost to the player, and they persist indefinitely after the building they're built around is destroyed...
Well... I think they should disappear with the building, but I don't think it's quite that bad.
Tell that to the farmers in Vietnam there's STILL fatalities to this day.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Tell that to the farmers in Vietnam there's STILL fatalities to this day.
Or to the people in Russia who get killed by stepping on WWII mines.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

IMO, JediNeophyte was right about the gattling tanks...the things rip through comanches within moments...(though come to think of it that is the intent...)

But yeah, China does need to be nerfed. Also, the GLA needs to be boosted a little, in my opinion.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

3rd Impact wrote:IMO, JediNeophyte was right about the gattling tanks...the things rip through comanches within moments...(though come to think of it that is the intent...)

But yeah, China does need to be nerfed. Also, the GLA needs to be boosted a little, in my opinion.
Really I don't understand all the people saying the chinese are too strong.
I have no more difficulties killing a Chinese player than a US player.
The only thing you could do is either weaken the Gatling weapons, which would make them utterly useless, or weaken the Overlords, which would be unfair since they cost so much.

The GLA is also fine the way it is. Most players just don't know how to use them right.
Supermod
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Tell that to the farmers in Vietnam there's STILL fatalities to this day.
I was talking about play balance, silly old bear.
--The Lord Humungus