BF1942 idiots [rant]

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

BF1942 idiots [rant]

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

OK, WTF. I can understand being a n00b at piloting - I was once a n00b as well. Most games usually have a few extra planes to go around, the n00bs should be able to fly too. Even though they crash and generally suck, they'll learn and get better. But WTF? Why. In. Holy. Dear. Sweet. Bejeesus. Would you take a fucking B-17 (with no gunners!) when you don't know how to fucking fly!? I was playing Market Garden and I was doing some CAP in my Mustang when I see this tard taking off in a B-17 by himself. By some miraculous act of luck, it didn't explode as he finally gained some altitude and barely cleared the hill in front of him. Then he managed to pull a weird 70-degree right bank/partial-loop type dealie, flying lower than I usually fly with a fighter ( :shock: ). By this time, the B-17 was nearly out of control and flying towards the city anyways, so I went back to my business. A few seconds later, I see him flying straight and level by the church! ...for a couple seconds. He then managed to lose control and list the bird back and forth up to 40 degrees each time, until he finally crashed into a hill. Goddamn.

Now that I'm done with the n00bs...

What the fuck people? Bombers are not your fucking toy airplanes. You may be a decent fighter pilot, but (surprise!) BOMBERS ARE NOT FIGHTERS. I am fucking sick of seeing people prance about in B-17s as if they were BF109s! Making 70-degree banks 10 full feet over the roofs of the city buildings is not how you fly a fucking bomber. And these people miraculously survive, too. Until they stall from trying to get a bomber to perform like their precious fighters. God-fucking-damn. You know what I do? That actually fucking works? FLY ABOVE THE FUCKING CLOUDS AND BOMB THE ENEMY USING THE FUCKING MAP. The advantages of this method are as follows:

1) It shows YOU ARE NOT A FUCKING RETARD

2) You avoid extremely lethal flak and machinegun fire

3) Harder for fighters to find you

4) You don't have to maneuver at all, thus not stalling, thus maintaining altitude, thus not crashing into a hill.

[/rant]

Anyone else have problems with BF1942 idiots?
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Well, on the demo (The one with the Pacific Island (Midway?) map), I kept having to avoid the driver of a tank on my side who was purposefully trying to run me down. He was ignoring enemy fire, miraculously not being hit by a number of tank shells, and even trying to follow me into a house... :shock: :roll: :shock: Obviously, the door stopped him. I don't know if he was just a 12-year-old who couldn't tell the difference between an American or Japanese uniform, or maybe he thought I was an engineer with a repair kit, but it still annoyed the hell out of me... :evil:

He did make excellent cover though... :twisted:
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Sokar
Jedi Master

Post by Sokar »

And this is why I do not bother with online games at all. If I want to game with assholes , I'll invite my friends over , at least then I get to pick and choose my co-assholes......
BotM
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I've played against groups of 12 years olds at LAN's, on the Midway map, mantakai and I started driving a huge cruiser and sinking their ships while they pottered around the land part. Suddenly they had like no respawn spots and they were being shot down by my sniper rifle. Once we had the flags it was a matter of waiting them down.

Sorry bout the bragging, just proves that six twelve year olds can lose to two seventeen year olds.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

There are plenty of BF idiots out there, (and most are teamkillers).
I only play it online with friends, it's more fun that way.
Supermod
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

I play at a company computer lab one of friends works at. Since they're all guys in high school a little older than me we don't hav any stupid Newbies on the LAN.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

My brother (22) will sometimes just try to see how many teammates he can run over with a jeep before dying. Quite a few, the one time I watched. The funnier part was the reaction of the guy riding along with him. :lol:
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Re: BF1942 idiots [rant]

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

JediNeophyte wrote:<A Whiskey Tango Foxtrot-worthy Rant about St00pid N0o0o0o0bZ trying to fly B17s like BF109s on BF1942!!>
WTF were those guys smoking!!?!? :shock: And WHERE can I find some!? :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Now I know why the Poking Tank has Missile Canisters: Some of the buggers can fly! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

I fly with a mouse in 3rd person view...

*Waits for gasps of suprise*

I'm one of those crazy noobs that fly right above the ground and make crazy turns... Once I managed to fly straight into a mountain, but bailed out last minute, then hopped into another plane :D

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Exonerate wrote:I fly with a mouse in 3rd person view...

*Waits for gasps of suprise*

I'm one of those crazy noobs that fly right above the ground and make crazy turns... Once I managed to fly straight into a mountain, but bailed out last minute, then hopped into another plane :D
That's not just insane, that's 31337!!!
Image Image
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

I hate the idiots that leave others behind in vehicles. Like in Desert Combat, there are sometimes morons that grab the Black Hawk or the Hind and fly away. They can hold like 20 people and they just leave without a gunner or an assault team. Morons. :evil: I also hate people that shoot at their own teammate's vehicles because you got there before they did. TKers are obviously jackasses that ruin the game. Also, probably the worst form of TKing is when someone sails the carrier out of the combat zone. It kills everyone on the carrier, but it can't respawn because it's not blown up. :shock:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

3rd Impact wrote:Well, on the demo (The one with the Pacific Island (Midway?) map), I kept having to avoid the driver of a tank on my side who was purposefully trying to run me down.
This might be you.
And this.
And this is the start of a brilliant BF1942 series!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

2000AD wrote:
3rd Impact wrote:Well, on the demo (The one with the Pacific Island (Midway?) map), I kept having to avoid the driver of a tank on my side who was purposefully trying to run me down.
This might be you.
And this.
That second one IS FULL-ON WHISKEY FUCKING TANGO FOXTROT ROTFLMMFGDQQAO FUCKING FUNNY!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Yep, the daily victim rocks!

For really full on Whisky Tango Foxtrot there's this one

I ALLWAYS have a backup plan!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I play the game a lot when I'm at home. And there's always, but always, idiots who try to spoil the game for their own amusement.

Normally, though, it's not the newbies who are the problem - they're more like road hazards than threats - it's the competent players who don't do anything sensible. They have gaming skills, but they have the tactical sense of glue.

Any time, and I mean ANY time, my old fogie friends and I go online together, we stomp the CRAP out of the hordes of kids we go up against, because although we are lousy, sucky players, we are somewhat adept at formulating battle strategies and executing them as a team.

Remember, kids: NO GROUP OF WELL-DISCIPLINED SOLDIERS IS EVER OUTNUMBERED BY A MOB.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

2000AD wrote:Yep, the daily victim rocks!

For really full on Whisky Tango Foxtrot there's this one

I ALLWAYS have a backup plan!
:shock: Holy Shit! That is one of the funniest things I have ever read.
"Spider-Man just came out of the trunk of my car
:lol:
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Sadly, I bought the game and got busy in school. So I haven't played with actuall people. Hell, I'd try to fly that damn fortress low as shit to freak people out. Every game has it's assholes in it. THat was the great thing about Quake III Rail arena, shoot thier ass, and if FF is off, then they go soaring. Standing in a door? Bam, out they go. Keep knocking me off the ledge from behind. Bam, into enemy fire. Thanks for the cover bub, and letting me know were they are. heh.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

2000AD wrote:
This might be you.
And this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know anyone called Crenshaw, but apart from that...it could almost be the story of my BF1942 career! :lol:
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Btw who else is looking forward to the mod Forgotten Hope?

(finally the Russians won't have to use English rifles and American pistols anymore....)
Supermod
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

2000AD wrote:
This might be you.
And this.
That second one FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Just what does Semper fi mean anyway?
Hammerman! Hammer!
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

2000AD wrote:Just what does Semper fi mean anyway?
:shock:

Semper Fi - Semper Fidelis - Always Faithfull

(And watch out for the HAB guys, they migth take you on a little walk to a dark room.)
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Hammerman! Hammer!