Anyone Still Play "Elite Force"?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Anyone Still Play "Elite Force"?

Post by Lord Poe »

I put the game back on my 'puter because I'm doing a graphic novel-fanfic-comic with it. I began playing a few levels again to pass the time. Not a bad game. What are the best mods for this?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Whilst I have no mods, I'd like to mention that I still play it, and I too am looking for mods.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

I bought it....completed it that night and returned it in the morning.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I have it. Damn fun game.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I never got very far in it. At the 1st oppertunity i went to the weapons locker stocked up and went wild on the crew. If you can't shoot Janeway it's no fun.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: Anyone Still Play "Elite Force"?

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Poe wrote:I put the game back on my 'puter because I'm doing a graphic novel-fanfic-comic with it. I began playing a few levels again to pass the time. Not a bad game. What are the best mods for this?
Nice to see I'm not the only one with that Idea - though I'm thinking of using UT. Now all i need is some spare time... so sometime next year then. :)
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I own it but I find Jedi Outcast to be superior. I never could find a server without extraordinary lag, too.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Rob Wilson wrote:Nice to see I'm not the only one with that Idea - though I'm thinking of using UT. Now all i need is some spare time... so sometime next year then. :)
I think that UT is probably better for modding than any Raven Software game, given the relative lack of tools for the Q3 engine games. UT original, on the other hand, includes what you need to create most of the stuff and you don't need extra programs to create PAKs or WADs.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Crayz9000 wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:Nice to see I'm not the only one with that Idea - though I'm thinking of using UT. Now all i need is some spare time... so sometime next year then. :)
I think that UT is probably better for modding than any Raven Software game, given the relative lack of tools for the Q3 engine games. UT original, on the other hand, includes what you need to create most of the stuff and you don't need extra programs to create PAKs or WADs.
The main reason I chose it was because I already had it and there is a huge range of skins out there, plus mod tool support. That and it is cheap as hell. :D
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back