Natural Selection

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Natural Selection

Post by Thirdfain »

Aynoe here participate in the goodness that is the Natural Selection mod for Half-Life? Anyone who doesn't... It's some good shit.[/i]

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

I prefer DoD myself.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Stormbringer wrote:I prefer DoD myself.
Mmm. Nothing quite like firing the Garand from a prone position.

"Keeping the myth of the great American sharpshooter alive."
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

I like DoD alot myself- I consider myself a Garand artiste. nmo sniper rifles or BAR's for me...

But NS is REALLY cool, DoD is one of 2-3 good WW2 simulations out there. NS is so original and well designed...

Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I'm new to NS, and my internet connection has been sucking for the past few months, so I've had a rough time getting into it

Comm mode is fucking WEIRD, and there isn't enough documentation to help you out
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

I couldn't get it to work on my machine, but it looks pretty freakin' cool.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

I couldn't get it to work on my machine, but it looks pretty freakin' cool.
Natural Selection is revolutionary, I tell you. The combination of Real-Time strategy and first person shooter is incredible, especially in the moody, Aliens-like maps the mod creators made. It is a lot of fun. There is nothing like moving into a hive with a team of marines, checking corners and covering eachother, and then having a skulk leap out of the shadows and eat your face. It is great!
Comm mode is fucking WEIRD, and there isn't enough documentation to help you out
they are making big changes to Command mode in version 1.1- for instance, you will have a sidebar with the names of your marines, their locations, and their health.

Still, despite the sort of clumsy command interface, the feeling of manipulating a team of soldiers like you were playing StarCraft, but hacing them be real humans, is quite awesome. Nothing like the confusion of a messy firefight!

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

The first time I played NS it ran soooo slow on my comp I really couldn't do anything (this is the comp that could run normal half life and counterstrike effortlessly).

But when my new comp comes in, I'll probably try to get into the NS gaming community.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

NS rules!

Skulk + Level 3 cloaking + bound chuckle key = hours of fun